What are the problems to overcome?

• tompeel sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2008, 22:23

What are the problems to overcome?

This is a forum for suggesting obstacles that need overcoming before a feature like this can be added and how they may be solved.

• tompeel sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2008, 09:55

Copy-write/ licensing laws/ Music rights

The way i understand it last.fm can do what it does because there are no pause buttons on the radio and tracks are randomly played to listeners, so its not like they can just listen to anything they want whenever they want. plus last.fm play for every track that is broadcast.

The problem with our idea is that the site needs to keep tabs on what each presenter/DJ plays and if its just one audio stream you cant tell where the tracks are very easily with the tagging system last.fm uses:

- So my first suggestion is to get any presenters to agree to list a playlist for the show
    - Or make the feature so that as the show progresses the presenter triggers the song from the last.fm database and it is played with the last.fm radio. this however would limit the show to only the fully streamable tracks, which would actually make it more likely for us to find new music.

• Are there any problems?

Isn't this just a case of persuading lastfm to add the feature?
    Great idea though... I was thinking about this the other day when I found a good podcast. I like lastfm, but I also like to hear music presented to me in a radio show format.

So in brief, it would be great if lastfm made itself into a youtube for music podcasting.

• tompeel sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2008, 13:21

I'd imagine it to look like this..

This way its all embedded in the site, the only thing to add would be a way of hearing the presenters voice.

Sorry for the naff crude image

• tompeel sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2008, 14:18
    I've been emailing the last.fm team about this i showed the above image to Tim http://www.last.fm/user/por/ and he replied:

That could work :) The only limitation would be that playlists have to be randomized. So you wouldn't be able to say "the track you just listened to...". We've been playing with similar ideas for a while, but never had the time to get round to doing it. I'd love to see this actually. Something as simple as muxtape.com with annotated comments, and I'd love to see this on Last.fm. But I'm afraid we've got some other stuff on our plate right now. Hope that doesn't stop you from pursuing this idea as a (not so legal) :) mashup or something. Let me know if you do!

cheers
    -Tim

So it seems that the randomization thing is something to over come...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.