Feature Requests/suggestions:

• Re: Pre-buffer

Zachariacd said:
    I realize this is probably an obvious request and that the reason you can't do it is because of your license with the labels, but would it be possible to pre-buffer the next song that will be streamed on the app? Just because that way it would eliminate that 10-15 second delay you sometimes get in bad reception areas when starting a new song.
    The app starts pre-buffering the next track 30 seconds before the current track ends -- however, it you skip tracks frequently then the app wont have much time to pre-buffer.

Also, if you're using the pre-release version of Froyo, pre-buffering is broken in the new audio framework in Froyo. Hopefully Google will fix it for the final release of Froyo.

• Re:

Thanks, I guess I just haven't noticed the pre-buffering.

• lafnsam sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2010, 05:47

iPhone Compatible Wired Headsets with Remote button

I see that there is an option to turn on or off Headset Controls to stop and skip, but I am unable to skip with 3 different brands of iPhone 3GS compatible headsets that I've tried. (Sony MDR-EX38iP, Monster Cable Beats by Dr. Dre with Controltalk and the Shure MPA-3C). These products all allow track skipping with Pandora and Meridian Player. I would definitely use Last FM more often if this is fixed. Maybe you can support different headset profiles or allow the user to customize?

As of now, I'll be listening to Last FM and I click once to stop. After waiting, I'll click again and the stock music player starts playing - This is maddening. I guess Last FM is quitting. Maybe Last FM can have an option to continue running when stopped for a user specified amount of time like 0-whatever seconds.

Also, when using the widget: pressing the gear symbol does different things depending on whether music is playing or not. When playing music, I can't get to the full screen main menu without stopping the music first and then pressing the gear symbol. How about this: Add 2 options to the pop-up menu that appears while playing music and pressing the gear symbol - 1) Main Menu 2) Now Playing(less important).

• Re: iPhone Compatible Wired Headsets with Remote button

lafnsam said:
    I see that there is an option to turn on or off Headset Controls to stop and skip, but I am unable to skip with 3 different brands of iPhone 3GS compatible headsets that I've tried. (Sony MDR-EX38iP, Monster Cable Beats by Dr. Dre with Controltalk and the Shure MPA-3C). These products all allow track skipping with Pandora and Meridian Player. I would definitely use Last FM more often if this is fixed. Maybe you can support different headset profiles or allow the user to customize?
    Android-compatible headphones with remotes, such as the ones included with the Nexus One, have a dedicated skip button that works fine with our app. I think the iPhone 3GS headphones only have 1 button, correct? Are you asking for double-clicking the stop button to skip? I'll look into adding support for that.

• lafnsam sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2010, 08:43
    Yes, the iPhone 3GS headphones have only 1 button besides the volume controls. Double click to skip would be great. Thanks!

• rewallac sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jul 2010, 21:46

Home to Options

If you access the player from the widget, there is no way to go Last.fm home screen (i.e. to access settings or other stations). Home should be adding to the options when listing to a station.

• mattots sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jul 2010, 10:17

Subscriber features / Personal tag stations

I'm not currently a paying subscriber of Last.fm but one thing that would persuade me to pay for a subscription and which would make the Android app far more useful to me is if I could access the subscriber-only feature of being able to play only tracks that I have tagged with a particular tag.

• mattots sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jul 2010, 11:24

Number of tags in list

I think this has been requested previously by several people, but just to add my voice - it would be extremely useful if the list of tags under my profile was not restricted to the most recently added 10 or so, but allowed me to access them all. I don't see a useful reason for only showing 10, especially if taken together with my previous request.

• rwitte sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 9 jul 2010, 23:22

Re: Subscriber features / Personal tag stations

mattots said:
    I'm not currently a paying subscriber of Last.fm but one thing that would persuade me to pay for a subscription and which would make the Android app far more useful to me is if I could access the subscriber-only feature of being able to play only tracks that I have tagged with a particular tag.

But you are and you can!

• Overlapping songs feature or Bug?

"The app starts pre-buffering the next track 30 seconds before the current track ends -- however, it you skip tracks frequently then the app wont have much time to pre-buffer."

It`s fine it does pre-buffer but why must i hear the next song before the old ends? Is it like a "feature" i cannot disable or control (time wise) or a bug? It really bums me out having my music trashed 30 seconds before it ends. (I have only tried 1.5.6 which is the last version methinks).

CBS means: Cut By Segments
  • Re: Overlapping songs feature or Bug?

AlphaDivxMovies said:
    "The app starts pre-buffering the next track 30 seconds before the current track ends -- however, it you skip tracks frequently then the app wont have much time to pre-buffer."

It`s fine it does pre-buffer but why must i hear the next song before the old ends? Is it like a "feature" i cannot disable or control (time wise) or a bug? It really bums me out having my music trashed 30 seconds before it ends. (I have only tried 1.5.6 which is the last version methinks).
    What phone are you using? The next song shouldn't start playing audio until the current one ends, it just starts caching the file 30 seconds early.

• monclo sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jul 2010, 16:11
    last.fm albums live wallpaper for 2.1+ ?

• Razzee sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jul 2010, 15:10
    is this app open source in anyway?

i would love to have the sync ask you to which contact is should be bound, not every one is willing to use his/her full name in lastfm, so i got contatcts that i can't relink

• Razzee said:
    is this app open source in anyway?

i would love to have the sync ask you to which contact is should be bound, not every one is willing to use his/her full name in lastfm, so i got contatcts that i can't relink
    Yes, our app is completely open source. See the Source Code sticky for details.

• Re: Re: Overlapping songs feature or Bug?

c99koder disse:
    AlphaDivxMovies said:

What phone are you using? The next song shouldn't start playing audio until the current one ends, it just starts caching the file 30 seconds early.

Not using a phone per-se i am using an android tablet, an Archos Home Tablet 7 to be more exact (it`s similar if not equal to the infamous chinese Apad). I guess the problem lies with the old android version 1.5 Cupcake, Linux version 2.6.25. I Know the application is targeted at phones but taking into account what seems a minor bug and the huge potential the tablet market presents i hope it can be resolved. Other than that 30 second problem the app rocks, it`s still a killer app in my pad. Last.FM anywhere my 8dbi antenna can reach!

• Re: Re: Re: Overlapping songs feature or Bug?

AlphaDivxMovies said:
    Not using a phone per-se i am using an android tablet, an Archos Home Tablet 7 to be more exact (it`s similar if not equal to the infamous chinese Apad).
    Archos uses a custom media playback framework to support all their extra codecs etc. instead of the standard Android media system, so this is most likely a bug with their custom framework. We'll look into adding an option to disable pre-buffering in a future update as a workaround.

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Overlapping songs feature or Bug?

c99koder disse:
    AlphaDivxMovies said:
    Not using a phone per-se i am using an android tablet, an Archos Home Tablet 7 to be more exact (it`s similar if not equal to the infamous chinese Apad).
    Archos uses a custom media playback framework to support all their extra codecs etc. instead of the standard Android media system, so this is most likely a bug with their custom framework. We'll look into adding an option to disable pre-buffering in a future update as a workaround.

I look forward to it, i have hope Archos sees the huge potential of having this app in it`s "alternative" Android Marketplace dubed AppsLib. Apps in here are "tuned" to work better in Archos devices. Gonna give them a nudge nudge wink wink..... Maybe we can all play together soon.

• monclo sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jul 2010, 22:15
    Samsung releases Captivate and Vibrant source code to developers!

=]

can you update now the app to scrobble in the the galaxy s music player?

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/reception_main.do?method=reception_list&menu_item=mobile

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-releases-captivate-source-code-developers

• monclo said:
    Samsung releases Captivate and Vibrant source code to developers!

=]

can you update now the app to scrobble in the the galaxy s music player?

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/reception_main.do?method=reception_list&menu_item=mobile

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-releases-captivate-source-code-developers
    This is just the source code to the linux kernel they used, not for their custom media player.

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Overlapping songs feature or Bug?

AlphaDivxMovies said:
    I look forward to it, i have hope Archos sees the huge potential of having this app in it`s "alternative" Android Marketplace dubed AppsLib. Apps in here are "tuned" to work better in Archos devices. Gonna give them a nudge nudge wink wink..... Maybe we can all play together soon.
    I've included an option in the latest update to disable pre-buffering. Let me know if you're still having an issue with playback on your device.

• Shake device to skip track, or some other method that doesn't require unlocking the screen

This is a feature I've noticed floating around, and it would be very useful for me, especially while bicycling. The idea is that instead of:

- taking the phone out,
    - hitting the power button,
    - unlocking the screen,
    - navigating to the app>now playing if necessary,
    - hitting next,
    - hitting the power button again,
    - putting the phone back,
    - and hoping that once the next track loads it's more desirable,

one could:

- shake the phone.

Here are a couple of apps doing this:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/shake2playnext-for-android-released/
    http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-maplsroid-mplayerpro-activity-xEqA.aspx

Obviously this would have to be a toggle-able setting, as some activities involve unavoidable shaking.

I'm using an N1, and an alternative conceivable course would be to offer the ability to click the ball-button even while the screen is locked (as is already done with the volume keys), and have it skip the track.

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Overlapping songs feature or Bug?

[I've included an option in the latest update to disable pre-buffering. Let me know if you're still having an issue with playback on your device.

Well that solved the problem, since it is not being pre-cached it is not being played either...cool. In a WiFI connection the absence of pre-caching is not a problem, users with tablets with slower 3g (below 850 kbits) might see a problem but i am using a 3g 2mbit connection thru a Wireless Router and i am not having any major playback downtime (max i`ve waited so far was around 7 secs for the next track). I would add another option in the app if possible, although disabling the feature cures the problem i would like to have the pre-caching on but with the option to determine the time to pre-cache like 5 secs before the current track ends. With a little trial and error the overlapping would be a thing of the past and users could reduce the "downtime". Regarding the source of the problem (Archos media player) it`s complicated since this device was commisioned to a chinese builder using Rockchip hardware, i am not sure but i think users of Archos Home Tablet 7 are stuck with what they`ve got for the moment. But as of 1.6.0 my problem is solved at a 95% percentage, not too shabby, thank you for your diligence!

• acheslow sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2010, 23:54

Requests

This is by far my most used app. Great job. Two additional requests:

1) Option to auto-play the last station you listed to when the app is launched. Alternatively/additionally it would be great if the app Tasker (tasker.dinglisch.net) could pass a data parameter to the app to control it.

2) Un-love a track (I think the iPhone version does this).

Thanks!
    Alan

• edsbed sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2010, 13:57
    It would be great if we could start a multi artist or tag station on the phone, since we can already continue one we start on the computer

• e30user sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2010, 19:54
    As mentioned before, a 'disable screen timeout/lock' option would be great.

Another request is for a more noticeable difference between the loved and unloved icon. I really like the subtlety of the current one, but it's a bit hard to tell at times like when there's a slight glare on the screen.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.