Feature Requests/suggestions:

• Re: And on that note

The_Zeitgeist said:
    Am I stupid, or is not possible to "love" a track that's being played in the normal music player? It scrobbles fine, but opening the last.fm app while it's playing just gives me the artist bio. To "love" it I have to stop the music and navigate to my profile, recently played tracks. Seems like a missing button.
    You can use the love button on the widget to love local media player tracks.

• Re:alarm

egaistek said:
    I would like an Alarm function, to use Last.fm radio stream as alarm sound.

Agreed....this would be my #1 feature request at the moment.

-Steve C.
  • Widget buttons

c99koder said:
    Paradox460 said:
    Ability to Love/Ban a track that is playing in the android player.
    You can use the love/ban buttons on the widget to rate local media player songs as well as radio tracks.

Are you sure? I'm running the latest, and I just tried it with a Pat Metheny track. The icon doesn't change, and the love isn't registered on the website.

Also, I just opened the last.fm app, via the drawer, hit the home button, hit play on the internal music player widget, and hit heart. No change. Same happens when I hit the gear button. None of the buttons are working anymore. I do not use a task killer

Finally one feature completely unrelated. When Last.fm starts playing a track, could it possibly send a pause command to the internal music player to stop? Seems like it could be a nice feature. I believe there is an API for controlling the internal player

• great site

Before using this I always used Pandora which I thought was great but then I found out that last.fm had a radio too so I tried it and ened up loving it. It has so many features that Pandora lacks, like the ability to actually see the similar artists and the ability to go back to songs you love. All I know is that you guys took the time to really make this site work well and I don't think ill be going back to Pandora.

-AJ

• Prevent screen locking

I would like an option to keep the screen from locking when last.fm is playing so that I don't have to hit the power button and swipe the screen every time I want to see who's currently playing or skip, etc. Thanks!

• Not a faux-iPhone UI

The last.fm Android app is my favorite, and it works great, but the UI is an iPhone rip off. If you could just change a few details like using native Android tabs and having non-glossy buttons, it would look 100x better.
    I would also like hi-res graphics, everything looks blurry on Nexus One, but that's a minor issue.

• blklb sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 mar 2010, 19:04

Contacts Sync & Network Switching

Can you make contacts sync to a nickname in a contact's information. For example if my friend doesn't have their real name listed but their user name is "abcdefg". I want to be able to add to the nickname field "abcdefg" to their contact information and have the contacts sync work.

Secondly, and I don't know if this can be addressed but at my university the wireless networks go in and out and when I'm switching between the two it wont stream properly. In the past it just cuts out and starts a new song. I was wondering if there could be a smoother transition ? Perhaps adding more buffer ?

Love the application keep up the good work.

• Re: Contacts Sync & Network Switching

blklb said:
    Can you make contacts sync to a nickname in a contact's information. For example if my friend doesn't have their real name listed but their user name is "abcdefg". I want to be able to add to the nickname field "abcdefg" to their contact information and have the contacts sync work.
    To join this contact with their Last.fm user, view the contact in the Contacts or Phone app, then press Menu and select "Edit Contact", then press Menu and select "Join" and select their Last.fm username from the list.

Last.fm users that aren't joined with a contact are hidden by default, to un-hide them in order to manually join someone, press Menu from the list of contacts and select "Display Options", tap your Last.fm account, and then check the checkbox next to "All Contacts". After you've manually joined your contacts, you can hide the Last.fm-only contacts again by unchecking the "All Contacts" checkbox.

• bstronga sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2010, 19:14

Album art and messaging

Would love to see a bigger widget which can accommodate album art.
    To read/write shouts and messages we have to use the website... would like to see these features to be in-app and integrated with android's contacts app.

BTW huge thanks for the bigger Recent station history! :)

• gokul77 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 apr 2010, 11:07

Offline mode and higher bit rate for VIP subscribers

Hi Please add an offline radio option that buffers upto 2 hours of listening at least and the loved tracks station locally on the phone and also a higher bit rate for subscribers of last.fm.

• Re: Offline mode and higher bit rate for VIP subscribers

gokul77 said:
    Hi Please add an offline radio option that buffers upto 2 hours of listening at least and the loved tracks station locally on the phone and also a higher bit rate for subscribers of last.fm.
    Our music license from the record labels doesn't allow us to store any music locally.

• dcfcfan sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 apr 2010, 23:02

Re:Re: Open the app

c99koder said:
    You can press the Gear button on the widget if radio isn't playing to launch the app --

That's my problem. I want to be able to jump in to the app while it IS playing. While playing, gear only gives a few options. I can go to view artist info, then hit now playing, or open my app drawer and pick the app.

So maybe one more option squeezed in to open the main page of the app, or jump straight to now playing.

• Groffy77 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2010, 20:33

Overall graphical improvements

I honestly LOVE the app and I find myself listening to Last.fm far more than picking the music I want to listen to. The only thing I don't like is that the graphics throughout the interface are sometimes blurry and could be far more attractive.

For example, the tab buttons at the top of the app are blurry and clearly stretched from their original size. Also, the menu buttons are blurry (the logout button specifically). I could go on with other places where the graphics are stretched since they were made for a lower resolution device.

On the now playing screen, the location bar (which shows the place in the song) has a bug at the last bit when viewing in landscape mode. If you look closely, you can see how the graphic repeats. It's enough to bother me. =/

Finally, the menu buttons are really blurry since they're stretched beyond their original resolution on the now playing screen.

I lied.. one more. =p I feel like the now playing screen could be improved vastly. For example, I would love for the album artwork to fit side-to-side on the now playing screen and have the server put out a high resolution image for the higher res devices. Also, the "on tour" ribbon that is put over the album artwork is ALWAYS out of place and not where it should be.

Thanks! I hope to see some improvements in the future. If you need any help, please message me. I have a background in graphic design and would love to help improve the interface of the application.

• We're gradually updating the artwork in the app, the update we released this morning features a new high res launcher icon contributed by IsaacWaller, and we've ditched our custom tabs and switched to using the standard tabs.

We're always open to UI suggestions, so feel free to grab a copy of the source or send us some mockups and we'll take a look!

• Availability on all android markets and not only in selected countries, please

When will it be available for Switzerland?

• Re: Availability on all android markets and not only in selected countries, please

alex_reusch said:
    When will it be available for Switzerland?
    We cannot stream music to mobile devices outside of the US, UK, and Germany at this time. Our lawyers are working with the record labels to resolve this issue, and we hope to be able to distribute our app in more countries soon.

• Re: Re: Availability on all android markets and not only in selected countries, please

c99koder said: We cannot stream music to mobile devices outside of the US, UK, and Germany at this time. Our lawyers are working with the record labels to resolve this issue, and we hope to be able to distribute our app in more countries soon.
    I hope you have that response bound to a key by now, it's about the 8th time I've seen it :P

• Re: Re: Re: Availability on all android markets and not only in selected countries, please

shawncplus said:
    I hope you have that response bound to a key by now, it's about the 8th time I've seen it :P
    I copy/paste it from the Known Issues thread :)

• Re: Re:alarm

WalrusOct9 said:
    egaistek said:
    I would like an Alarm function, to use Last.fm radio stream as alarm sound.

Agreed....this would be my #1 feature request at the moment.

I'd like this feature as well...or if not that...at least an autoplay option when you open the app so that i can use AppAlarm Pro..

• Bothersome banner on top

There's a banner that's an eyesore on top of the Android app (it is currently stuck on a banner for AT&T -- which makes it suck even more, since I'm on Verizon and rather love my service). I noticed on my iPod Touch that no such banner exists.

As a subscriber, wouldn't it be better if the "ad-free experience" that is part of our subscription transcends to the mobile apps? The iPod app seems to be ad-free, but the Android app isn't.

It'd be nice if this would be fixed soon! Looking forward to more UI enhancements to the Android app as well!

• last.fm app without streaming

I fully understand your streaming limitations, I would love to have all other functions available however, e.g. info pages, loving/banning local songs, scrobbling, etc.
    Would it be somehow possible to code (or rather: take out some code) and globally release a version without the ability to stream? It would be still useful to many people, not everyone wants to stream to their mobile.

There are two things humanity will never achieve: World peace and proper tagging.
  • Re: Bothersome banner on top

markexander said:
    As a subscriber, wouldn't it be better if the "ad-free experience" that is part of our subscription transcends to the mobile apps? The iPod app seems to be ad-free, but the Android app isn't.
    Subscribers shouldn't be seeing the ad, only non-subscribers -- try logging out and logging in again. Let me know if you're still seeing the ad as a subscriber, as this is a bug.

• Re: Re: Bothersome banner on top

c99koder said:
    Subscribers shouldn't be seeing the ad, only non-subscribers -- try logging out and logging in again. Let me know if you're still seeing the ad as a subscriber, as this is a bug.
    checked it the morning after i posted the comment, and yep, ad wasn't there! thanks!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2010, 12:30

Inbox

At the moment I am missing only one feature: Access to my last.fm inbox. I want to be able to read and write messages directly from the app instead of having to switch to the browser and visit the normal last.fm website.

• Scrobbling

I would love to be able to scrobble tracks played in Last.Fm radio to my Last.Fm profile. I want to keep track of everything that streams, so if I enjoy something I can go pick up the CD/buy the MP3/etc.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.