Release Notes (updated 7/9/2012)

• vmlinuz sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2010, 01:56

Whoops - you screwed up!

I thought I was paying for a subscription so I could stream music, but that has been silently removed in one of the recent updates! Where do I go to get my *entire* subscription fee back, and a written apology for fscking over paying customers?

• jploh sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2010, 10:05
    Funny that the changelog doesn't say that the Radio has been disabled in other countries (even for subscribers).

TYVM

• The changelog does mention it, under 1.6.3: "Last.fm scrobbling is now available to worldwide, while radio is still restricted only to users in US, UK, and Germany."

• vmlinuz sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 aug 2010, 02:51
    Except that radio was *not* limited before. Maybe it should have been, but it wasn't, and it is now. So where do I go for my refund and apology?

• vmlinuz said:
    Except that radio was *not* limited before. Maybe it should have been, but it wasn't, and it is now. So where do I go for my refund and apology?

RIAA/IFPI or you might want to call the record companies directly.

• comivan sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 aug 2010, 22:55

Streaming while moving.

App seems useless when im driving now, it seems that when it hits the end of the cached content it just moves to the next song, instead of trying to load the rest, unfortunately in a few spots on my route to work, this results in me getting 5-15 seconds of 5-6 songs in a row when connection gets crappy. :/

• rockland sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 sep 2010, 19:06

Player now works on latest (second) Froyo version for HTC Desire

FYI... Apparently the latest (the second) Android 2.2 Froyo version for HTC Desire released yesterday (at least here in Denmark) has solved the Froyo caching problem causing tracks not being played in full length. The phones software number is now 2.10.405.2. I'm still using version 1.5.6 of the last.fm player, but probably also solved for HTC Desire users when using never versions of the player?...

• Doesn't scrobble the music player on the Samsung Fascinate. Otherwise it's great!

• c99koder said:
    The changelog does mention it, under 1.6.3: "Last.fm scrobbling is now available to worldwide, while radio is still restricted only to users in US, UK, and Germany."

That sucks a lot. I'm getting the HTC Desire HD with Froyo in a few weeks and I was getting excited to use my Last.fm to listen to music while on the go. I don't know if I even want the scrobbler on my device now since I can't play my music with it here in the Netherlands. :( I hope this change will be undone so I can fully enjoy my paid Last.fm!

• EDIT: slow connection, sorry for the doublepost..

• ekre sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 okt 2010, 18:37

1.7.0 crashes also

since 1.6.x the client crashes every play attempts. sadly its useless for me atm.

• sti3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 okt 2010, 19:46

Constant "There was a problem communicating with the last.fm servers. Please try again shortly."

Also what's the different between My Mix and My Library?

Excited about this new release!

• Uhoos sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 okt 2010, 21:30

GPS location bugs me!

Why does last.fm request GPS location? I've deinstalled it as soon as it was introdiced, now came back after a few month to whether there's any progress - there's none! In the German Android markets the comments are full of complaints about this, didn't you realize that?

I have no interest in "nearby events" notifications, and even if I did - network location would be absolutely sufficient for that.

• Mix Radio is a new station that mixes your loved tracks, personal library, and recommendations into a single station, so you can listen to music you love while also discovering new tracks.

@Uhoos: GPS is only used when you explicitly click on the "Events Near Me" menu item, and only when network location is unavailable (tablets, phones without SIMs, etc.)

• sti3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 okt 2010, 04:29
    c99koder said:
    Mix Radio is a new station that mixes your loved tracks, personal library, and recommendations into a single station, so you can listen to music you love while also discovering new tracks.

That's brilliant c99koder. Is this station also available on the web UI?

• sti3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 okt 2010, 04:30
    NVM found it!

• skipping issue

Has ther been any resovt to the issue where the song hits the buffer then skips to the next song then keeps skipping at that point for every song thereafter?

• Re: skipping issue

thatmayh3mguy said:
    Has ther been any resovt to the issue where the song hits the buffer then skips to the next song then keeps skipping at that point for every song thereafter?
    This should be improved when Android 2.2.1 is available on your device. We're also working on making some changes to our servers to allow songs to be resumed if they're interrupted, but I don't have an estimate on when these changes will be complete.

• 12aon sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 okt 2010, 20:10

Embedding video

Thanks for the application, I use it every day. I just discovered the way to share a song on facebook. Very cool feature! I was wondering if an video embedding option would be feasable?

Thanks again, for the great work!

Ps. For those having a problem with scrobbling, try PlayerPro from the market, the two work great together.

• lykosis sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 okt 2010, 17:33

Subscribed users outside UK, USA and Germany

Hello, I'm a subscribed user and I'm not able to listen to my Radio, is that supposed to happen? I thought only free Radio will be blocked in other countries.

Regards,

• "Share" to FaceBook option gone...??

Whenever I "loved" a track, I then "shared" it to my FaceBook profile...

This was a great way to share all my loved tracks to there, for friends to see, especially as [most of the time] I could have the artwork too.

It seems now, instead of sharing, I have to go to the tracks page, & click "like", which now only gives a simple "likes <track> on last.fm

NOT happy with the change!
    Any reason why it was made...??

Oh, & when I "shared" the other way, it would say "...from the album...".
    THIS way doesn't!

Please change it back!!!

• Luuk58 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 nov 2010, 09:02

Subscribed users cant stream!

WHY?! I pay for the subscription so I can stream music. Why is streaming music blocked then?

• Re: "Share" to FaceBook option gone...??

jedimulder24 said:
    Whenever I "loved" a track, I then "shared" it to my FaceBook profile...

This was a great way to share all my loved tracks to there, for friends to see, especially as [most of the time] I could have the artwork too.

It seems now, instead of sharing, I have to go to the tracks page, & click "like", which now only gives a simple "likes <track> on last.fm

NOT happy with the change!
    Any reason why it was made...??

Oh, & when I "shared" the other way, it would say "...from the album...".
    THIS way doesn't!

Please change it back!!!
    We haven't made any changes to this. The "Share" menu in the Android app displays all apps on your phone that support sharing. If "Facebook" isn't in the list, then the Facebook app isn't installed properly on your phone.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 nov 2010, 09:16

LG Optiums One, Adnroid 2.2

Hi. I downloaded the last.fm app from the market, but if I install it, I can't play from the Android default player. If I uninstall it, player come to play... There is some fight between these two app?

• Just wondering when the radio will be available for other countries? Sucks being a paid subscriber in NZ, but not having access to the full service...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.