• Användare
    • 4 aug 2010, 22:39

Update Messed up the app on HTC Desire

Since the new update "1.6.4"
    i can't load the app or anything;
    as it opens, Oppps! "Force Close"
    hmm.. whats going on? (:

• 1.6.4 the worst update ever!

What was my favourite app is now totally useless. Force closes on startup every time. Desire 2.1 v2

• Re: Update Messed up the app on HTC Desire

genix69 said:
    Since the new update "1.6.4"
    i can't load the app or anything;
    as it opens, Oppps! "Force Close"
    hmm.. whats going on? (:
    Sorry about that! just re-uploaded it. Issue is fixed now.

• Sorry dude...

But it's still doing it. Uninstalled then reinstalled. It asked for username and password, then FC. Now FC at startup, as before.

Downloaded 1.6.5

Now working. Thanks :)

• Can you add the ability to like a song that I'm listening to via the default music player. Seems like it would be simple. While playing the song I can drag down the top bar and click last.fm to get info on the artist, why not throw a <3 button on there or appear when I click menu?

• rcrhee sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 aug 2010, 06:49
    @meatwaddancin: You should be able to do that via the last.fm widget.

• Thank you for useless update.

Hi guys. Thank you for update! More and more useless each time... First I can't download app from market, now I can't listen radio in it... Just for your information: black square at my avatar means that I'm paying for last.fm.

• rcadden sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 aug 2010, 15:29
    Can I get a response on this? It still hasn't been fixed in the latest release:

Sometime in the last few updates, the default startup tab was changed from 'Radio' to 'Profile'. This is *really* annoying - can this be changed back, or at least a preference toggle added to let me choose the default startup tab?

• rcadden said:
    Sometime in the last few updates, the default startup tab was changed from 'Radio' to 'Profile'. This is *really* annoying - can this be changed back, or at least a preference toggle added to let me choose the default startup tab?
    We'll look into adding a preference for this in a future update.

• wflu sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2010, 12:24

Re:Re: Re: Removed functionality

Revik said:
    c99koder said:
    HeManHedman said:
    Version 1.6 can't stream (radio mode) in Sweden where 1.5.6 still works. Please add to the release note that you broke it for us.
    I've clarified in the release notes that releasing the scrobbler worldwide means we have to crack down on people accessing the radio functions in countries we are not licensed to stream in.

No, it is not clear at android market page, and it not very useful to retype url to this page you posted in browser (i'm not able to select text from description)

First off, I know you're not making the rules, just following them (and I feel your pain!!).

It sounds to me like some kind of contract legalese making a distinction between streaming music over Wifi or 3G and playing it on a very small laptop, and doing the exact same but playing it on a phone with exactly the same capabilities but a slightly smaller display...

On that note: I might be bending the small print, but would it perhaps be possible to enable streaming only over wifi on Android in non-licensed counties?

That said, I really like Last.FM, so thanks for a great music service.

/wflu

• Re: Re:Re: Re: Removed functionality

wflu said:
    On that note: I might be bending the small print, but would it perhaps be possible to enable streaming only over wifi on Android in non-licensed counties?
    We've asked our legal team about this in the past, and unfortunately the license is based on type of device ("phone") not the 3G vs. Wi-Fi connection.

• LiLFLiP sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 aug 2010, 05:30
    Would it be possible to get events further in time than just a month? There may be an option for it but I don't see it.

• Drains battery.

I love last.fm. However after installing it yesterday, I've uninstalled it today. I've been monitoring running processes and I've noticed that after pausing music on default player on my HTC Tattoo, the music app stayed as 'Visible' throughout the the night. The CPU usage was shown as marginal but I've lost 20% of my battery through the night. And the phone was on standby. The last.fm process, even thought it is inactive, it still uses CPU. After killing last.fm process, the music app immediately changed it status to inactive. So last.fm app keeps the music app constantly running. Fix this last.fm! I don't want to use task killers for last.fm to work properly. Until it is fixed, I'll look for a different scrobbling app.

If what you keep holds truth inside, stand up, defend, or lay down and die.
  • Re: Drains battery.

stabbowsky said:
    I love last.fm. However after installing it yesterday, I've uninstalled it today. I've been monitoring running processes and I've noticed that after pausing music on default player on my HTC Tattoo, the music app stayed as 'Visible' throughout the the night. The CPU usage was shown as marginal but I've lost 20% of my battery through the night. And the phone was on standby. The last.fm process, even thought it is inactive, it still uses CPU. After killing last.fm process, the music app immediately changed it status to inactive. So last.fm app keeps the music app constantly running. Fix this last.fm! I don't want to use task killers for last.fm to work properly. Until it is fixed, I'll look for a different scrobbling app.
    Try removing the widget from your desktop, as it will periodically poll the media player to see if a new song has started playing. We'll work on optimizing this.

• I don't have the music widget on my desktop. Also I don't have the last.fm widget. I've had it after installing it (I mean the last.fm widget) for the first time, but then I tried to remove it and reboot the phone. Still in systempanel app I could see that the music app process (no widget on desktop, playback stopped) was constantly in "visible" state.

If what you keep holds truth inside, stand up, defend, or lay down and die.
    • rcadden sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 aug 2010, 14:08
    c99koder said:
    rcadden said:
    We'll look into adding a preference for this in a future update.

Thanks, otherwise keep up the great work. :)

• Privacy concerns

While I love Last.fm, it bugs me that it requests access to:

- My (fine GPS) Location !?!?!!?
    - Personal information: read/write contact data !?
    - My accounts: account authenticator, manage the accounts lists ?

Why does it need access to these items of my android phone ?

thanks!
    - jan

• Hi Jan,

Your location is used to find concerts near your current location, and contacts/account access is used to optionally sync your Last.fm friends with your phone's contact list on Android 2.x phones.

• Just installed Wont even play

I just installed it, signed in, once i pick a station, a song pops up, nothing plays and it skips to the next song. No music no anything, just artist and title. i am running a samsung moment with the 2.1 update. i usually use my last.fm on my xbox but that shouldnt matter right? any ideas?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2010, 02:31

like the back button while playing built in player

Really I do but it got me thinking. It would be cool if you gave last.fm the ability to have full control of the stock player and eliminate the need to even use the stock player at all. If you did a 4x2 widget would be in order.

• updates not on site

i use my galaxy s to scroble music and i have noticed that at yahoo maseger it apears that yesterday i have listent to a song. but if i check the las.fm web on my profile there isn't eny song there...

• What have you done Sam!!!!

I had no problem with Last fm app 1.5.5 on my Galaxy S but after I update it to 1.6.6 ,it turns in to anything but a raidio station!!! I cant play nothing. Now playing button is always off. I cant even find the previous version on android market

fix the problem sam, please

• Re: What have you done Sam!!!!

Shahab_mokhtare said:
    I had no problem with Last fm app 1.5.5 on my Galaxy S but after I update it to 1.6.6 ,it turns in to anything but a raidio station!!! I cant play nothing. Now playing button is always off. I cant even find the previous version on android market

fix the problem sam, please
    Please use the bug reporter located in the app's settings so I can view the diagnostic info from your phone.

• Qk4l sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 aug 2010, 05:40

broken funchtion

Version 1.6 can't stream (radio mode) in Russian, Sweden where 1.5.6 still works. Please add to the release note that you broke it for us.
    Or plz repair it!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.