Release Notes (updated 7/9/2012)

• Re: mixzing

theanghellicone said:
    can we get last.fm to scrobble support this music player?
    Other players are welcome to interact directly with our scrobbler, feel free to send a link to our documentation at http://wiki.github.com/c99koder/lastfm-android/scrobbler-interface to your favorite player's developers.

• massenz sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2010, 19:11

WHAT have you done????

Just installed the update - my lovely app that was working just fine got borked!!!!

now tracks ffwd madly, stop playing after a few seconds and the app even crashes.

Totally unusable and a classic case of "don't fix it if it ain't broke"

Please bring it back, please? pretty please?

MM
  • Audio Level Normalization?

I *LOVE* the lastfm app, but....

Is there any way to get some audio level normalization? I can't tell you know many times I have thought that my eardrums were about to burst because song 1 was at about a level 4 (so I turn up the volume), and song 2 is at level 4,283.

The lastfm radio tracks go: quiet - LOUD - normal - quiet - REALLY LOUD - etc....

I'll also submit via feature request, but I can't imagine that anyone that uses the app (at least on the nexus one) has not experienced this unpleasant phenomenon.

• dijitali sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 maj 2010, 08:01

Spotify App Scrobbling

I'm not sure if this is a direction you're interested in going with this app, but currently the Spotify app for android doesn't offer Last.fm scrobbling. Would it be possible for this app to scrobble music played in the Spotify app?

• Froyo

Thanks for the update for 2.2! I was freaking out when it was acting up today before the latest update.

• uvmann sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2010, 11:57

Spotify + Events

Thanks for the updates so far. It's getting better and better. I think you also corrected a bug I experienced when playing music offline with the htc desire player or 3rd party programms making the app crash.

Two more wishes:

1. Scrobbling of songs played via Spotify app.

2. In Events just the first one is correct all others show the wrong date in the "recommended events" overview but are correct after clicking on it to get details.

• Btw for everyone asking for Spotify scrobbling: Spotify has released an update today with their own scrobbler.

• uvmann sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2010, 17:48

Ooops

Read the news only about 1 hour after posting this. :)

• Pleber sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 maj 2010, 09:42

Froyo update

Hi,

The scrobbling still dosent work on Froyo on the Nexus One for the default music app :(

Please fix!

• Re: Froyo update

Pleber said:
    Hi,

The scrobbling still dosent work on Froyo on the Nexus One for the default music app :(

Please fix!
    Are you using the unmodified update.zip from Google, or have you installed a modified version (rooted, or allows for installing w/ non-standard recovery, etc.)? It seems the Music apk has the wrong filename on your phone. Scrobbling works fine on mine using the original update.zip from Google, so if you’re using a modified zip file it seems they haven’t packaged it properly. Try renaming com.google.android.music.apk to com.android.music.apk and let me know if that fixes the issue for you.

• Shuffle

Hey, Maybe in the next update you could make the shuffle better for the Droid app. I keep hearing the same like 50 or so songs when I have like a few hundred songs in my library.

• Re: Shuffle

Kylebenton said:
    Hey, Maybe in the next update you could make the shuffle better for the Droid app. I keep hearing the same like 50 or so songs when I have like a few hundred songs in my library.
    Several record labels don't currently allow us to stream their artists' music to mobile devices, so not all of your library is playable on your Droid at this time. We're working with the labels to resolve this issue, and hope to have our entire library available for mobile streaming in the near future.

• Playback failed on 1.5.6

Hi everybody.

I´m from Brazil, I have a problem witch te 1.5.6 version on my android 1.5.6
    The application starts and load the imgaes of the albuns and after show a error
    The error is Playback Failed.

Anybody can help me ?

Thanks

• Ignore.

Sorry, wrong thread, can't delete post.

• Excellent Work

Hi, Just to say your doing a great job, this is one of my favourite apps on my android HTC Desire. Keep up the excellent work.

Nick

• love the app

edit: cached scrobbles submitted. thanks!

Redigerad av schizoform den 4 aug 2010, 21:13
    • rcadden sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2010, 17:49
    Two things:

1. Sometime in the last few updates, the default startup tab was changed from 'Radio' to 'Profile'. This is *really* annoying - can this be changed back, or at least a preference toggle added to let me choose the default startup tab?

2. When scrobbling tracks played in other apps (such as the default music player) it would be cool if i could love/ban them though the Last.FM app - is this possible?

• Removed functionality

Version 1.6 can't stream (radio mode) in Sweden where 1.5.6 still works. Please add to the release note that you broke it for us.

• Rumel57 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2010, 20:41

Timestamps

When you update the changelog can you also attach the date to each update, that way we can keep an eye on how fast updates are coming?

Also I've been very happy with app of late, its added a lot of new features and I just love using the app.

• Re: Removed functionality

HeManHedman said:
    Version 1.6 can't stream (radio mode) in Sweden where 1.5.6 still works. Please add to the release note that you broke it for us.
    I've clarified in the release notes that releasing the scrobbler worldwide means we have to crack down on people accessing the radio functions in countries we are not licensed to stream in.

• gpetrica sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2010, 07:59

Payed accounts

Hi,

This is not fair, I'm a paying subscriber to last.fm and I should be able to play radio on my phone :(

Petrica

• Revik sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2010, 11:07
    I was used last.fm app version 1.5.6, i liked it and it was the reason i become a payed member. Just updated to latest version - now i don't have radio, will not prolong subscription next month. (I was thinking about paying for year, happy that did not)

• Revik sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2010, 11:10

Re: Re: Removed functionality

c99koder said:
    HeManHedman said:
    I've clarified in the release notes that releasing the scrobbler worldwide means we have to crack down on people accessing the radio functions in countries we are not licensed to stream in.

No, it is not clear at android market page, and it not very useful to retype url to this page you posted in browser (i'm not able to select text from description)

• Radio gone? Going to cancel my subscription - nice work!

So the radio is only for US/UK/Germany? I am a subscribed member in Ireland and I bought the subscription for the radio functionality. Why on earth does the last.fm site radio player work but it has been withdrawn for the android app? Hypocrisy.

Although I can imagine it isn't your decision to do this c99koder, this is really frustrating. I remember when last.fm withdrew radio worldwide, except for the UK/US/Germany UNLESS you subscribed. That was really frustrating, but I decided to pay as it a reasonable fee for excellent content.

Unless the functionality comes back for paid subscribers in the android app, then I will cancel my subscription and urge others to do it.

No notification of this happening - treated like shite by last.fm again.

• Music application on HTC Droid

It seems like everytime I install Lastfm, the music app on my phone comes on randomly. When i uninstall last, this doesnt happen. This is more of an annoyance becasue out of the blue what ever song that i may have on my SD card just starts playing all of a sudden. Anyone else notice this? I was thinking it may have to do with the scrobbling feature, but I could be wrong.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.