Introduce Yourselves

• Attic sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 mar 2009, 20:18
    ok, now i guess it's time for me to do my kotsa: please stop posting here, it's a "introduce yourself" thread

Last.fm Detox Center : the only place where doctors are sicker than patients!
  • haha he would be so proud!! =)

Dance baby, dance like the world is ending.
    Dance baby, dance cause the world is ending.
    AWOLNATION
    A Virtual Necessity
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 mar 2009, 01:39
    im quite disappointed that some of the new members havent introduced themselves

• Användare
    • 3 mar 2009, 22:19
    As one of whom you possibly speak, I humbly apologise. Let me redress my oversight.

I am of indeterminate age due to the unrecorded and somewhat tenebrific circumstances of my birth. The most credible version proffered to date is that I entered this world in the recesses of a tin mine, on a foul February night, whilst my mother was hiding in terror from my father. He, being of fearsome warrior stock, had demanded of her a boy-child, and she, being of retiring and slightly stupid ancestry, had been worried for the plight of herself and her child should the offspring prove female.

The child produced that night was indeed male, but with eyes of the brightest blue and a whimper so effeminate, that I was given to the care of a local cheese-maker, a man of questionable intelligence, and his childless wife, a kindly but grotesque woman with but a single LP of Eastern European folk music from the 1950s. Of my real parents, I neither saw nor heard from again.

My adoptive parents did what they could for me, and I never wanted for waxy dairy produce or traditional Slavonic dancing. I was sporadically educated by various travelling anarchists and insurance salesmen, all of whom seemed to take an unexplainable interest in the cheesemaker’s wife, and in thrashing their young charge as soundly and as often as they could. By the time I was thrust out into the world to fend for myself, I was, therefore, well versed in double indemnity procedure and the works of such free thinkers as Rousseau, Proudhon and Kropotkin. I also had a deep mistrust and disrespect for all humanity.

I am now a Police Commissioner.

• Attic sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 mar 2009, 22:23
    see? you posted so many useless posts that people don't know how they're supposed to introduce themselves with the usual questions!
    please, stop posting here for no reason

• Användare
    • 3 mar 2009, 22:41
    Ooops! Have I been told off? That's kind of a thrill at my age!!!
    However, I don't like upsetting people too much so:

I am British, in my early 40s, have at least three kids, and have an exciting job, that entails a lot of playing around on very fast boats and diving in some of the most disgusting waters you can possibly imagine, and yes, I shower a lot.

1/ How did you got hooked on Last FM ?
    Told about it by a friend, visited and just got hooked.
    2/ How much time a day do you spend on Last FM ?
    At least one hour per evening when I'm home.
    3/ Could you live one day without Last FM ?
    I have to, as I work away so much, and my kids demand that I leave the laptops at home.
    4/ Has your addiction a good/bad reflect on your life right now ?
    Good!!! I can listen to much more music than I can afford to buy, and am constantly hearing new stuff.
    5/ Have you ever forget an appointment (friends/dentist or whatever) or some family duties only because you spent too much time on Last FM ?
    Not really, I am well organised and anyway, my family cherish the peace when I have my headphones on!

Can I go and sit down now, Miss?

• Attic sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 mar 2009, 12:27
    of course you can! :p and you were not supposed to know! it's fine! : )

• @ the moog.that is undoubtedly the best intro i've ever read. nice one!

I fear my formulaic introduction will merely wither in your shade now. but here goes

believe it or not, i discovered last.fm through Martin Lewis, he of 'moneysavingexpert.com'. he mentioned the hallowed FM as a place for free downloads. i, of course, hurried on over and soon realised that it had more to offer than a few free tunes. within days i was hooked

this varies from 1hr to 5 or 6hrs depending on the number of work comitments i can neglect

yes, i just got back from a week in spain, but it was tough. halfway through i had to introduce my spainish cousin to last.fm just to get my fix

a very good one financially.i no longer spend hours in record shops, ending up buying total tosh just for the sake of it. instead i can browse hundreds, nay thousands, of artists and just purchase the cream.

5/ Have you ever forget an appointment (friends/dentist or whatever) or some family duties only because you spent too much time on Last FM ?
    Not yet, but i'm sure its an accident waiting to happen

'We're gonna be clocking up quite a few hours in the Rascal, but i've fitted a blaupunkt system so you got any sounds, please bring 'em along. 'No dance bollocks, if i wanna hear electronic bleeps and farts i'll put my foot through the windscreen of the rascal and listen to the alarm going off!' Tommy Saxondale
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2009, 20:32

Re:Introduce Yourselves

kotsa200 said:
    The Title says it all. Just introduce yourselves and answers those questions:

Cure is on the way my friends!

1) It's become a major procrastination tool. I should be writing papers for college classes!! GET ME OUT OF HERE.
    2) Depends, but lately, at least a couple hours. SICKENING.
    3) Yes, but I'd probably wonder about it at times. EW.
    4) Bad, bad. Life is in the shitter. :-(
    5) Hmmmm. Don't think I'm THAT bad yet.

• Tsaipe sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2009, 14:35
    It all started with those damn Battle of the Bands games, but shortly after i realized many other wonderful threads and groups and i could not stop.
    Seriously, its open all day and all night. But i scavenger around the site approximately 3 hours/day. Sometimes up to 10h, sometimes only 1h.
    I think the honest answer for all of us is no.
    I probably should be doing something else. If only i had a life outside of my computer.
    I rarely have appointments, so when i do those are priority number one. Sometimes ive been late for work or school but thats as serious as it gets. For now. But i need help.

• Welcome!

Dance baby, dance like the world is ending.
    Dance baby, dance cause the world is ending.
    AWOLNATION
    A Virtual Necessity
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2009, 05:24
    welcome tsaipe! hope you'll have fun with us.

• Aandri sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 aug 2009, 02:43

A friend told me about it.If only she knew..

On holidays,all day long...during school,when i am at home...but i do take some breaks from lastfm so i can miss it and get addicted to it again

Like i said i do take SOME breaks (twice a year) so i can detox from it but i do check my emails in the meantime...

my friends n family outside of this computer think i am anti-social so i guess it has a bad reflect but that's not the case...if u are having fun then its good!

yes,i was late for school a couple of times either because i stayed up talking n listening to music on lastfm or i was doing that in the morning before school...

its not just lastfm its also the people who are using it cause they are all pretty awesome!

• Användare
    • 10 aug 2009, 23:42
    welcome aandri as well!

• Användare
    • 28 dec 2009, 17:59

Re:Introduce Yourselves

kotsa200 said:
    The Title says it all. Just introduce yourselves and answers those questions:

as you say, captain!

I am a hooker so that was pretty natural.

quite much, i think...

Apparently. For a living, I just need to breathe, eat, drink and do heroin (y)

Which addiction?

no, i spend time here only when i'm bored or sth, idk

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 20 feb 2010, 18:03
    • Squishi_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 dec 2009, 19:11
    my friend forced me to make an account :c
    almost every hour i'm awake
    hardly
    yes.
    yes. late for school, completely skipped school because i didn't want to get up, ditched my friends, missed buses etc. :D

happy now? :(

• Användare
    • 28 dec 2009, 19:13
    Squishi_ said:
    happy now? :(

very :D

and welcome!

• Squishi_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 dec 2009, 19:15
    thanks brah

• ruscca sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 feb 2010, 22:34

I knew about it since 2005, I think, but at that moment, did not have a broadband connection at home. As soon as I got stable connection I started to use and got addicted to this service.

At least 30 min every day, in average. Mostly 1-2 hours. It depends. Even if I'm extra busy I just check to see what's up. There are days when I'm here or around most of the time.

Barely. Seriously! It's like a morning coffee and a cigarette to me.

Right now? Well...I met some great people here...and some people I wish I had never met. Loads and loads of great music, also.

I have never forgotten, but I'd skip and deliberately avoid, because spending time with last.fm was more fun.

• Användare
    • 20 feb 2010, 10:09
    Welcome!

• Användare
    • 1 apr 2010, 13:22
    I think I'll re-introduce myself.

I'm a rather reclusive person with a hint of extrovercy. I think I talk too much on occasions and sometimes I'm rather quiet. Quite a diabolism, don't you think?

I use last maybe too much and I think that maybe I should find some more interesting groups to not to flood all these interesting groups.

I'm really much into music and culture in general. Pretty much all kinds of music go.

I work in an office; I'm not a so-called clerical worker though maybe because of my age. However, I'm aiming to be one at some point.

I live in a cheap and a messy flat at the moment.

I'm addicted to alcohol and sleeping pills. I do some other stuff occasionally. I have nothing against any drugs as long as your the one in control.

as the bottom line, if you use drugs, don't let 'em take control over you

• Användare
    • 27 aug 2010, 16:50
    A wise fellow called veren once ...
    said:
    im quite disappointed that some of the new members havent introduced themselves

• 1 I liked showing others my musik and getting new artists as well Then I discovered the dark welt of LastFM Forums and thats where all the trouble began

2 I stayed on for about 9 hours this Monday But I do at times check up on it through a phone or my iPod anytime I get even relatively ininspired

3 I Believe someday I will but you know first Ill have to get a life and thats a huge rarity round here not enough donors who wanna give you their lives and well Often you have to resort to taking it from them yourself ID

4 By sitting in front of the computer I have not exercised eaten poorly and worsened my immunity to certain seasonal diseases I got a cold this week and still spent the whole day posting replies to threads where no one cares what you say ugh My eyes burn

5 I did I had to be at Schule and was about 30 minutes late And have gone to bed at about 4am sometimes which consequently affects my appointments with ma unicorns and Hot Swedisch dudes with blond hair when I dream lol

...but at least I author my own disaster.
  • The Stuff welcomes you.

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
    • Opononi sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 okt 2010, 10:25
    Pupertron introduced me to the site. At first I thought it was a shaggy dog story but I soon became hooked on the beautiful simplicity of Last FM and that's pretty much the whole tale.

How much time a day do you spend on Last FM ?
    Sometimes none, sometimes all of the day - depends on my mood...but when we are apart, Last FM, I am still thinking of you and our next opportunity to scrobble together.

Could you live one day without Last FM ?
    No need, I have the Last FM app on my phone! And even when we are apart I am scrobbling you.

Has your addiction a good/bad reflection on your life right now ?
    I bought a laptop just so I could be on Last FM while sitting on the sofa in my living room/lounge. OK, I could have just moved my big computer in there but it wouldnt have looked the same. So, I guess it's had a bad impact on my finances but a good impact on my relationship with my family. It has also broadened my musical boundaries and inspired me to think about looking into potentially maybe investigating the purchase of a piano/synthesizer someday so I can be a bedroom musician, possibly. So, all-in-all a good impact.

5/ Have you ever forgot an appointment (friends/dentist or whatever) or some family duties only because you spent too much time on Last FM ?

I didnt go for a job interview once and stayed at home with some last FM playing instead.

www.gepr.net - "A terrifying scramble through the overgrown forest of progressive rock insignificance"
    -- Sarah Dempster (The Guardian)
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.