Kings of Convenience is good

• zachhale sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 feb 2005, 23:28

Kings of Convenience is good

Post if you like Kings of Convenience.

• I love love love Kings of Convenience. I just saw them on the 23rd in Minneapolis. Eirik had a cold and had to it keep it short, but the performance was still sounded wonderful! I really liked the Norwegian sing-a-long. Loads of fun!

• I'm listening to them now. Listening to their album "Riot on an Empty Street" for the first time really, and it reminds me so much of Simon & Garfunkel... which is a good thing.

• Joq sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jul 2005, 15:35
    Bueno excellente.

• i love it when scandinavian artists write their words in english, it fascinates me. its not that i dont want to hear a foreign language in my music (i've just got into camille, a french singer, and i havn't got a clue what shes singing about) but obviously im likely to get more from a song which is sung in my language!
    theres something about the structure of nordic languages which affects how they understand english (im guessing), and so when they sing in english, the lyrics (which are often quite simple, but never dull) always seems to create really strange, interesting imagery. they'll use words for a situation in a way that would certainly draw attention to native english speakers, and make them question it, but it wouldn't be wrong, and its that eccentricity that makes it so good. the way they use the english language is quite beautiful to me.

• Joq sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jul 2005, 19:27
    Well said, skillsterbill!

• of course I do

Come back to the NW KoC!

remote sensing in the outer beat
    [apparently the land can speak]
    i put my ear to the ground...
    i only hear insects.
  • what?

there are very many things,
    i would like to say about the kings.
    but i've lost my way and i've lost my words

i hope that you felt the weight of my words (;

• Sharry sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2005, 00:52
    Koc are great, and they work very well with the norwegian singer-songwriter Feist. She's got a lot of nice stuff herself. Like The Water that you can download on www.kingsofconvenience.org

In the beginning there was nothing. Then the creator said "Let there be light!" and there was still nothing, but now you could see it.
  • Re:

Quoth Sharry:
    Koc are great, and they work very well with the norwegian singer-songwriter Feist. She's got a lot of nice stuff herself. Like The Water that you can download on www.kingsofconvenience.org

Feist is actually Canadian.

• i love them too

my absolute favorite band, with songs perfect for any mood... i only wish i could see them live sometime...

• lirik sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 okt 2005, 00:31
    Wow! How lucky I was to come across their album! And I just fell in love with their music!

• Sharry sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2005, 15:53

Re: Re:

Quoth adorienne:
    Feist is actually Canadian.

Wow. I had no idea. She seems Norwegian. oh Well.

In the beginning there was nothing. Then the creator said "Let there be light!" and there was still nothing, but now you could see it.
    • Andoline sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 dec 2005, 13:34
    I fell in love. :)

• Feist, New York etcetera

Yeh I *think Feist* is Jewish Canadian, from Montreal (Shatner- Leonard Cohen country).

One of the best gigs of my life was KofC in New York City,a few years back now. Audience, all sitting down on the floor as the Kings lullabied us with sweet voices. It was their first gig in America for about 2 years, so it was speical anyway.

Some of the birds at that gig, phew. Hot, hip and ...very clean.

'I am a man of passions ... To mention just one by way of example, I have a more or less irresistible passion for books and the constant desire to improve myself, to study, if you like, just as I have a need to eat bread. You will understand that.' Vincent van Gogh to Theo, circa 22-24 June 1880.
  • yeh, a couple of years back they toured the u.s. and only had about 5 stops, one of which was portland, or -- got to see them there - only about a 100 people showed up but it was great -- the crowd swaying to "free fallin'" by tom petty - very nice.

slow-killing anti-rock
  • yeah +)

• ZDavies sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2005, 21:55
    My brother told me about KoC this evening, so I bought and downloaded both of their albums, plus Erlend's solo album, Unrest. ahhhh. It's like a warm bubbly bath of music, cascading over my ears.

Now dont anyone go farting in my bathtub.

• lirik sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2005, 22:16

Re:

Quoth ZDavies:
    My brother told me about KoC this evening, so I bought and downloaded both of their albums, plus Erlend's solo album, Unrest.

Where did you get to download it?

• ZDavies sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2005, 14:24

Re: Re:

Quoth lirik:
    Where did you get to download it?

http://www.allofmp3.com - as far as I've been able to find out it's legitimate. My ethics might have been slightly influenced by the opportunity to have KoC's album on my computer so rapidly though ;-)

• :D
    i like.

• sireris sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2006, 21:37
    hello
    i love the KoC. they´re sweet.

• Unrated sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2006, 15:34
    KoC = ownage gogogogogo!

• Ankihihi sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 feb 2006, 17:26
    jeg elsker kings of convenience.

Yes
  • how perfect they are..also feist is great in "Know How"
    sheer simplicity

There is a light that never goes out
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.