The many faces of King Crimson.

• The many faces of King Crimson.

I have only recently got into King Crimson after listening to "The 21st Century Guide" CD for ages and deciding I should listen to more of their work.

But with their numerous line-up changes, with new folk coming and going there led to a number of different King Crimson Eras, each with their own distinctive sound.

For an idea of what I'm talking about, ViolentGreen wrote an amazing guide
    which everyone should have a read at.

So, my question to you all, is which phase would you consider a favourite?..if you can choose that is.

Me personally, it would be "Mk.VI" as that is what i have listened to most. I have been really impressed with "The Power to Believe" album. But i really enjoyed some of the really early stuff like "In The Court of the Crimson King".

So, what about you?

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out". ~Bill Hicks
    • _Tarkus_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 maj 2008, 16:48
    Based on the guide (also posted here), I'd probably go with Mk III. Larks and Red are both so great.

I also have strong leanings toward Mk I and Mk IV. Greg Lake has such a great voice, and I really think Adrian Belew brought a lot to the group, and that was an amazing foursome.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2008, 21:40
    Are we due a Mark VII now? Since the new lineup, Levin is back and Harrison is in?

• According to Elephant-Talk, apparently so!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.