Favorite songs and why

• Favorite songs and why

I know there is already a favorite tracks topic, but I was wondering which tracks are everyones favorite and also why. My favorite songs by JF are probably Murderers, The Will to Death, The Past Recedes, The Sides (Ataxia), and Invisible Movement, in no particular order.

Murderers is such a great piece of music. No words are needed, the riff he plays is so full of emotion. I find myself playing the guitar portion of The Sides in my head throughout the day. The Will to Death is almost mesmerizing, probably his most delicate song. I love the lines when his voice get high. I love how JF sings The Past Recedes, I'm definitly hooked on his voice in this song. I abslutely love the chorus of Invisible Movement.

Yeah, so there it is.

• Attic sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 apr 2006, 14:18
    My favorites are The past recedes, Fallout, The days have turned & Carvel.
    I could listen to these songs all days long!!!

Last.fm Detox Center : the only place where doctors are sicker than patients!
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 apr 2006, 21:51
    Murderers is good song, as is Regret. I also really like Ants.
    They all make me think, which can't be a bad thing!

• ifr sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 apr 2006, 22:22
    The Past Recedes is my favourite.
    Today. :)

• Användare
    • 10 maj 2006, 07:37
    Song to SIng when Im Lonely-always will remind me of my one true love and reminds me everyday and everytime i listen to it how lucky i am to have her in my life

Regret-so encapsulating of the human condition, so hauntingly beautiful

THe days have turned-the drumming takes me to a whole new level, the rawness of the message and the unabshed honesty in his words

Look On- Perhaps my favorite song of all time. I just cannot epxlaing it. WHen it kicks into "a paper and a pencil" i basically always feel it in my eyes and throat. touched my heart

• The Past Recedes - A simple but very good song.
    A Doubt - So sad, it made me cry.
    Leap Your Bar - I love the piano so much.
    Anne - I love the guitar following his voice and when he starts singing "Nothing is final because" and starts the riff with a lil delay.
    Penetrate Time / Lou Bergs - I love the way he sings again.

• Användare
    • 5 jun 2006, 09:01
    mascara
    curtains
    untitled #3

...honestly, these songs work better than any drug out there in the big world.

• mohm89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jun 2006, 15:42
    My fav frusciante songs.... the will to death, the past recedes, and im surprised noone else said this so far, omission!!

I heart funk.
    • mohm89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 jun 2006, 15:46
    Oh yeah, why...... theyre all fun songs to play. And theyre really...... u dont understand what on earth the guys talkin bout (or singin about) unless u listen for ages and pay close attention.

I heart funk.
  • running away with you is completely perfect

• Användare
    • 7 jun 2006, 20:49
    i really agree with those, who wrote about ataxia, whichever song they meant. personally, i love "dust" for its specyfic spirit and lyrics, especially the phrase "we're fueled inside, it's a must that we hide" :)it means a lot to me.
    i also love "fallout demo" for this guitar... it's awsome.

• Pretty much the whole of TROWFTD, Been Insane, As Can Be and Song To Sing When I'm Lonely.

• hard to pick one or 2 tracks cos they're all great but I especially like the days have turned away from the will to death, its well written, well recorded and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And I really dig penetrate time (lou bergs) and so would've i - just have a great feel to them.

And I also want to add my smile is a rifel....great!!!

ok i'll stop there...

• Användare
    • 30 jun 2006, 20:20
    I like:
    Song To Sing When I'm Lonley, cuz....hmmm... I don't really know.
    Look On, cuz..hm..don't know.
    Been Insane, especially when he sings agree. <3

And I like Your Song (Elton John Cover)when he sings it live!!

• nc666 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 jul 2006, 17:47
    my smile is a rifle
    untitled #11
    enter a uh
    i may again know john
    height down
    falling
    dying i don't mind
    beat down
    going inside
    ramparts
    moments have you
    look on

i won't write why these songs are my bests 'cause my english sux :( and it is a lot to write about...

early, heroin fru's compositions are the best. most "new" are also good. my favorite album is smile from the streets you hold.

• My Favourites

I love them all especially Song To Sing When I'm Lonely and Battle Of Time. They both kick ass.
    I can play Song To Sing When I'm Lonely, and I prefer the acoustic version over the studio version... but they're both great!

• eeels sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jul 2006, 22:37
    Erm, i cant really name one, but i really love....

Murderers..just different to the styles of music i usually listen to, its so refreshing and beautiful.
    The Will To Death

So Would Have I

Song to Sing When Im Lonely

• 1980 sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jul 2006, 15:39
    no one mentioned "a loop" so far?!?
    besides "anne" it's my favourite....
    both very intense and scary

That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Too many songs to list... but i'll try and cut it down to a few.

Going Inside - Great song with amazing lyrics - "If anything unfolds, It's supposed to" has become a sort of mantra for me.
    The First Season - Beautiful song, very deep and spiritual, makes me feel like I'm floating.
    Lou Bergs/Penetrate Time - Just a great song.
    Ricky - Absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful as with many of the songs on SCWP. The lyrics and the music are perfect.
    Wednesday's Song - I just love it. Swirling, beautiful, the lyrics are great. I feel like I can relate to a lot of what he says on SCWP in one way or another.
    In Relief - The first JF song I ever heard, in acoustic demo form. When I heard the album version it was so beautiful I almost cried.
    Chances, 23 Go In To End, The Slaughter - This trilogy of songs is so beautiful. The sort of stuff I want played at my funeral when I die.
    Helical & The Will To Death - A beautiful, atmospheric pair of songs, that, similarly to above, is funeral material.
    A Loop - He sounds so inspiring and full of hope when he sings "I can't wait for life".
    The Past Recedes - Just a great song, like everything else on curtains.
    Your Warning - The end of it is heartbreakingly sad.

There's probably a lot more but that's just what comes to mind.

• -edited because my internet was acting up so i accidentally posted the same thing 4 times -

Redigerad av nedchambers den 1 aug 2006, 20:43
  • -edited-

Redigerad av nedchambers den 1 aug 2006, 20:42
  • -edited-

• Height Down with River Phoenix. I just love that song so much! It's a pity he doesn't play it anymore :(

-Marcela
    • insilent sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2006, 21:27
    "Cut-Out"... This song of the first has impressed me from his solo creativity.

• mwnt sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 aug 2006, 20:06
    i was listening to the internet album that he gave away, and I Will Always Be Beat Down is my new favourite. i love This Cold and The Past Recedes, but Beat Down is good. it's all good.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.