Favorite Tull album?

• Favorite Tull album?

What's your favorite tull song/album?

i think heavy horses is their best album, or maybe songs from the wood,

but my favorite song is a new day yesterday, no doubt

awesome harmonica, and an undiscernable beat, but it has some sort of rhythm to it and the bass is excellent

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jan 2006, 06:00
    "Songs/Wood" and "Heavy Horses" are the two Tull CDs that I pull off the shelf the most often (along with "Live- Bursting Out"). And "Thick as a Brick" will always have a special place in my heart (it was one of the first Tull albums that really sucked me in when I became a fan in 1987). The favorite song? Hard to say... I might have to pick a favorite from each "period" or something...

• Användare
    • 21 jan 2006, 03:37
    Definately Benefit and the track 'With You There to Help Me'. Bought the LP couple days ago aswell :P

• lebek7 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jan 2006, 17:27
    Minstrel In The Gallery - great album :)
    favorite song: Dun Ringill - simple but beautiful :)

• Användare
    • 4 feb 2006, 12:57
    Very hard to say. Before I got Thick As A Brick my fave was Heavy Horses. But now I can't say which one of them is better. They're both amazing. I also like A Passion Play.
    Best song? - Maybe Dharma For One :)

• ALDP sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 feb 2006, 21:21
    I'm tempted to agree with Duckpatch, With You There to Help Me is definitely in my top 10 and probably in my top 5.

Still, I think "Aqualung," is my favorite album and possibly my favorite song. It's brilliant, even if it's sad so many people never get beyond it.

• Jaasuu sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 feb 2006, 10:42
    Hard to say... But I think I'll go for the Aqualung. It's very good.

• barsik sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 feb 2006, 19:47
    Favourite album - Roots to Branches, favourite song - Locomotive Breath :)

Hate it when the truth unravels, hate it when we don't get a spin, hate it when the enemy travels, 'cause it's awfully un-american way. (c) OSI
  • Fav Album - Minstrel In The Gallery

• ALDP sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 feb 2006, 04:51
    I'm interested in why Roots to Branches is your favorite.

• Album - either Aqualung or Minstrel in the Gallery.
    Song - Baker St. Muse - just a tremendous song in every way.

• Favorite Tull Album

Greetings Well Met Fellows...HAIL!!!!

My favorite Tull album seems to change from time to time based on how I am feeling or what is going on in my life at any given moment. Currently I am on a Dot Com kick. Many of the songs there are complex and layered with meaning. Spiral nails the feeling of not quite being awake or asleep and how dreams can seem to have so many non related items ramdomly put together.It seems to be the male perspective opposed to the female version that Ian wrote about in Pussy Willow. Bends Like A Willow has become the woman I am after. Is she out there? And if I find her would I also in time Bend like a willow? Hunt by Numbers shows that Martin can lick with the heaviest of guitar players while Ian goes back to one of his most common themes, that being cats. Have any of you been involved in, or witnessed an office rendesvous? Ever notice that two people in the office seem conviently AWOL on the same day? It goes on. For now suffice it to say that Dot Com is worth a good listening.

Till Further on.

pb

• Songs from the Wood and Heavy Horses are by far my most familiar albums. I spent two summers on vacation with nothing but a couple books, a hammock, and a tape with one album on one side and the other on the other side. Life was a breeze back then. So now, listening to either album makes me feel so relaxed and happy. For that alone, those are my two favorites. If I had to pick a single song, I'd say Strange Avenues. What beautiful lyrics!

Kalinka kalinka kalinka moya...
    • flexmens sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2006, 23:15
    Heavy Horses was my first experience when I was young, so that album will stay special for me. Later on I learned more about Jethro Tull, and I basically have all the albums now. Depending on my mood or situation, I will have different favorites. When working, I like "Songs from the wood", or more rock albums like "Rock Island" or "J-Tull Dot.com" and "Crest of a knave". I also like the old "This was" and "Living with the past", not to forget "Stormwatch". Actually we better can talk about which album you do not like so much, because there are too many good ones.
    Flexmens

• Re:

Quoth flexmens:
    Actually we better can talk about which album you do not like so much, because there are too many good ones.

I'll have to agree there! Stormwatch is a fabulous album. North Sea Oil and Orion and definitely among my favorite songs.

Kalinka kalinka kalinka moya...
  • i've changed my mind

my favorite album now is Living in the Past. second to Benefit

i'm having trouble getting my hands on stormwatch

• You can buy Storm Watch ad cd universe

• barthel sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2006, 23:16
    That's a toughie.

I was first introduced to Tull in the 70's: Aqualung & War Child. Up until Crest of a Knave, I had everything on vinyl--then I started converting to CD. Except for all of the remastered editions (and the new Aqualung Live), I have every official release from Tull & Ian. For a long time, Songs from the Wood was my absolute favorite--but only by a slim margin.

It might be easier to share my some of favorite tracks (in no particular order):

Aqualung
    Locomotive Breath
    Cross-Eyed Mary
    War Child
    Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day
    Living in the Past
    Bouree
    Songs from the Wood
    Pibroch (Cap in Hand)
    Velvet Green
    Hunting Girl
    Budapest
    Small Cigar
    Walk into Light (from Ian's 1st "solo" album)
    Life's a Long Song
    Thick as a Brick
    From a Dead Beat to an Old Greaser

... OK, that's more than a few. Sigh!

Hey Sondra! Pass it to Barthel!
  • Hm.....difficult to say.....it s easier to say which i don't like so much: Under Wraps, A, Rock Island, Root To Branches, Catfish Rising, Crest of Knave and all their other newer stuff......i prefer their old stuff till 1979...only exeption is Broadsword that is a masterpiece of the fantasy inspired hardrock genre.

• uhhuh!!!! this is hard!! it isnt easy to define my faves!!! well... okay, id say two albums which i really really really love would be Heavy Horses (fave track- Acres Wild) and Aqualung (fave track- Locomotive Breath)

Where the dance of ages is playing still,
    through far marches of acres wild...
    • retuow sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 apr 2006, 11:48
    For me, their best album is Live - Bursting Out. The only thing I don't like about them is the censoring stuff at the beginning of the 2nd disc...

But then again, I only have 4 JT albums right now (Aqualung, Minstrel In The Gallery, Songs From The Wood & Bursting Out)

• Finster sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2006, 19:50
    It's really hard to pick a favorite for me. I seem to listen to a certain album a lot and then switch to another. I tend to reach for Aqualung, Songs from the Wood, Thick as a Brick more than the others. Case anyone cares.

As far a song. I like to think that "Teacher" is my theme song, but it's probably more like "Fat Man" since I need to start working out and stop eating so much. :)

• Sinjer sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 maj 2006, 13:51
    For me is the "Benefit" album or the "Thick as A Brick" the best Tull'album.

• A Passion Play definitley. The lyrics are just sublime!

• Thick as a Brick by quite a bit.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.