Favorite Tull album?

• I really Like the albums that are more medeviel sounding,ya know that classic Tull sound that nobody else can do but them,so albums being 'This Was' 'Stand Up' 'Benifit' 'Aqualung' 'Minstrel In The Gallery' 'Songs From The Wood' 'Heavy Horses' 'Roots To Branches',best song(too hard).

• Aqualung is my favorite album overall, but my favorite tracks are Mother Goose and Hymn 43.

• Timo_M sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jul 2007, 09:59
    Aqualung, Benefit, Songs from the Woods, Ministrel in the Gallery, Stand Up, Thick as a Brick, A Passion Play, Heavy Horses.

• I think that Passion play, Thick as a brick and heavy horses is the best, but dont despise the other albums

• Rinsvind sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 aug 2007, 12:57
    By my humble opinion, Benefit is the greatest album :)

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
  • aqualung and heavy horses

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 aug 2007, 09:50
    Aqualung & Thick as A Brick

• fensti sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2007, 15:07
    Tough question... I honestly can't pick just one.

I've yet to hear Thick as a Brick or a Passion Play, so those I can't choose. Nor have a heard a few of their newer CDs.

So out of those I have heard it'd have to be Aqualung, Stormwatch, or Under Wraps.

Aqualung - Who doesn't love it? It was their big CD, and has some of their greatest songs. My favorites are My God, Up To Me, Hymn 43, and Locomotive Breath.

Stormwatch - The first Tull CD I really picked and listened to a lot, the one that got me hooked. The only songs I don't like on it are Home and the three instrumentals. For some reason, the only instrumental song I really like is Boureè.

Under Wraps - I don't think anyone here has mentioned it yet, but I could be wrong. It has a different sound to it then all of their other stuff, and I liked it a lot. It showed that they were willing to risk going in a new direction, something not all bands may be willing to do. Favorite songs here include Saboteur, General Crossing, Heat, and Nobody's Car.

As for my favorite overall song... Cold Wind to Valhalla. I've always been a fan of mythology.

• Mirsset sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2007, 20:59

fav album

My fav JT album is A Passion Play. Also like their newer albums as Roots to Branches & Dot Com. But tull is band that released so many diverse and very good albums.

In the beginning Man created God; and in the image of Man created he him.
  • Aqualung, no; stand up, no; SFTW

Its gotta be thick as a brick really.

Though i recently procured 'living with the past' live. And that gets the most play atm, guitar is awesome.

• PepoMan sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 okt 2007, 23:51
    mh... benefit / thick as a brick

• thick as a brick or heavy horses definetly pwns all. my favorite song is too old to rock and roll: too young to die.

lulz. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Right now, it's Songs From The Wood.

• Användare
    • 26 okt 2007, 22:57
    my god..

• I think my favorite Tull album is Songs from the Woods - first Tull album I ever bought. I found it in a used bookstore when I was maybe 13. The cover art was amazing - of course I thought Jethro Tull was a guy - and I wanted to know what this would sound like.

I love the Big Show Tull, but the tunes I like best are the stripped-down songs with just Ian and his guitar. Tunes like Solitaire and Small Cigars, Wond'ring Aloud, and that brilliant acoustic guitar riff in Mother Goose.

• turipriv sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 nov 2007, 13:06
    The first Tull album I ever listened to was Aqualung back when I was 17 and, of course, you can never forget your first love.
    Anyway, I think my favorite album is Thick As A Brick, sometimes I just can't stop listening to it.
    As for my favorites songs I'd say My God, Queen and Country an Bourée.

Redigerad av turipriv den 16 mar 2008, 01:14
    • Användare
    • 13 nov 2007, 12:26
    Thick as a Brick

• cag71 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2007, 19:24
    My favourite album has to be "Heavy Horses" with "Thick as a brick" as a close second and my favourite track is "Wond'ring Again" from the "Living in the Past" compilation album

• saigon9 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 dec 2007, 14:08
    Now

'son'
    'Alive and well and living in'
    'budapest'

Kiyoka :D
    • Användare
    • 28 dec 2007, 18:08
    Minstrel in the gallery, of course

• I used to think that the best Jethro Tull's album is Aqualung but, now, I'm hooked on Stand Up...

• Top 5 albums (can't do 1)

Benefit
    Thick as a Brick
    A Passion Play
    Aqualung
    This Was (first album, good as shit!)

also cocks.

• SeiBiT sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 feb 2008, 23:43
    Favourites albums:

- Broadsword and the beast
    - Stand up
    - Aqualung
    - A Passion Play

Favourites songs:

- Beastie
    - The Clasp
    - Aqualung
    - Locomotive breath
    - A new day yesterday
    - Fat man
    - Automotive engineering
    - El Niño

• My favorite Jethro Tull's album

For me the masterpiece of Jethro Tull is 'Thick As A Brick'.

Everytime I hear this "newspaper", I find something new in this magnificent opus...

"You could follow two paths in your life:
    One is ride a agreable carpet, It could let you to Hell;
    the Other is plagged of pain: It could be the 'Stairway to Heaven'"

Andres789
    • Rallero sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 mar 2008, 17:21
    A Passion Play is TEH best album ever....period!!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.