• zexpe sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2009, 15:36

Jean Michel Jarre or Jean-Michel Jarre?

Please vote for the name you think is more correct for last.fm scrobbles:

Jean Michel Jarre

or

Jean-Michel Jarre

It's silly to have Jean Michel Jarre's scrobbles divided between two pages. I've not seen a more divided artist name on last.fm, with a Google query giving as many results for both variations of his name! So tag your mp3s with whichever you prefer, but can we form some consensus on which artist page is the definitive artist page on last.fm?

Then vote for the correct artist name with the link on the bottom right-hand corner of each artist page:

"Is this artist name wrong or misspelt? Suggest a correction."

I'm going for: Jean Michel Jarre since most of my CDs use that form. This is also the accepted MusicBrainz style, which last.fm takes as its authority.

• jarrowka sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jun 2010, 21:19
    Definitely Jean Michel Jarre. His site is telling this.

"Może najwięcej prawdy jest w domysłach"
    • corneld sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 22 feb 2011, 14:30
    Well .. despite MusicBrainz accepted style (as zexpe wrote above) , last.fm have it as Jean-Michel Jarre.
    So I've changed all my songs to that style and now use it this way...

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
    • gunger30 sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 maj 2012, 20:42

J-MJ

Perso moi je mets toujours le tiret à Jean-Michel donc c'est Jean-Michel Jarre pour moi

• Steher72 sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 feb 2013, 12:56
    Jean-Michel Jarre

When you like to listen Radio, then join to my I'm still listen to analogous Music and my Radio Hamburg group.

• corneld sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 dec 2013, 12:03
    Well... anyway, now (as of December 2013) last.fm auto-corrects to Jean Michel Jarre. That is ... back to Jean Michel's own preference, isn't it ?

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.