a Jazzanova "sample" query...

• stencilv sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jan 2009, 14:04

a Jazzanova "sample" query...

Hi all,

Does anyone know the artist/info for the sample that begins the Jazzanova song "L.O.V.E and You & I"?

[ "Some-things miss-ing,
    could it be love?" ]

A friend gave me a CD with a bunch of tracks off of someone's (large) collection of vinyl, and it includes the song from which this sample is taken! But I don't have a tracklisting. Surely the track must be named "Somethings Missing". But the performer?

Anyone know?

best,
    george

• DeLuca sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jan 2009, 09:41
    I think it's the song "Something's Missing" by the Five Stairsteps.

• I think it may be the Five Stairsteps' 'Something's Missing'.

• Just in on this, not only Jazzanova sampled this, Madlib sampled this. Can't remember where, but the rythym from something...>_>

And on that Five Stairsteps note, J Dilla sampled from "Love" from The Five Stairsteps for his track, "Love" on The Shining.

• IanAR sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 okt 2009, 16:32

The Five Stairsteps "Something's Missing" vs "L.O.V.E. and You & I"

stencilv said:
    Does anyone know the artist/info for the sample that begins the Jazzanova song "L.O.V.E and You & I"?

[ "Some-things miss-ing,
    could it be love?" ]

A friend gave me a CD with a bunch of tracks off of someone's (large) collection of vinyl, and it includes the song from which this sample is taken! But I don't have a tracklisting. Surely the track must be named "Somethings Missing". But the performer?
    DeLuca said:
    I think it's the song "Something's Missing" by the Five Stairsteps.
    DCeclectic said:
    I think it may be the Five Stairsteps' 'Something's Missing'.
    I've found it streamable - Something's Missing (1968, slightly bonkers artist tagging, on the upload) - Jazzanova lift from the last 30 sec's - L.O.V.E. and You & I.

If any'o'y'all'd like to scalp this find, you might do so on WhoSampled.com (pls join group), on their Five Stairsteps page - Ian

• IanAR sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 okt 2009, 16:40

The Five Stairsteps "We Must Be In Love" vs J Dilla "Love (Featuring Pharoahe Monch)"

f1guremeout said:
    J Dilla sampled from "Love" from The Five Stairsteps for his track, "Love" on The Shining.
    I found that streamable too - We Must Be In Love - Also missing from WhoSampled.com - Ian

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.