Band Recommendations?

• oshare sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 aug 2005, 00:08

Band Recommendations?

Post on this thread with any band recommendations for your fellow members that you may have :D

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 aug 2005, 21:16

AURORA

I'm going to recommend something to start this off.
    So I'd like to recommend AURORA because their style is quite unlike any other band that I'm familiar with.
    The songs are melodic - both powerful AND restrained at the same time with a beautiful, unique and haunting vocal.
    Apparently they're now disbanded, but definitely worth looking out for if you're up for something different. (visunavi)

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 2 okt 2005, 21:40
  • I'd like to recommand xTripx! I discovered them recently and they are a very good indies band!
    Here their official page : http://ip.tosp.co.jp/i.asp?i=xtripxx

• Jaguar

Jaguar (ジャガー)..I'm really impressed with their sound - very slick, although I don't like the vocals that much but I'm picky with that (I gather the vocalist's name is Lara (ララ) but my katakana to english/romaji skills are not great -.-"). visunavi link, official

lunacy: join and get cornflakes.
  • Luvie

Luvie (るう゛ぃえ)

I love how they sound.

Official homepage
    Visunavi profile

• oshare sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 okt 2005, 04:10
    I have so many bands I could recommend here, but I'll only pick a few:

*Kazoku - their sound is great. Yusa's voice, while having the ability to go into that screeching/growling/roaring that is reminiscent of so many other J-Rock vocalists at one point or another, is just...I can't describe it. I love it, that's all xD
    Recommended songs: all of Unmei Kaika
    OHP: http://ip.tosp.co.jp/i.asp?i=kazoku117
    Fansite: http://www.freewebs.com/hana_dorobou/

*Soroban - very young band, REALLY. All the members are at the most 20 years old. The youngest member, Tatsuhi, is younger than ME O.O! (I'm 18 1/2). Ryuji, the vocalist, seems seasoned beyond his years (and to me, might be the next Kyo o.o! but that's just my opinion; I love him).
    Recommended songs: Tenpaku Hashi (kari), all of SoRaNiHaNaBi, especially Sabi Memorii.
    OHP: http://www3.to/soro
    Fansite - Shirokuro Web: http://www.wareta.net/soroban/

...that's all for now. Until I think of others.

Redigerad av oshare den 25 okt 2005, 04:22
  • *girugamesh - for me, the great revelation of this year! Powerful musicians, originals compositions, various vocalist. A band to follow. They will be famous!
    Recommended songs: goku, ikosaki uta, Shizumu kako.
    Official Homepage

*Irokui - really nice, they remind me early Baroque, especially the vocal. Great bass too. I love them, and I wait for new release!
    Recommended songs: shinsei katsu 2005 haru, funky boy.
    Official Homepage

• Atsuky sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2006, 18:59

Betty (ベティ)

Betty's Official webpage: http://www.atelier-biz.com/
    Betty is a very new band that is start with Tara (Ex- Panic Channel bass) and Yuu (...a vocalist, I haven't more information)
    oOo the top image of this group has Yuu *-* green xDDDD
    Do you want m ore information of yuu? go to my fanlisting (unnoficial, but approved by thefanlistings.org) http://honey.double-suki.org/yuh

• Yuu is from NEVER CRAZY. ;)

• oshare sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 feb 2006, 05:53

Re:

Quoth le_gritche:
    Yuu is from NEVER CRAZY. ;)

Yuu was from Never Crazy. It's so sad what happened though..:/

• chrispix sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 feb 2006, 17:00
    Hey, I'm an Australian currently making music in Japan. I'm not sure if that makes me technically J-indie, but I'd love for you to listen to some of my stuff and tell me what you think anyway!

Chris Perren

• oshare sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 feb 2006, 06:49

Re:

Quoth chrispix:
    Hey, I'm an Australian currently making music in Japan. I'm not sure if that makes me technically J-indie, but I'd love for you to listen to some of my stuff and tell me what you think anyway!

Chris Perren

Hmm...I'm not sure that it does, but thanks for posting :D I'll be sure to check it out sometime ^^

• Användare
    • 13 feb 2006, 19:35
    does anyone listen to aliza marie? :o it's truly a wonderful band. *^____^*

• Användare
    • 13 feb 2006, 20:47
    I listen to Aliza Marie! I still have to re-download everything I lost after I reformatted the PC, but I do like them.

Nobody has recommended Aioria! I loved a couple of songs of theirs a year or so ago and recently came across their album which re-awoke that old obsession. They were only around a year (2001-2002), and KAZU who was the original bassist left to join Kagerou in 2001. After the disbandment the other members went on to other bands; Shelly Trip Realize, D, MASK and Babylon. ^^

• Användare
    • 14 feb 2006, 08:04
    yay! \o/ i don't know anyone who listens to aliza marie... T__T

• oshare sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 feb 2006, 05:11

Re:

Quoth pinkmonster:
    yay! \o/ i don't know anyone who listens to aliza marie... T__T

I have one Aliza Marie song..that's it. I'd try to listen to more if I could, but it's hard to find..

• Användare
    • 19 feb 2006, 11:02
    very true that is.. i have probably four of their songs right now.. xD i had more some time ago.. :o

• Allure Idea are also great! =0

Awwwws and me also likes Aliza Marie! And Aioria~! Teh luv! °°

• Användare
    • 25 feb 2006, 19:06
    yay! \o/ aliza marie~! <3

• Användare
    • 25 feb 2006, 23:05
    I really recommend そろばん [Soroban]. Their music is great ~ and i love the vocalist. I hope they will go far and famous (^^)b

Recommended album : Geki irodori chappuru

Recommended songs : Hikari dou gestalt (very nice), sekishoku lamp (i <3 this song. it's super catchy ^^), -RAM-, and orange tegami

• oshare sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 mar 2006, 20:00
    Oh yes, Soroban is such love. I adore them XD they're so silly too!! Wonderful, lovely music x3

• Användare
    • 21 mar 2006, 12:09

My recommend

One more to Soroban power increasement! /o/
    I really like the way they sound, check any material by them,
    everything's very nice.

• Eile de Mu is really underappreciated...it's a shame that they've just disbanded T_T

• Zwei, anyone? I've never really been into 'girl bands' but Zwei is nice. They kinda.. Rock. \o/

• Miaka975 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jul 2006, 03:34
    hehe this is going to be a really long list XDDD

hysteric - man i adoooore these guys ^_____________^ they're a very bouncy band and have a very light sound.... and are all-around great guys who enjoy getting to know their fans.....their only problem is that they love their fans too much and like to make their cds really cheap ...and they don't have any money <_< and almost all their cds are live only ...which are all sold out -_-

arc - their sound is on the light side....and absolutely awesome live *O* so far they have 2 maxi's and are on one omnibus....but they've been picking up in popularity in the past month...2 months or so @_@..its kinda crazy how fast they're gaining fans...and i know even more will come since they just joined undercode

G.O.Z. VII - oki..this band has 7 members!! o.O its nuts when they're onstage XD but newayz they're on the light side (wow..i think thats all i like XD) and their twin vocals blend together very nicely ... definately something u guys should try out ^_____^

serial number - i love this band because this vocalist is the oooonly person who made me want to go home while i'm in japan @_______________@ he's from okinawa..which is very unusual for a vk artist but serial number is a tokyo band...so his lyrics are often about what its like in okinawa ...and well...okinawa..sounds alooooot like hawaii where i'm from...so he always makes me want to go home T____T evil jin ...that and he has a sexy voice <3 ...their sound is a mix..their older stuff has alot of growling and is pretty heavy..but their first maxi is all light songs...well no growling XD

gossip - oki this band is reaaaally heavy..i'ld recommend this band if u like gilgamesh already...because they have a similar sound..but gossip's vocalist can do this weird thing with his voice..that is so awesome *O*

awoi - a tiny osaka band that....i don't think has played outside of osaka yet O_O ..newayz their earlier stuff are really really heavy....as in... u headbang so much that u can't stand up straight afterwards (true story o.O) but their new single sounds alot lighter and ....jazzy? O_O...so i'm not sure if they're changing their music direction but they're still worth checking out ^^

イヴ(eve) - hmmm i like them but i've only seen them twice...they're a reaaaaally new band...their first live was in april of 2006 and they have no cds at alll >< as a new band i think they have lots of potential..and i can't wait to see what they grow up to become :3 they're all so young XDD i wonder if hysteric's guitarist joined eve because he wanted to be with people more his age XDDDD

himitsu kessha codomo ace - maaan their vocalist is nuts XDDDDD i actually dont' really like their cds much..but they're sooo awesome live *O*....get their live dvd "jinsei game" and u'll see what i mean @_______@ i'm gonna get that dvd *O* they're a strange techno/rock mix....

dari - wow..3 undercode bands already -_- well they're really good *O* but...they hardly have any fans and their first live was in november of last year..i think...they're on the dark side..and actually a pretty typical undercode sound...only codomo a and arc are lighter i think XDDDD

meeeh i think i'll stop for now :3

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.