Would you mind answering this for my thesis?? \

• Would you mind answering this for my thesis?? \

Last.fm Survey.

This is a survey that I am composing for my thesis in Communications and Multimedia. It would be greatly obliged if you could answer the following for me.

Please note that you do not have to answer any questions or give any personal details that you may wish not to give.

1. Age:

2. What genre of music do you listen to:

3. How often do you visit this site:

4. How often do you use the forums:

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both:

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook):

7. How did you find out about last.fm:

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site:

""I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.""
  • Bored, so here ya go :P

1. Age: 21

2. What genre of music do you listen to: Industrial and a wide spectrum of electronic

3. How often do you visit this site: Depends, couple times a week.

4. How often do you use the forums: I don’t.

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: Yeah but I’d much rather instant message them.

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): Well it’s not quite up there as a social networking site but you get the chance to rub shoulders with people who have very similar music tastes, which can be a hard thing to come by.

7. How did you find out about last.fm: Many years ago in the days it was known as Audioscrobbler I stumbled on this site by people linking it, I had an account 2003/2004 which I never used and typically forgot the password of. When this site became more promising I got hooked.

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: I guess so, the whole music neighbourhood thing.

• Good luck

1. Age: 23

2. What genre of music do you listen to:

Indie, rock, progressive rock, avant garde metal, jazz, alternative indie, alternative country, a little reggae, classical, electronic

3. How often do you visit this site:

about 3 - 4 times a week

4. How often do you use the forums:

sometimes, might check my groups once a week

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both:

both, though I'd have to say I use it mostly to find new music I might be interested in. With the last.fm recommendations, or friends and strangers recommendations.

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook):

I never liked either too much with all the ad's, endless spam, ect. Got bored with them very quickly, after setting up a profile. On last.fm you get more recommendations based on what you're currently listening to. You can find/look at/ask/befriend your neighbors for music listening input, which has worked out quite well :D

7. How did you find out about last.fm:

friend/word of mouth

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site:

usually people are friendly enough, the one's I've come across anyway. As for community...?

• 1. Age: 17

2. What genre of music do you listen to: Alternative rock mostly, a fair bit of classic rock, a little bit of punk and a portion of electronic stuff like Aphex Twin.

3. How often do you visit this site: before its change I visited it daily - only visit it two or three times a week nowadays

4. How often do you use the forums: I don't

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: I communicate with lastfm friends, know very few of them personally

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): it seems to have encountered a change that tried to make it more like facebook. Its previous look was much better.

7. How did you find out about last.fm: internet forum elsewhere

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: Sort of..

• 1. Age: 25

2. What genre of music do you listen to: rock

3. How often do you visit this site: several times a day

4. How often do you use the forums: once a week

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: both

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): this site is much better. I don't like facebook

7. How did you find out about last.fm: other users

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: kind of

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2009, 16:19

2. What genre of music do you listen to: Metal,mostly, but I like lots of stuff.

3. How often do you visit this site: Every day.

4. How often do you use the forums: Only when I have a question or problem with the site.

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: Both, but predominantly music.

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): Much better, as there is a common interest bringing people to this site. Everybody here loves some form of music and most are here to discover new bands or even new music genres for themselves. It's also less personal, so it doesn't create the drama and bullshit that Myspace, etc can create.

7. How did you find out about last.fm: A friend of mine had it.

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: In a way.

• MazaaP sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jan 2009, 20:01
    1. Age: 20

2. What genre of music do you listen to: Honestly, a bit of everything, it's not really classifiable.. but here we go, Indie, Alternative Rock, Electronica, Metal, Rock, Alternative Country, Math Rock, and everything else.

3. How often do you visit this site: Almost everyday.

4. How often do you use the forums: Rarely.

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: Not many friends of mine are up on the Last.Fm buzz yet so it's mainly music, with t'other as an added bonus.

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): It's alot different from any others I know of, in that its main function is sharing music.. i like how it's public to everyone, i.e. no signing in to check on profiles, but i can see it's getting quite like bebo, etc with the subscribing and that..

7. How did you find out about last.fm: stumbled right upon it while on a google-fest.

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: More a sense of exclusivity if I'm honest, people seem to be almost competing with each other re. music compatibility, number of plays for different artists. But I suppose it's always going to be the way on any social networking site :D

Now if only you were the parent of a child with a language disorder.. you could help with my thesis!!
    x

Maz
  • Please note that you do not have to answer any questions or give any personal details that you may wish not to give.

1. Age:18

2. What genre of music do you listen to:Rock, Pop-Punk, Grunge, Folk, Indie

3. How often do you visit this site:Everyday

4. How often do you use the forums:Not that often

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both:Yes.

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook):I kinda rather it as it is more geared towards music than just general social networking

7. How did you find out about last.fm:when it changed from audioscrobbler

8. Do you get a sense of community from using this site: Yes, I do especially when I get contacted by complete strangers with simular music tastes

• Lolicat sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 jan 2009, 03:25
    1. Age: 19

2. What genre of music do you listen to: Alternative Rock, Folk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, Punk, Shoegaze.

3. How often do you visit this site: Every day.

4. How often do you use the forums: As often as possible, although they're not very active.

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: Both.

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): Needs more social aspects, it mainly just encourages you to stare at charts all day.

7. How did you find out about last.fm: A friend linked me.

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: Not enough; the forums are generally quite slow on most groups, and I stick to the friends I know from other websites.

• 1. Age:18

2. What genre of music do you listen to: 60s 70s, Psychedelic rock and Progressive rock

3. How often do you visit this site: Once a week

4. How often do you use the forums: Not that often

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: no

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): ten times better

7. How did you find out about last.fm: Friends

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: Not enough good forums

This is me in video form ____ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLaf7AcMCB0 ____
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2009, 21:31
    1. Age: 15

2. What genre of music do you listen to: I listen to bands throughout every genre.

3. How often do you visit this site: Daily

4. How often do you use the forums: Not every day.

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: Music, my friends don't have this.

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): I have never used Facebook, Myspace is also good for bands that dont have a record label and are looking for gigs, but this is the best for music. However i would Myspace is better for like chatting with friends as they say.

7. How did you find out about last.fm: A friend

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: Yeah, i realised that alot of other people like some bands i like.

• survey

1 Age :44
    2 Music types :Metal,Metal and Metal
    3 this site :rarely
    4 Forums :first time
    5 Friends and music
    6 Am on myspace but am getting to like this a lot
    7 Friend told me about here
    8 Haven't used it enough to find out,watch this space

• Användare
    • 5 aug 2010, 12:39
    1. Age: 22

2. What genre of music do you listen to: rock/metal/all those types

3. How often do you visit this site: every day

4. How often do you use the forums: rarely

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: yea

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): idont know i dont have anyof that

7. How did you find out about last.fm: my friend told me about it

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: yea most of people likesame stuff i do

• 1. Age:28

2. What genre of music do you listen to: indie

3. How often do you visit this site: monthly

4. How often do you use the forums: almost never

5. Would you use this site to communicate with friends, for music or both: sometimes

6. How do feel this site compares to other social networking sites (Myspace or Facebook): not comparable, different

7. How did you find out about last.fm: concept of audioscrobbler

8. Do you get a sense of communitie from using this site: no

I cant feel the sickness yet,but its in the post...thats for sure
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.