• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 sep 2010, 18:01

Recommendations

I think a thread like this would come in handy. The idea is that anyone can ask people to recommend them something preferably after the person before has recieved some recommendations. Let's see if this will work. If the persons post till whom you're recommending stuff, type like this "@Henkka93" or whatever the nickname of the person is.

I start:
    I'm looking for new heavy metal bands to listen to. Old or new, it doesn't matter.
    Some heavy metal bands I enjoy:
    Pagan Altar
    Cirith Ungol
    Satan
    Grim Reaper
    Holy Grail
    Grand Magus
    Sortilège
    Burn (SWE)
    Detest (SWE)
    Manilla Road
    In Solitude (SWE)

• @religion

Your list lacks Slough Feg get Down among the Deadmen and Travelller

now my turn?
    I need some more black metal
    I have pretty much all the norwegian stuff and first wave
    just some that I dont have in my artists page would be good lol

• latest Autopsy's EP. fucking heavy!

Thrashing mad, we feed the beast
    in leather armour we ride the priest!
    church is on fire, we're having fun
    spikes are shining, we ride the nun!
  • @ZombieJesus97 you should be sure to check out the Finnish band Barathrum if you havent heard of them. They have a unique blend of black and doom

• @ FalseReligion: I see Grand Magus in your latest preferences. Iron Will was hard as fuck, but the latest, Hammer of the North, is realy plastic. Poor guitarwork and visible lack of inspiration, not to mention that the doom branch witch is about to disappear permanently from their compositions. Very disappointing. Imo.

• @kugel
    Thanks man I Just checked out their first album they are just what I was looking for thanks

• Användare
    • 25 sep 2010, 15:38
    helldrasil said:
    @ FalseReligion: I see Grand Magus in your latest preferences. Iron Will was hard as fuck, but the latest, Hammer of the North, is realy plastic. Poor guitarwork and visible lack of inspiration, not to mention that the doom branch witch is about to disappear permanently from their compositions. Very disappointing. Imo.

I haven't heard the new album, but Iron Will is brilliant.

ZombieJesus, I have muuuch black metal in my charts, I think you could find many bands there.

• Wvrm sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2010, 20:44

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 8 feb 2011, 05:37
  • @falsereligion
    Ok I just picked from random

Blut Aus Nord
    Drudkh
    Nokturnal Mortum
    all kickass man thanks a bunch

• If anyone has any recommendations for any hardcore similar to Discharge's See Nothing Hear Nothing Say Nothing and grind similar to Terrorizer's World Downfall, throw 'em my way!

• Vesupria sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 sep 2010, 07:59
    slackashi said:
    If anyone has any recommendations for any hardcore similar to Discharge's See Nothing Hear Nothing Say Nothing and grind similar to Terrorizer's World Downfall, throw 'em my way!

Slackashi, as you may know Discharge pioneered the 'd-beat' punk / hardcore approach. Some other bands that play in this similar style off the top off my head would be the Swedes, ie Anti-Cimex (Victims of a Bomb Raid, Raped Ass 7") and Disfear (Burtal Sight of War EP is the one I have). Whilst not exactly the same, stuff like Dead Brain Cells and The Exploited might also interest you.

Those are fairly beginner bands, mainly because I've not really explored the "Punk" side of things very much.

• @FR - cool taste man, great to see another Detest (Swe) fan out there, great stuff imo. Anyway I recomment you check out the Tyrant who realease Too Late Too Pray fucking awesome album/band you should def check them out

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 26 dec 2010, 20:26
    • HMHunter sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 okt 2010, 11:51

Re: Recommendations

FalseReligion pisze:

I'm looking for new heavy metal bands to listen to. Old or new, it doesn't matter.

Check out GOTHAM CITY, HEAVY LOAD, H-BOMB, OMEN

• Sister Sin - The True Soun of Underground. Nasty Heavy Metal with female on vocals.

• Power From Hell - The True Metal (album), new band i recently discovered and the production its fantastically raw and evil

• Användare
    • 3 okt 2010, 15:02
    Gooner_89 said:
    @FR - cool taste man, great to see another Detest (Swe) fan out there, great stuff imo. Anyway I recomment you check out the Tyrant who realease Too Late Too Pray fucking awesome album/band you should def check them out

Too Late To Pray is great! Thanks man. Gonna check out the other bands aswell.

• Wvrm sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 okt 2010, 02:06

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 8 feb 2011, 05:37
  • I think everybody should already know about the awesomeness that is Dio.

• Användare
    • 7 okt 2010, 01:03

Re: Re: Recommendations

HMHunter said:
    FalseReligion pisze:

absolutely go with these, also consider the american Damien, especially their album Stop This War, Metal Lady - Metal Lady (it's Pokolgep with a woman singing) and Warlord - And The Cannons Of Destruction Have Begun

I'm looking for some more death/doom here, hit me with some favorites

• HMHunter sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 okt 2010, 13:21
    FalseReligion pisze:
    Gooner_89 said:
    @FR - cool taste man, great to see another Detest (Swe) fan out there, great stuff imo. Anyway I recomment you check out the Tyrant who realease Too Late Too Pray fucking awesome album/band you should def check them out

Too Late To Pray is great! Thanks man. Gonna check out the other bands aswell.

Also try Cerebus - Too Late to Pray, nice us power metal.

• HMHunter sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 okt 2010, 13:25
    Kugelsackenburg pisze:
    Power From Hell - The True Metal (album), new band i recently discovered and the production its fantastically raw and evil

yeah it's fucking great. Black metal in its primal form, sounds just like old Bathory.

ButtRage pisze:

You should like Catacombs - In the Depths of R'lyeh

• Användare
    • 9 okt 2010, 09:17

Re: Re: Re: Recommendations

ButtRage said:
    HMHunter said:
    FalseReligion pisze:

absolutely go with these, also consider the american Damien, especially their album Stop This War, Metal Lady - Metal Lady (it's Pokolgep with a woman singing) and Warlord - And The Cannons Of Destruction Have Begun

The usuals, diSEMBOWELMENT and Winter, Asphyx, Hail of Bullets, Autopsy if you will, but my absolute favourite is the Finnish obscure death metal band Rippikoulu. They only did two demos, Musta seremonia being the one with the actually listenable production.

• I have no doom at all in my library... I know I fail
    rec me.....Essential doom

• Pentagram - Relentless
    Trouble - Psalm 9
    Saint Vitus - Born Too Late
    Witchfinder General - Death Penalty
    Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
    Solitude Aeturnus - Into the Depths of Sorrow

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.