• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2010, 10:51
    I would be very pleased if anyone could recommend some bands in the vein of old Samael, Mortuary Drape, Tormentor etc..

• Vesupria sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2010, 00:25
    Maybe off topic - but I always found it amusing that Darkthrone's unholy trinity was aBitNS / UaFM / TH whilst Panzerfaust was clearly better in my eyes than the first of the three. I guess it has more to do with timing than musical quality, though. 'A Blaze...' seems to have a few moments of uncertainty about what they were trying to achieve, I guess it was their first 'Black Metal' album and that has something to do with it. On 'Panzerfaust' they seem to channel a lot of anger at the world, and the finished product is unholy wrath of the highest order. It's not their best, but it's probably them at their most hateful for sure. Perhaps they were overly pissed at the fact that Peaceville ditched them after the whole church burnings debacle in Norway?

• Vesupria sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2010, 00:35
    @jewelthrone - Have you tried XANTOTOL (POL) - Liber Diabolus: 1991-1996?

Here's a track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPq1adyp5yw

• I like Panzerfaust a lot, but if you look closely will see at least two Transylvanian Hunger clone tracks and a powerful Celtic Frost / Hellhammer vibe on the rest. And , of course, always will be a " the time of release " factor . 95 isn't 92 and more important, the long expected and late release of De Mysteriis in 94 , had a major influence for the Panzerfaust lack of succes. imho. But still, a great album.

Thrashing mad, we feed the beast
    in leather armour we ride the priest!
    church is on fire, we're having fun
    spikes are shining, we ride the nun!
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2010, 15:14
    @Vesupria: Thanks for the tip. That's quite good stuff.

• Avsky - Scorn (2010) out.

sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI57yLtzxp8

tags: sick, insane, unsane , etc. .

• If we are talking about black metal and not blackened somehting, my favorite is certainly Mayhem till 94', Darkthrone, Von, early Marduk, first lp of Gorgoroth, some Carpathian Forest. Urgehal, Beastcraft, Tsjuder, Krypt, Craft, Katharsis, Antaeus, Thornspawn, Funeral Goat, Watain and some more I can't think of right now.

• Krypt and Funeral Goat fuckin' rules.

• Hell yeah. And I forgot Malefic Order from my country. Raging Evil Desekration is absolutely one of the best black metal albums I've ever heard.

• tiejaz sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2010, 06:20
    Darkthrone is the blackest band ever. I also love some Sarcofago, Mgła, Lyrinx, Xasthur, and Bathory.

• Wvrm sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2010, 01:12

[spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 8 feb 2011, 05:37
    • tomcatha sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 aug 2010, 01:25
    I always considered sarcofago the first 2nd wave band. I listen to a decent amount of black these days and i find the overall quality of the 1st wave higher than the 2nd wave tbh.

• Eternal Decay, great black metal, it's not raw, it's more melodic but it's great, the singer/guitarist is my neighbour.

Balls to the walls.
    • Användare
    • 12 sep 2010, 14:46
    I love pretty much every sort of black metal (except 'symphonic' and depressive). Bands like Blut Aus Nord, Dissection, Nokturnal Mortum, Deströyer 666, Drudkh, Bathory are long time favourites, but I also like the raw black metal scene, especially the finnish one, with bands like Cosmic Church, Vitsaus, Förgjord, etc.

I also enjoy Martyrdöd, which is a blend of black metal and crust punk. Really aggressive stuff.

• Wvrm sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 sep 2010, 00:14

[spam]

[spam]

• Användare
    • 20 sep 2010, 14:28
    You can't go wrong with any of Martyrdöd's three albums which are Martyrdöd, In Extremis and Sekt, but my favorite is Martyrdöd followed closely by Sekt. All three are great tho.

• Wvrm sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2010, 20:46

[spam]

[spam]

• If you look at my profile, its very apparent I am a Bathory fanatic. I cant find anything that can match that incredibly raw evil sound on "The Return" album. Previous and albums afterwards were fantastic as well, but black metal for myself peaked with Bathory. Other great black metal I enjoy are artists like Darkthrone, Barathrum, Hellhammer, Burzum, and Venom + many other blackened thrash bands of less impact. Some black metal I just find boring though. I dont know if my tastes will further mature into it, but I cant enjoy blast beats when its so fast there is no sense of rhythm.

• Användare
    • 7 okt 2010, 04:36
    you know what album i think is criminally overlooked? Biophoiba - You Are God, You Are Nothing. really cool stuff, bit odd but a great release overall

• I dunno whether it's been mentioned but DEFINITELY check out Mefisto from Sweden and their first demo. Killer Black/Speed Metal.

Check out my Classic Metal Blog: http://www.wolfgangsclassicmetal.com
  • new Deathspell Omega sample track:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=12104

what do yo think?

as for myself, it represents everything i hate in black metal.

• Användare
    • 15 okt 2010, 10:53
    helldrasil said:
    new Deathspell Omega sample track:

what do yo think?

Sounds like the standard DSO track, chaotic, dissonant and fucking weird. I think it's hard to judge it without hearing the entire album, because it might not open without.

Hard to give an opinion about it though.

• helldrasil said:
    new Deathspell Omega sample track:

what do yo think?

Yeah, that was fucking horrible. They were really only worth listening to when they worshiped second-wave black metal. This new shit is like some sort of cruel joke.

• The riff arround 1'00"" - 1'50"" is the shittyest thing I've heard since enslaved start putting flowers in their hair witch was the shittyest black metal related thing at the moment.

• Användare
    • 14 nov 2010, 18:35
    Necro'd

Here's a bunch of my favourite black metal releases (bear in mind that i'm not as knowledgable on the subgenre as with traditional/death/thrash metal)

-Dawn's Naer Solen Nider Gar For Evoker (One of my absolute favourites from the Swedish BM scene. A powerful blend of overtly melodic tremolo riffing, passionate yet technically astute instrumental performances, and just damn great songwriting. I love the follow-up EP and their first Swedeath demo as well)

-Dissection's The Somberlain (the album that got me into black metal. I still love the album a lot, even if it has some pretty obvious flaws about it)

-Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (deserving of the hype it gets. Euronymos' riffcraft is absolutely brilliant - and still VERY influence by the more traditional forms of metal as well - and Attila Cshilar gives a vocal performances for the ages. Hellhammer's drumming is exceptional, and all of the songs are incredibly well put together. And the production is one of the most perfectly fitting i've ever heard)

-Enslaved's Vikingligr Veldi (i'm not a massive fan of anything they did afterwards, but this is brilliant all the way through. The songs are marvelously put together and the number of emotional moods they go through still sets it apart from the pack)

-Sacramentum's Far Away From the Sun (One of the greatest albums in metal as far as i'm concerned. The riffs are brilliant, the songwriting is absolutely superb, and the performances are perfect without being flashy. The foggy, reverb-laden production job is but icing on the cake)

Bathory's Blood Fire Death (Pretty obvious pick... but there's a reason behind it being a favourite. Quorthon's greatest acheivement, next to Under the Sign of the Black Mark. "A Fine Day to Die" is beyond any sort of criticism, I swear...)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.