I hate INFPs

 

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 maj 2010, 03:30
    Im an INFP D:

    • elfsprin sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 maj 2010, 16:07
    i think you should all (haters and non-haters alike) come to INTP central, voice your stance, and see if your stances change.

    Om
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2010, 21:06

    Redigerat av en raderad användare den 19 aug 2012, 10:52
  • I'm in love with an INFP...

  • my best friend's infp. xd

    • Razor745 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jul 2010, 17:05
    I hate you all, fags

    :/

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 aug 2010, 12:55
    I'm also INFP, but i have strong T tendency, and I simply love to talk with INTP people. They're like seeing world as great mechanism, and INFP often are also good observators. Generally the way of analysing data for those two types is pretty similar (Ni) and conversation of those two could be very inspiring to both sides. :D

    Generally, people with NT and NF temperaments are very good fellows for me. :P Mind of SJ is something I cannot understand. :[

  • You hate yourself then couse...

    All of us have the secundary characteriscs and i dont believe that exist robos-humanoids. through you is INTP, impossíble tha you dont have emotions. Yes i Know thats we have low expression, but still we have emotions.

    Not easy be a INTP or INFP.

  • Re: You hate yourself then couse...

    Marcvision said:
    All of us have the secundary characteriscs and i dont believe that exist robos-humanoids. through you is INTP, impossíble tha you dont have emotions. Yes i Know thats we have low expression, but still we have emotions.

    Not easy be a INTP or INFP.


    Problem is, their F-function is Fi. Ours is Fe.
    It seems to me that INFPs (just like all the other Fi-types) have their own version of reality. They arrange all kinds of interpersonal affiliation with themselves, I don't know how to describe.
    Instancing, here's a list of all INFPs I've ever came across:
    - A friend's mother who introduced her new boyfriend to her children one day (!) after her husband moved out. She claims already having broken up with husband years ago. Which is not the case. She didn't have the guts to.
    - Girl I used to call one of my closest friends over six years (!!!) whereas I wasn't even close to being any kind of friend to her. She just didn't have the courage telling me.
    - Guy I used to be engaged with. As it turned out, he's manwhore #1. Claimed to have told me. Of course he didn't. (Claimed to have told me a lot of things he just didn't.)
    - Blablablah, one more mentally disturbed coward who thinks imagining to tell the truth is adequate to actually have told.

    Dear INFPs,
    Don't take it personally. You might be nice people. (Really!) But your cowardice is pissing me off.
    Sincerely,
    Embittered Fi-Victim

    • hokstein sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2010, 08:28
    I can't believe this 3-year old thread is still active...

    Anyway, thanks everyone for all the comments which I hadn't seen before. I realize "hate" was too strong a word. I don't wish harm to INFPs in any way. I just have a REALLY hard time interacting with them, because it seems they're looking straight through me and not actually talking to me, it always feels like they're talking to themselves. They're also unpredictable and prone to do things that I would deem weird.

    Since writing this, I've lost contact with 2 of the INFP friends I had. I still keep in touch with one of them, but now I think she's actually not INFP.

    Anyway, yeah, we can all be friends and love each other. Spread the love.

    But don't forget the songs that made you cry
    And the songs that saved your life
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 okt 2010, 22:34
    I love INFP's. They are extremely interesting.

    • jdjanze sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 nov 2010, 02:40
    I've come up as an INFP a couple times but I suppose that shouldn't be too shocking since as an INTP I barely score over 60% on Thinking over Feeling.

  • I have one really good friend who has scored ENFP, another ENFP/INFP, 2 good friends that scored INFP, and a girl I'm dating at the moment is INFP. I talk to them the most out of all my other friends.. they are so easy to talk to!

    I have a hard time relating to the morals/beliefs that the INFPs are often passionate about though. I never say that they are wrong but often bring up statistics that are related to what they talk about and it serves as a way for them to look at things in a different perspective; they often seem to find that genuinely interesting!

  • I love INTPs

    I am an INFP and I absolutely love INTPs. My best friend is an INTP, and we can sit for hours bouncing ideas back and forth off of eachother, contemplating the complexities of life, making rhymes about poop and pee, or simply sitting in silence and comfortably getting lost in our own heads until one pulls the other back into the real world. He is the only person in the world that truly appreciates the way I see the world. I can share my deepest thoughts with him, but I can also afford to be painfully juvenile and stupid with him when I feel like goofing off. We keep each other balanced. He is just so laid back. It is very easy with him.

    I was kind of shocked to see the title of this thread, and I expected to read some pretty heinous comments. But, I have to say, I am happy to see that, for the most part, the admiration we INFPs have for you INTPs is reciprocated! The thread is titled "I hate INFPs," but it seems that more INTPs hold quite an opposite opinion. :)

    Oh, and to the INTP that was ranting about INFPs droning on and on about unimportant things, that is definitely not typical of an INFP. I know that we are most definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but you're describing fruit punch. As for our behaviour being deemed weird... well, I was under the impression that most INTPs preferred weird. That seems to be the secret to my success with my INTP, anyway. Most of the world looks upon weirdness unfavorably. I always assumed that eccentricity was a fundamental part of the common ground INTP-INFP relationships are built upon. We're both looked upon as a bit strange in the ESXX dominated society we inhabit, don't ya think?

    wasurenaide said:
    Problem is, their F-function is Fi. Ours is Fe.
    It seems to me that INFPs (just like all the other Fi-types) have their own version of reality. They arrange all kinds of interpersonal affiliation with themselves, I don't know how to describe.
    Instancing, here's a list of all INFPs I've ever came across:
    - A friend's mother who introduced her new boyfriend to her children one day (!) after her husband moved out. She claims already having broken up with husband years ago. Which is not the case. She didn't have the guts to.
    - Girl I used to call one of my closest friends over six years (!!!) whereas I wasn't even close to being any kind of friend to her. She just didn't have the courage telling me.
    - Guy I used to be engaged with. As it turned out, he's manwhore #1. Claimed to have told me. Of course he didn't. (Claimed to have told me a lot of things he just didn't.)
    - Blablablah, one more mentally disturbed coward who thinks imagining to tell the truth is adequate to actually have told.

    Dear INFPs,
    Don't take it personally. You might be nice people. (Really!) But your cowardice is pissing me off.
    Sincerely,
    Embittered Fi-Victim


    How can you understand Fi if you are so removed from it (being an INTP and all)? Fi is just like Ti, but instead of searching for pure intellectual understanding (which we do also, we're not idiots), we prioritize searching for symbolic or explicit hints in our experiences that help us set a code of ethical standards for ourselves and broaden our perspectives about the nature of the world and humankind. Dominant Fi is by no means a tool we use to come up with excuses to lie for psuedo-fear of hurting people. If anything, that's dominant or auxilary Fe. Also, an INFP manwhore? Well, that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one! I suppose it could happen. Are you sure these are not ENFPs? Did these people you've listed actually take the test? In anycase, don't vote us off the island yet! You'll be missing out on some great INTP-INFP magic, baby!

    Wow. This was longer than I expected. Anyway, Thanks for the love, old reliables. You all made my night.

  • Re: I love INTPs


    How can you understand Fi if you are so removed from it (being an INTP and all)?


    First of all, hi!
    Glad to read your constribution as it seems you really did make your homeworks. : )

    I never claimed to understand Fi, all I did was describing what impression my INFP acquaintances left me with. But by the way - looking at something from distance can often be useful to serve a different perception, which isn't necessarily wrong but the same from another perspective.


    Fi is just like Ti, but instead of searching for pure intellectual understanding (which we do also, we're not idiots), we prioritize searching for symbolic or explicit hints in our experiences that help us set a code of ethical standards for ourselves and broaden our perspectives about the nature of the world and humankind.


    Haha, I know INFPs aren't dumb (not more than any other people). I also know they/you like symbolism & that kind of stuff.
    But I disagree when it comes to the point that "Fi is just like Ti" - there are several reasons I could name, but... (I'm already fighting hard with myself for writing comprehensible & kind-of-pseudo-eloquent English) no. Just no.


    Dominant Fi is by no means a tool we use to come up with excuses to lie for psuedo-fear of hurting people. If anything, that's dominant or auxilary Fe.


    Okay, no, it's not ("a tool you use to come up with excuses to lie for pseudo-fear of hurting people"). But it's why you create a vivid inner world/reality of which you rarely inform other folks about (as you don't necessarily express your feelings though experiencing them intensely), which might lead to hurting other people.


    Also, an INFP manwhore? Well, that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one!


    I wish.
    Meanwhile, I got to know even more of them.


    Are you sure these are not ENFPs? Did these people you've listed actually take the test?


    Dead sure. I had them all take the test. In case of doubt several versions of it. (Oh, except my friend's mother - my friend/her daughter made her do it.)


    In anycase, don't vote us off the island yet! You'll be missing out on some great INTP-INFP magic, baby!


    Haha, I actually became acquainted with a girl who is an INFP (yep, she took the test) & which I like a lot & there's another guy I adore since three years who turned out to be an INFP. Exceptions prove the rule (to come up with a cliché-as-fuck-phrase) & MBTI isn't the only "tool" to 'judge over people' ; )
    But it won't change that I've had almost only bad experiences with INFPs & since there's no other MBTI-type I had this amount of special problems with & since I can recognise a particular pattern... well. Yes.

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 mar 2011, 09:27
    used to be INFP also some relatives/friends are INFPs (and they're all right)

  • Re: Re: You hate yourself then couse...

    wasurenaide said:
    Marcvision said:
    All of us have the secundary characteriscs and i dont believe that exist robos-humanoids. through you is INTP, impossíble tha you dont have emotions. Yes i Know thats we have low expression, but still we have emotions.

    Not easy be a INTP or INFP.


    Problem is, their F-function is Fi. Ours is Fe.
    It seems to me that INFPs (just like all the other Fi-types) have their own version of reality. They arrange all kinds of interpersonal affiliation with themselves, I don't know how to describe.
    Instancing, here's a list of all INFPs I've ever came across:
    - A friend's mother who introduced her new boyfriend to her children one day (!) after her husband moved out. She claims already having broken up with husband years ago. Which is not the case. She didn't have the guts to.
    - Girl I used to call one of my closest friends over six years (!!!) whereas I wasn't even close to being any kind of friend to her. She just didn't have the courage telling me.
    - Guy I used to be engaged with. As it turned out, he's manwhore #1. Claimed to have told me. Of course he didn't. (Claimed to have told me a lot of things he just didn't.)
    - Blablablah, one more mentally disturbed coward who thinks imagining to tell the truth is adequate to actually have told.

    Dear INFPs,
    Don't take it personally. You might be nice people. (Really!) But your cowardice is pissing me off.
    Sincerely,
    Embittered Fi-Victim


    I actually find this quite interesting, considering i'm an infp and feel i'm too honest... ;/ I speak too much of my mind at times and it gets people annoyed as they don't care for what I think... not too sure why these others would have the problem. Maybe it's because i'm also a libra and the two mixed are suppose to be quite similar? I don't know. Only coward thing I have is trying to end a bad relationship.. though I will always remain faithful even if they ignore/ditch me -.- which is the problem because I drive myself into the ground.

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 okt 2011, 04:35
    i know an INFP he's quite cool

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 okt 2011, 04:36

    Redigerat av en raderad användare den 1 feb 2012, 11:05
  • Hello everyone, I just learned about those tests and personality type.
    I'm an INTP but my "thinking" score is just 53% and reading about many descriptions of the "INFP" I feel like I strongly used to be one till some times ago when I kinda just had to change some of my way of thinking.
    I haven't read much on the subject and you seem to know a lot more about those personality trait so I'm just gonna ask: is it possible to have some of the peculiar traits of both personality at the same time?



    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 feb 2012, 11:04
    FoolishDreamer said:
    Hello everyone, I just learned about those tests and personality type.
    I'm an INTP but my "thinking" score is just 53% and reading about many descriptions of the "INFP" I feel like I strongly used to be one till some times ago when I kinda just had to change some of my way of thinking.
    I haven't read much on the subject and you seem to know a lot more about those personality trait so I'm just gonna ask: is it possible to have some of the peculiar traits of both personality at the same time?

    yes, for example in my case, i can be either an INTP/J depending on the environment/situation
    and for more specific examples, besides being an INTP, i can be meticulous at times

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 feb 2012, 07:25
    My best friend is an INFP. We do get into little quarrels once in a while, (she thinks I'm insensitive and cold, I think she's over-emotional and ruled by sentiment) but for the most part, we get along fantastically. I've never met anyone who I "click" with more than her. We are very similar in pace and temperament, despite the huge T/F gulf between us. (We're both within the 90th percentiles.)

    I had a roommate who was INFP as well, and, as with the above case, we got along uncommonly well, and our conversations were almost always interesting and stimulating. Neither of them talked incessantly. Indeed, I always felt as if our conversations had a near perfect balance of talking/listening.

    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 feb 2012, 07:48
    I cusp between INTP and INFP and then some INTJ. Don't know why you have to group people though...

  • I really like INFPs but they have to be emotionally healthy. An emotionally unstable INFP is a disaster. They're all over the place and generally extremely selfish. That being said, a lot (saying a lot as if I have a lot of friends. Right. I'm an INTP, you can infer) of my close friends have been INFPs and I've seen the differences between healthy and unhealthy. I consider my healthy INFP friend to be my soulmate, and as does she, we just click on this subconscious almost surreal level. Other people have a hard time hanging out with us because we seem like we're in our own world and we communicate in ways that other people can't quite understand. It's like the friendship equivalent of a pair of infant twin's language. haha
    Anyways, I"ll add that I am dating an INFJ and he's...wonderful. Completely head over heels in love with him. Real, lasting, day to day, unconditional love. Words would never really do him justice, and I'm not one to place people on irrational pedestals (thank you Ti) but he's bright, quiet, mysterious, caring, extremely intuitive. I used to think I was really intuitive, and he just puts me to absolute shame. I just like Idealists in general, but I tend to reach a deeper level of connection with the introverted idealists.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.