The smiths
    Radiohead
    Arctic Monkeys
    Vampire Weekend

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2010, 22:08
    The Smiths

Other groups that I can't think of at the moment...

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2010, 22:07
    Smiths, Bright Eyes, Radiohead.

Also interesting would be to discuss the influence of The Beatles onto Indie.

• i think it began with rubber soul, pet sounds and the v.u. and nico . that really laid the ground work for later influences like...

post punk (television, talking heads, bowie, eno, smiths) then the transition between punk (now that i think about it probably also the MC5) (minutemen, husker du, violent femmes) and "classic" indie rock in the 80s/90s with sonic youth, the pixies, the nirvana, pavement, etc.

oh also neil young has a huge influence on tons of folk-rock bands as well as being one to encourage grunge.

• ooh then elephant 6 would be the newer movement (made in the 90s but of montreal and neutral milk hotel are still huge influences

• For me, most important bands would be...
    1. The Velvet Underground - influenced everything who came after
    2. Wire - among the first to change from punk to post-punk
    3. Joy Division
    4. The Jesus and Mary Chain
    5. The Smiths
    6. Sonic Youth

• The Velvet Underground, the Beach Boys, the C86 sound, and the Elephant 6 collective.

• Jimmy Eat World, Muse (are they indie? idk) and The Strokes

Faris fucking Badwan. That is all.
  • Built To Spill, Smiths, Pavement

Issac Brock is God
  • Of Montreal have gone pretty famous lately and Animal Collective opened the way to lots of followers

• pedrowtf sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 okt 2011, 16:58
    led zeppelin

• Chrysa85 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 nov 2011, 17:56

• messnoir sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2011, 08:11
    snusnu and the radioactive lychees

• The Strokes, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, The Libertines, The Smiths, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys, Rooney...

• Joy Divison também é muito bom.

• Arcade Fire, Editors, phoenix, maximo park, the rascals, bombay bicycle club, foster the people, wolf gang, the last shadow puppets,the rakes, the rifles, they are alot (:

• As far as late 70s/early 80s stuff, it doesn't get much more influential than Public Image Ltd. Along with bands like the Fall and Gang of Four, PiL really spurred on the whole post-punk movement that was so influential to the indie scene

• The Replacements

• Elvis in black leather's "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" was a seminal work representing teenage existential angst post-WWII. He was a man of the people, mainly, pubescent girls, but he was also a rebel, a rebel with a tender side.

• AdyJack sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2012, 05:54
    Pixies, The Smiths, Editors, The Strokes, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys are the best.

• Geeshi sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2013, 07:43
    modest mouse!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.