What kinda books are you reading right now?

• What kinda books are you reading right now?

Well, the question explains itself.

I'm reading a book called 'two little girls in blue' by Mary Higgins Clark. I'm also reading 'The Odyssey' by Homer for a school assiongment. I just got done like, literally, this morning with Mary Higgins Clark's 'No place like home'... whoa, do I feel like a nerd0_o

Jezabelizma
  • Malleus Maleficarum (The Hammer of Witches)... fascinating ;)
    Dean Koontz- Intensity - I prefer King than Koontz, but DK is also good

"Few creatures of the night have captured our imagination like vampires...
    What explains our enduring fascination with vampires?
    What is it about the vampire myth that explains our interest?
    Is it the overtones of sexual lust, power, control...
    Or is it a fascination with the immortality of the undead?
    And what dark and hidden parts of our psyche are aroused and captivated
    By the legends of the undead"
  • Novels I'm reading:
    Ulysses by James Joyce
    The Iliad by Homer
    Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (university project)
    The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Shea & Wilson

Poets I'm reading:
    Dante (The Divine Comedy)
    John Keats
    Percy Bysshe Shelley
    William Blake
    William Wordsworth
    Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Lord Byron
    Felicia Hemans
    Charlotte Smith
    Mary Robinson

Aside from all that I'm also reading a hell of a lot of literary theory; it feels like I'm covering absolutely everything from the Enlightenment to Post-Modernism, though I'm trying to concentrate on Psychoanalysis as that's what I'm covering in the debate at the end of the semester...

• Tons of manga, as per usual.

But 'normal' book wise, Midnight Falcon by David Gemmel, aswell as some assorted Terry Pratchett books I have lying about.

Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural stupidity.
  • I'm reading various books by Albert Camus at the moment.

And some Descartes and Utopia for school.

And a bit of Machiavelli.

• PanLobo sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 apr 2008, 17:08
    I've recently ended "Il libro dei labirinti" (Paolo Santarcangeli) and starting "Being and Time" (Martin Heidegger)

• annagen sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 apr 2008, 19:11
    I just got Dreamers of the Day by Maria Doria Russell (which I'm really excited about, T. E. Lawrence is one of my peculiar obsessions) and the first Flashman book (author's name eludes me – something McDonald) from the library.

• The forum is quite dead but I will post my response anyway. Right now I'm reading the third novel by King in a row. At the moment, it's "Gerald's Game". I hope that forum will be brought to life...

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 sep 2008, 17:21
    I am in between books right now. Just finished a book about strange happenings throughout the world (as in: ufo's) My next book will be Quantico by Greg Bear (scifi)

• I can't read one book at a time.

Tim Flannery - The Weather Makers: The History and Future Impact of Climate Change
    +
    Saul Bellow - Ravelstein
    +
    Flannery O'Connor - The Violent Bear It Away

Where's your lover now?
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 nov 2008, 11:00
    Jack Vance - a collection of stories: Sulwens Planet, The Moon Moth, The devil on Salvation Bluff, Assault on a city, Abercrombie Station, Ullward's retreat and The brains of Earth

• Mii85 sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2009, 22:08
    Silence by Shūsaku Endō
    Silence (沈黙, Chinmoku) is a 1966 novel of historical fiction by Japanese author Shusaku Endo drawn from the oral histories of Kakure Kirishitan and Hanare Kirishitan communities in Japan. It is the story of a fictional Jesuit missionary sent to seventeenth century Japan, who endured persecution in the time of Kakure Kirishitan ("Hidden Christians") that followed the defeat of the Shimabara Rebellion. The recipient of the 1966 Tanizaki Prize, it has been called "Endo’s supreme achievement" and "one of the twentieth century’s finest novels". Written mostly in the form of a letter by its central character, the theme of a silent God who accompanies a believer in adversity was greatly influenced by the Catholic Endo's experience of religious discrimination in Japan, racism in France and debilitating tuberculosis. | Source: Wikipedia

• Mark Oliver Everett aka Mr E (Eels) 'Things The Grandchildren Should Know', again!

• I'm currently reading One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest by Ken Kesey.

• Right now I am starting:

Michael Fishwick - Sacrifices

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.