Click here for article
30 mar 2011, 23:54 av grimmlessJacob Barnett has an IQ of 170 - higher than Albert Einstein - and is now so far advanced in his Indiana university studies that professors are lining him up for a post doctorate research role.
Click here for article
13 jul 2010, 21:48 av x_modern_way_xStep 1: Open up whatever MP3 program you use and add every song in your collection.
Step 2: Put it on random.
Step 3: Post the first line from the first 30 songs
that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 4: Post and let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 5: Bold the songs that someone guesses correctly.
Step 6: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
1 - Load up on guns, Bring your friends
2 - Broken hearts and torn up letters (bit obvious lol)
3 - Sailing silver waves, trough the skies and round your eyes.
4 - I fell asleep on the last night train.
5 - I'm wasting the time with you, my baby
6 - When you first left me, i was wanting more.
7 - Because i'm happy to be sad, i want it all i want it bad.
8 - I believe in you and me, I'm coming to find you.
9 - I know you suffered, but i don't want you to hide.
10 - Attention, Pay Attention
11 - Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty (damn another obvious one)
12 - End to it all, falling down.
13 - There we were, Thick as thieves.
14 - Birds flying high, you know how i feel.
15 - Then i went down into the basement...
16 - I would like to write you a letter.
17 - Like all the boys before,
18 - In a desert you're standing.
19 - Last night these two bouncers.
20 - So i say, Is that all that matters anymore?
21 - I'm sure i've seen this look before.
22 - So.... Everything is average nowadays...
23 - Take me into the night... And i'm an easy lover...
24 - I remember nights out when we were young...
25 - Soaking though...
26 - My friends are so depressed.
27 - Road trippin' with my two favourite allies?
28 - In the morning, i could take the burning sun
29 - Do you have the time, to listen to me whine, about nothing and everything all at once?
30 - Go ahead as you waste your with days thinking.
to be continued... forgot to continue it, done it now :D i can't remember a few of them though... lol
27 mar 2011, 20:10 av grimmlessSat 26 Mar – Peter Murphy
was simply incredible. He was elegant, funny, self-deprecating in a humorous fashion, sincere, and very interactive with the audience.
As for the music itself, he started off the set with 3 new songs from his upcoming album (a total of four for the set), and they were heavy and brilliant. I'm rather excited to hear the new album when it hits in June (I just downloaded the new single for I Spit Roses, from iTunes, which includes the b-side The Prince & Old Lady Shade - only a couple of dollars and well worth it.) He included 2 Bauhaus songs and a cover of Nine Inch Nails song Hurt. From his own library, he pulled heavily from his seminal album, 1990's Deep as well as Cascade (1995).
He was very intense and used his body to express himself while performing; sometimes pointing a finger off into the distance, or his entire body, face to the ground. He danced around quite a bit, consistently interacting with other band members and the audience. For a few songs, he would spin round in a manner that much reminded me of Dave Gahan live. He moon-walked in place for the entire length of another song, He had me dizzy at times, spellbound - and many others, laughing the deepest laughs I've felt in a long times
As he was singing and prancing around on stage, he came round to my side of the audience and was shaking hands/holding hands with various audience members. I raised my hand up to him, as I watched him singing, and he looked at me and gave me the most genuine smile. He then reached down and gave my beard a brief knuckle rub (which, for me, was obviously the coolest thing ever) as he made his way back to the stage to continue the performance.
In the end, he came up on stage with the entire band, arms around each other, bidding adieu. He looked me straight in the eye and mouthed the words "Thank you", with a smile on his face, as well as many others. One of the best concerts, ever!
Peter Murphy wiki
24 mar 2011, 02:45 av grimmlessI received this email blast from depechemode.com:
Depeche Mode "Remixes 2: 81-11" Coming June 6th
On 6 June 2011, Depeche Mode will release Remixes 2: 81-11 on Mute. An inspiring collection of new and classic mixes of material covering their entire career, the album includes remixes of tracks from their 1981 debut Speak And Spell, through to 2009's Sounds Of The Universe, and is the follow-up to 2004's million-plus selling Remixes 81-04. These remixes reinforce Depeche Mode's standing as one of the world's most influential and innovative acts.
Depeche Mode have been at the forefront of remix culture for the best part of three decades and this new compilation includes classic mixes from M83, UNKLE, Trentemøller, François Kervorkian and Dan The Automator, alongside all-new mixes from Stargate, Eric Prydz, Karlsson & Winnberg (from Miike Snow) and Röyksopp. In addition to this, the expanded editions include exclusive remixes by former band members Vince Clarke and Alan Wilder - the first time either artist has remixed tracks for their former colleagues.
Remixes 2: 81-11 will be available in two different CD formats; Single and Triple Disc versions, as well as Downloads and as a 6 x 12" vinyl LP box set.
Highlights from the selection of classic mixes include reworkings of "Dream On" from 2001's Exciter, "Suffer Well," "John the Revelator" and "A Pain That I'm Used To" from 2006's Playing The Angel and "In Chains," "Peace" and "Wrong" from 2009's Sounds Of The Universe, while the new mixes include "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and "Puppets" from 1981's Speak And Spell, "Never Let Me Down Again" and "Behind The Wheel" from Music For The Masses as well as "A Question Of Time" from 1986's Black Celebration. Lead single "Personal Jesus", from 1990's Violator, also features several strong remixes as part of the package. The Remixes 2: 81-11 tracklisting is as follows.
1. Dream On - Bushwacka Tough Guy Mix Edit (2001)
2. Personal Jesus - The Stargate Mix (2011)
3. Suffer Well - M83 Remix (2006)
4. John The Revelator - UNKLE Reconstruction (2006)
5. In Chains - Tigerskin's No Sleep Remix Edit (2011)
6. Peace - SixToes Remix (2009)
7. Tora! Tora! Tora! - Karlsson And Winnberg (from Miike Snow) Remix (2011)
8. Never Let Me Down Again - Eric Prydz Remix (2011)
9. I Want It All - Roland M.Dill Remix (2011)
10. Wrong - Trentemøller Remix (2009)
11. Puppets - Röyksopp Remix (2011)
12. Everything Counts - Oliver Huntemann And Stephan Bodzin Dub (2006)
13. A Pain That I'm Used To - Jacques Lu Cont Remix (2005)
1. Dream On - Bushwacka Tough Guy Mix (2001)
2. Suffer Well - M83 Remix (2006)
3. John The Revelator - UNKLE Reconstruction (2006)
4. In Chains - Tigerskin's No Sleep Remix (2009)
5. Peace - SixToes Remix (2009)
6. Lilian - Chab Vocal Remix Edit (2006)
7. Never Let Me Down Again - Digitalism Remix (2006)
8. Corrupt - Efdemin Remix (2009)
9. Everything Counts - Oliver Huntemann And Stephan Bodzin Dub (2006)
10. Happiest Girl - The Pulsating Orbital Vocal Mix (1990)
11. Walking In My Shoes - Anandamidic Mix (1993)
12. Personal Jesus - The Stargate Mix (2011)
13. Slowblow - Darren Price Mix (1997)
1. Wrong - Trentemøller Club Remix (2009)
2. World In My Eyes - Dub In My Eyes (1990)
3. Fragile Tension - Peter Bjorn and John Remix (2009)
4. Strangelove - Tim Simenon/Mark Saunders Remix (1998)
5. A Pain That I'm Used To - Jacques Lu Cont Remix (2005)
6. The Darkest Star - Monolake Remix (2006)
7. I Feel You - Helmet At The Helm Mix (1993)
8. Higher Love - Adrenaline Mix Edit (2004)
9. Fly On The Windscreen - Death Mix (1985)
10. Barrel Of A Gun - United Mix (1997)
11. Only When I Lose Myself - Dan The Automator Mix (1998)
12. Ghost - Le Weekend Remix (2009)
1. Personal Jesus - Alex Metric Remix Edit (2011)
2. Never Let Me Down Again - Eric Prydz Remix (2011)
3. Behind The Wheel - Vince Clarke Remix (2011)
4. Leave In Silence - Claro Intelecto 'The Last Time' Remix (2011)
5. In Chains - Alan Wilder Remix (2011)
6. When The Body Speaks - Karlsson And Winnberg Remix (2011)
7. Puppets - Röyksopp Remix (2011)
8. Tora! Tora! Tora! - Karlsson And Winnberg (from Miike Snow) Remix (2011)
9. Freestate - Clark Remix (2011)
10. I Want It All - Roland M. Dill Remix (2011)
11. A Question Of Time - Joebot Presents 'Radio Face' Remix (2011)
12. Personal Jesus - Sie Medway-Smith Remix (2011)
Depeche Mode belongs to a select premier league of groups who have survived from the early 1980s with their ideals, creative vision and core members intact. Formed in 1981, Depeche Mode - Martin Gore, Dave Gahan and Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher - continue to win critical and commercial acclaim across the world both in the studio and on the road. All of the band's 11 studio albums have reached the Top Ten in not only the UK and USA but 20 plus countries around the world including Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, and Belgium. All told the band has sold more than 95 million albums worldwide.
26 feb 2010, 17:50 av JaX3RiRJust got around to finishing this little bit of code, which I find very useful. To skip the yap-yap and see the code, scroll to the end of the journal.
This code will, basically, show if the currently playing track has been scrobbled to Last.fm or not, and if not, then how many seconds is left until the scrobble. It is not related to the Last.fm service at all however, so any errors or such will not be notified of. Does not need any other plugins to work, either.
Not playing = Play to start Last.fm scrobble
Track shorter than 30 seconds / internet stream = Unable to scrobble current track
49% - 51% played = Scrobbling...
Under 50% played = Last.fm scrobble in X seconds
Over 50% played = Scrobbled to Last.fm
Works completely without *any* foobar plugins at all, it doesn't even matter if you use foo_audioscrobbler or the official Last.fm scrobbler.
Play to start Last.fm scrobble:
Last.fm scrobble in X seconds:
Scrobbled to Last.fm:
Unable to scrobble current track (shorter than 30 seconds):
Unable to scrobble current track (internet stream):
$if(%isplaying%,$ifgreater(30,%length_seconds%,'Unable to scrobble current track',
$ifgreater(%playback_time_seconds%,360,'Scrobbled to Last.fm','Last.fm scrobble in '
$div(%length_seconds%,2),'Scrobbled to Last.fm','Last.fm scrobble in '
$div(%length_seconds%,2)),-1) 'seconds')))),'Play to start Last.fm scrobble')
Put it where you like in foobar -- I recommend the great plugin Columns UI for more panels and options!
Should you have any questions, suggestions, feedback, bug notifications or such information, feel free to comment on this journal or on my profile - every shout is appreciated! :)
Escape From Planet Monday
At Play Vol. 2
25 / February / 2010:
- Shows if track is scrobbled or not, after either 50% or 75%
01 / March / 2010:
- Shows time left until scrobble as a negative number (will be fixed later)
04 / March / 2010:
- Scrobble time fixed, now shows up as a positive number followed by text
14 / March / 2010:
- If music is not playing, the code advises to start playback
- Screenshots of different statuses added to description
22 / March / 2010:
- Different statuses fixed, a few grammar and punctuation errors among others
- Screenshots updated to reflect the new look
03 / April / 2010:
- If song is longer than 12 min., will show that it's been scrobbled after 6 min.
- If song is shorter than 30 seconds, shows that it can't be scrobbled
- Shows internet streams as unscrobble-able
05 / April / 2010
- Now shows "Scrobbling..." when the track has been 49% - 51% played.
- Screenshots added for "Scrobbling..." and "Unable to scrobble track"
25 jun 2009, 14:46 av morguebabeFind the number of listeners for your top 25 artists.
They Might Be Giants 297,783 listeners
Ramones 776,485 listeners
Thelonious Monk 290,357 listeners
Theme Songs 229,665 listeners
Five Iron Frenzy 56,718 listeners
Get Set Go 60,873 listeners
Rush 439,537 listeners
New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble 27,019 listeners
James Brown 620,211 listeners)
Nirvana 1,749,999 listeners
Relient K 326,062 listeners
Chevelle 419,787 listeners
The Smashing Pumpkins 1,332,430 listeners
Miles Davis 633,385 listeners
Goo Goo Dolls 885,995 listeners
CKY 260,388 listeners
Green Day 1,543,497 listeners
Guns N' Roses 1,315,528 listeners
New York Dolls 157,290 listeners
Bob Marley & The Wailers 663,410 listeners
The Who 1,162,728 listeners
Metallica 1,380,579 listeners
Barenaked Ladies 423,655 listeners
Billie Holiday 545,689 listeners
Little Richard 203,810 listeners
divide by 25
Divide by the number of Coldplay listeners. (2,197,746 )
28.7 = 29% Mainstream.
10 apr 2009, 23:55 av EnfermoCerebroFind the number of listeners for your top 25 artists.
Cold - 234,232 listeners
Papa Roach - 759,775 listeners
Marilyn Manson - 899,946 listeners
Pain - 151,082 listeners
Exilia - 50,857 listeners
Ünloco - 82,891 listeners
Nickelback - 945,355 listeners
Dope - 234,532 listeners
Soilwork - 205,563 listeners
Слот - 19,463 listeners
Revelation Theory - 34,860 listeners
Crossfade - 249,004 listeners
SOiL - 222,526 listeners
Saliva - 308,246 listeners
Charon - 90,517 listeners
Entwine - 93,321 listeners
Delain - 50,162 listeners
Atreyu - 359,388 listeners
Scorpions - 580,892 listeners
Theory of a Deadman - 164,378 listeners
In This Moment - 37,708 listeners
Ill Niño - 280,917 listeners
Breaking Benjamin - 551,551 listeners
Zeromancer - 64,486 listeners
Guano Apes - 472,026 listeners
Divide by 25.
Divide by the number of Coldplay listeners. (2,197,746 )
Multiply by 100 and round, if necessary.
17 mar 2009, 23:14 av psykatty
Kevin Rowland ....creeped out?
The Handsome Beasts
The Frivolous Five .....oh yeah. Old women covered in sour cream.
Manowar ...... n/m, all Manowar album covers are hilarious and you know it
Xiu Xiu ... the actual cover doesn't have the orange box
Johnny Houston ... sexy
.... yeah. Original is not censored on this one either.
... nice hair
Prince He has a few other creepy ones as well but, you only get one for now.
They're a blind trio and they call themselves the Braillettes. How awesome is that.
the best one
Feel free to share if you have any suggestions for the list!
5 jan 2009, 05:11 av ServalCatIt's not likely to ever happen, but if Oasis were to release a second B-Side compilation album, like The Masterplan, what would your ideal track listing be? Mine is:
01 - Flashbax
02 - Cloudburst
03 - Idler's Dream
04 - Round Are Way
05 - Sad Song
06 - D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?
07 - Carry Us All
08 - Just Getting Older
09 - (I Got) The Fever
10 - Step Out
11 - Angel Child
12 - Let's All Make Believe
5 nov 2008, 20:17 av jellyfrog23Finding new artists to get excited about this week --
The Dog Days
Both indie/folk rock and lovely. And The Dog Days has an entire album of free downloads. FREE. ALBUM. How can you go wrong? That kind of thing makes my week.
Edit: Okay, one more! The Sleeping Years. OMG, love at first listen.
I find some of my favorite music at Central Point.