How do you listen to your cd's?

• i listen to my cds on my stereo or on my laptop at work (headphones :p ) if i cant listen to the cd in winamp, i rip it. 190kbps.. more than enough at work.

• Miaaaw sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 okt 2007, 11:19
    DrakarD:

I could rip in 128kbps =D ["And you will go in Hell *_*"] ^_^

160kbps, it's enough for me because I need space on my computer and my iPod. I use my CDs on my PC and I usually use my iPod when I fall asleep or when I'm in the train, often to cover people who speak very loud [and I can't heard the music most of the time T_T].

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 okt 2007, 12:14
    Miaaaw said:
    DrakarD:
    I could rip in 128kbps =D ["And you will go in Hell *_*"] ^_^

It's yr choise...
    but there is no sense at all

I'm not so lazy and it's not difficult for me to synchronize my I-pod several times per week

Miaaaw said:
    DrakarD:
    160kbps, it's enough for me because I need space on my computer and my iPod.

Buy new drive or write yr music on DvD-R

Miaaaw said:
    DrakarD:
    I can't heard the music most of the time T_T].

I got it... probably u use standard I-pod phones...and they suck...
    also for European version of I-pod-s Apple set bounds on the maximum sound level (I have no ideas why they did it)
    U need to patch it...

nevertheless I will make FAQ concerning ripping CD-s...
    cause there is an abyssal differnece in sound quality if u rip CD-s properly...

and proper mp3 codec is cardinal! so there is a great difference between 320kb/s mp3 ripped by shitty Windows Media Player (which shears high frequencies at 16Hhz) and EAC

in other words - bitrate is a relatival magnitude

• I usually rip them onto my computer at either 224 or 256 depending on the length of the tracks. That and I listen to alot of my music on my mp3 player.

• Användare
    • 25 okt 2007, 16:50
    Biggim said:
    DrakarD sagte:
    Miaaaw said:
    I rip the songs with iTunes [mp3, 160kbps]

that's blasphemy! =))
    for the sake of what u buy CD-s if u rip in such shitty quality?!

oh ripping music with not too high rates (like 160 oder 128) has often reasons of space on your hard drive - i for example rip with 128 kb for two reasons:
    i want to have at least 500 tracks on my 4GB iPod - which is impossible when you rip with higher rates (i tested it ...)
    and for second i don't have enough spac on my music drive anymore - two friends of mine who also have iPods are storing their music on my drive (we bought it together several years ago - might have been 1 year ago ^^) this drive has about 56 GB capacity - there are 45 GB of my on music (in 128 kb/s) and 10 GB which belong to my friends.
    if i would rip with 320kb/s i would need 2.5 times more capacity - and i don't have this much - i HAVE about 1.3TB capacity, but this is needed for fotos and espacially for my games collection)

greetings

You can store more than 500 tunes when they have a normal (3 to 6 minutes) length.
    On my player (it also has about 4,7 GB) I was able to store about 700 tunes with a quality of VBR 2 with an average bitrate of ~224 kBit/s.

I prefer FLAC much more. It just fits more to a freak like me. My disk-setup:
    I just bought a 250 GB (or better 232 GB) harddisk and I will completely use it for my music. In three months that hdd will turn into the system drive and then I will use one (or maybe two) 500GB disks to store my music.

I calculated that my whole cd-collection will take about 120GB as FLAC. As MP3 in the mentioned quality it would take 20GB. So it's a bit higher on disk usage, but who cares when he can make perfect copies?

• Bucky21 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 okt 2007, 17:57
    I always rip my new CDs. Because my CD-player is broken and I'm to lazy to change the CD. So I hear them only on my PC.

• Cygnus-X sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 okt 2007, 00:21

Re:How do you listen to your cd's?

Sentient169 said:
    Do you rip your cd's? if so what codec do you use?

Or do you use a stereo?

I always rip my CDs in Flac. Flac is a free, open source codec and there is no quality loss. Also, with hard drive prices insanely cheap, I don't mind really. A 320 gig drive is 90$ Canadian, dirt cheap. My 300 or so CDs fit in about 160 gigs. I even put a second drive as RAID 1 mirror because I am too lazy to re-rip them in case my disk dies.

Flac is awesome!

• MetalDex sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 okt 2007, 09:20
    I just listen to them on my stereo. It's an old one I got from my parents when they bought a new one. Never had any problems with it, so no reason to complain ;) I rip al my cd's with CDex, just 190kbps, mp3. I don't care about the 5218 kpbs and flac-shit, it's never been a problem to me, always enjoyed my music.
    I also have a LP player, talk about quality, eh?

• at work I play them through the PC and I also download them onto my iPod so I can listen to them in the car or gym.

Doom or Be Doomed!
    • IcedDog sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 okt 2007, 02:53
    For my car I burn copies. At home, I listen via my Archos Jukebox MP3 player and nice Sennheiser 555 headphones. I rarely rip my own discs as I download scene releases (Lame VBR MP3s are standard). Occasionally the scene will lag on something and I'll buy and rip it myself So yes, I download A LOT, but of course also buy what I like. And I periodically backup my MP3s to DVD in case my external HD fails.

• IcedDog said:
    So yes, I download A LOT, but of course also buy what I like. And I periodically backup my MP3s to DVD in case my external HD fails.

I know what you mean, I buy what i like, but have a far more extensive collection of mp3, and i sometimes rip my cds, though i refuse to accept the greatness of VBR, i ussually go for 192K CBR.
    I listen to my mp3 collection on my computer or my ipod
    But my CD collection i listen to at home, and this is gonna sound weird but my home's main CD player is a little off from the lens system, so i connect a dvd player to the speakers through the stereo, and play them on that

My name is Ymer and I come from Ginnungagap

Join Vampiria the best Gothic Metal from Argentina
    INTEGRAL @ YOYO
    • Användare
    • 30 okt 2007, 14:20
    I get a CD.
    I open the box.
    I pull out the CD.
    I put it in my PC.
    I rip it using EAC to FLAC using Secure Mode for archiving purposes.
    I then make a V2 or V0 (depending on how complex the CDs audio spectrum is) conversion using dbPowerAmp for listening on MP3 Player or laptop.

I then put the CD back in the box, and put it safely away. I might open the box again to get out the booklet when I listen to the CD, but I never take the CD out again.

I have a panic fear about getting scratches or fingerprints or other damage to my CDs, they're my children.

So yes, I download A LOT, but of course also buy what I like.

I agree here. I do this too. I have a huge MP3 collection, and a somewhat large CD collection. I wish I could replace all my MP3s by CDs though. Definitely now OiNK is dead. When I downloaded MP3s from OiNK at least the quality was good. Shit from Demonoid or public P2P is usually in horrible quality. Shit like 128 kbps often even with pops and clicks (which DO NOT add personality to the music, silly P2P rippers. They're rip errors because you don't know how to use a proper ripper)

• Användare
    • 30 okt 2007, 15:17
    Sneltrekker said:
    I have a panic fear about getting scratches or fingerprints or other damage to my CDs, they're my children.

=))))

Sneltrekker said:
    I rip it using EAC to FLAC using Secure Mode for archiving purposes.

They're rip errors because you don't know how to use a proper ripper)

+1

EAC FAQ

• Yeah I rip the CDs on the computer, sync the music with my iPod and then either listen to it on the iPod, or on my stereo.

Never mind my username.
    • Användare
    • 24 aug 2008, 19:24
    I listen to the music either on my stereo or on my computer... depends on what I'm doing that day... Hehe... I'm surprised I haven't got any noise complaints yet :p

I always rip my music at 192 kbps.

• _wnd_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2008, 11:06
    I listen to my CDs on my hi-fi stereo system, lying on my sofa with lights off and drinking beer or whiskey.. :) most of my CDs are funeral doom :)

But I am listening to CDs at home very rarely, because simly have no time for this.

• When I buy a new CD, I always listen to it on the stereo the first time. Then I rip it into the computer using itunes and after that I mosty listen to it on the computer or on my ipod...

• selmixxx sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 sep 2008, 09:06
    i always listen cds as cd... only when i travel a sometimes rip them to ogg (-q 6) and listen on my handheld... however i also have some mp3s on my disk for ages, so i prefer to listen to them when i am outside, then i sometimes find some new music which is worth to buy later

• I rip them to my computer, using iTunes at 320 kbps, and put 'em on my mp3 player to listen to them walking to school or whatever. Occasionally, I'll put CDs in my stereo, but it acts like it has a mind of it's own, so I'm generally reduced to using my PC when at home.

• I just rip my CDs because of the family pet who can't stand my music. :(

And a garage made from the souls of little children?
    • Användare
    • 25 okt 2008, 12:42
    On My Computer with 192 - 292 kbps, with a 2.1 stereo plant.

• This is actually a hard one to answer, as I do it in so many different ways...

I guess the most common way these days are on my computer where every CD I own has been ripped in flac...but I also enjoy CD's on all my stereos. Mainly in the 'library' where the best stereo rig is, but also with headphones all around the house. The last one is usually used when the wife is home ;)

• Aeterna_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2008, 13:03
    I rip all of my CDs into iTunes. Or I use my iPod when I'm on the road. These days I barely listen to music using my stereo.

• cuber3 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jan 2009, 16:55
    I rip mine to 320kbps using EAC.
    Then I put the mp3's with the rest of my music, on an external HDD.
    Sync my iPod, then usually listen either through my PC speakers (they're more than decent) and through my iPod.
    I replaced the original headphones though, the volume was way too low (and I have the new Classic 160GB, which isn't patchable yet, as far as I know)

I might go ahead and rip my CD's to FLAC someday, but up until now I haven't really bothered. Might do that as the collection grows though..
    I hardly ever play any CD's on the stereo though (I think I only did that like once or perhaps twice :P)

• Buy -> Rip w/iTunes @ 320kbps (MP3) -> listen w/iTunes or my ipod

I'll listen to the CD sometimes in the car, but other than that, it then gets stored :D

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.