Any new music discovered recently?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2011, 09:03
    Ov Hell: Rather good black metal act formed from the post-split limbo of Gorgoroth

• Seranya sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 feb 2011, 10:37
    Crystal Castles - I can't believe I just heard about them :O they are so amazing! "Empathy" is my favourite song from them:

• gracebot sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 feb 2011, 11:02
    Swallow the Sun I hear of them before but I didn't like their music till recently and now I love them!

I ♥ Finnish Metal
    • Vesl sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 mar 2011, 12:29
    Conjure One. Cool stuff!

• Jan74 sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 mar 2011, 19:41
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2011, 09:48

Gancher: Techstep drum n' bass dj who collaborates/remixes a lot of his work with another man called Ruin. I'm obsessed with hard dnb that sounds like a stuck vinyl record, and Gancher's work is gloriously straightforward and uncomplicated. If you liked what you heard above you should definately search for Paranoia (Ruin Remix) and Virus.

Park Seung Jun: Flagship member of South Koreas electroacoustic/improvisation scene. He is one of the most dynamic and interesting proponents of making the most noise by the most banal and ordinary of electronic equipment. Caution, the performance above is rather loud!

Dopethrone: Presumably named after that benchmark Electric Wizard album, Dopethrone peddle a slightly bluesier brand of doom. I love the rough-as-nails vocal styles on this track.

Black Pus: Solo project of Lightning Bolt's Brian Chippendale is every bit as zany and loveable as you'd hope it would be and more. The above song has some lovely, vaguely martial drumming and projects a very real feeling of art brut.

• Användare
    • 10 apr 2011, 18:49
    Today I came across a very odd noise/antimusic duo who i'm at least 100% sure you won't like at all, called Barry Ouimet and Frank Hatt who go by the name Damaged Testicles.

Imagine what an untrained sore throat pushed to its vocal limits sounds like, or aimless percussion seemingly made from whatever broken material happened to be on hand. Sometimes these elements are pushed to stupidly minimal levels that would push the patience and attention span of even the most devoted noise fan - occasionally giving over to almost orgiastic tribal pan-bashing. Seemingly no effort has been made to improve the recording quality or synchronize the tracks, its all so gloriously cut n' paste and direct to tape. 3 Shock Torture Therapy

• Niniwech sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2011, 14:18
    I constantly discover new music, mostly it's not at all obscure only I didn't know it yet.
    Those met my approval:
    Brooklyn Bounce
    Sabbath Assembly

• Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

Though I suspect most of you have heard of them already, they are new to me. I really like them.

That guinea pig in my avatar? His name is Benny.
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2011, 10:25
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2011, 15:09

Hex Noir: Disbeat black metal punks from Ohio that are more krieg than Satan's bumhole.
    Waste

Stratvm Terror: Complex and heavily layered death industrial that is more sinister than Himmler's scrotum.
    When A Spermatozoon Is Getting
    Anti-Static Systematic Cloning

The Vomit Arsonist: Harsh noise project that has slowly developed into a fearsome death industrial act (despite the horrendous name) ;p
    Power

• Walknut very good black metal, unfortunately they only released one album.

The Cat Empire nice ska band with good-mood music

Elvis Presley never listend to him because I thought he's boring, but it's just brilliant

Mark Lanegan good singer-songwriter with an amazing voice

Finn. just brilliant.

wer morgens später aufsteht hält abends länger durch.
  • Found these ones thanks to iTunes Canada's free music. Usually don't like the guys they put music for. That's why they're mostly female artists... that and I tend to like females more anyway. =P

Kate Voegele
    Austra
    Yelle
    Cécile Hercule
    Ingrid St-Pierre
    Ledisi
    Lou Canon
    Marième
    Matthew Barber
    Lindi Ortega
    Oh Land

I'm slow when it comes to popular music, since I don't pay much attention but found Ellie Goulding recently. Also recently got into Sade and after giving her a fair shake I now enjoy Nicki Minaj.

• Kalmah, which isn't really a new discovery. Can't believe i overlooked this band.

They sound even better live :)

• Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

• mhybride sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2011, 01:09
    • Användare
    • 29 aug 2011, 18:41

Not so much a 'new band, more an artist i've rather stupidly overlooked. Some of you have probably already heard Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows fronted and conceived by transgender Anna-Varney Cantodea. Absolutely exceptional dark cabaret music.

The Rita is Canadas premier harse noise wall act. Proponent of near endless barrages of filth-encrusted anti-musical sound.

• Galneryus
    Why did I never listen to them? It seems like I have ignored them somehow. Big mistake. But since I gave their music a serious listen yesterday I'm totally in love with it.

• Öszibarack : Awesome polish band. Reminds me of Moloko

• Certainly. I think the most recent discovery I made was Ipo Pharr a YouTube pop artist. I've been on a kind of a Katy Perry shared her cover of The One That Got Away on facebook. I loved it, went to her site to check her out. She had a free download of an Acoustic version of one of her songs. And some adverts for her EP on iTunes. So I downloaded the free song, and bought her EP then and there.

First one of the year was Melanie Fiona a great R&B artist. I found her on the iOS Vevo app. I've found quite a few artists that way. Her video for 4 AM was on the 'featured' stuff (or whatever the homepage/start page is called) for awhile. I passed it up multiple times. Then one day just clicked it to check it out. Now it's one of my favorite songs. And she's Canadian. I love supporting Canadian artists. Haven't bought her first album yet though (bought 4 AM video and song on iTunes though), but will buy her Sophomore album that's on the way day 1.

• Randwer sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 feb 2012, 16:25
    Dillon - Tip Tapping

Tu Fawning - Sad Story

They don't trust us, why should we trust them, then?
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2012, 17:45

†‡†: Witch house extroadinaire whose fashionably obtuse character map sourced name is pronounced "ritualz".

Aphrodite: Brings me back to a simpler time in drum n' bass, something I caught the cusp of in my teenage years - before all that Pendulum 'stadium dnb' tripe overran the airwaves (i'm sorry to sound like a no-good snob, but those people wouldn't know what bass drop was if it sodomized them to death)

Drudkh: Not so much a new discovery as a 'reacqauintance' with a long overlooked favorite of mine. Absolutely stellar track from an album I ought to buy called Blood In Our Wells. For fans atmospheric mid-paced black metal.

Dub Elements: Technoid drum n' bass for fans of low-end sci-fi synth-enhanced bassline worship.

Front Beast: Gnarly and old-school German no frills black metal.

Gancher: I know i've posted this guy before, but I can't help spaffing myself over some of this gentlemans material. Stupidly repetetive hardstyle tempo-shifting drum n' bass.

Genocide Organ: I've known of them for less than a year and yet they have steadily become one of my favorite bands in the world, i'm still kicking myself for having missed one of the worlds most well known and well-liked industrial/power electronics units. If you don't listen to anything else by them other than the ferocious Hail America (posted above) then you wouldn't be doing yourself a disservice.

IRM: I've been a fan of the Swedish death industrial duo IRM for some time, but this song is one that has inexcusably slipped from my attention until now. The robotic vocal distortions, combined with the cavernous klang of the piano and overheard snippets of the frightening lyrical content builds an atmospher that I can only compare to the performances of Viennese Actionists or the work of Marina Abramovic.

John Maus: Demonstrates the skewed charm and inherant weirdness of synth pop with his own brand of lo-fi underfunded anthemics. Nostalgic and retro enough to be utterly cool, but distorted and melancholic enough to avoid being cynical pastiche.

Wulfgravf: UGBM from the US that frankly sounds like a bloody mess. You'll either love this or hate it, depending on your tolerance for soviet-bloc style recording quality :p

Young Empires: I couldn't ell you much about this band other than what I think of this song. Im,agine Midnight Juggernauts with a penchant for deep house and fronted by boyband vocalists who just so happened to be fans of Die Warzau.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.