Famous books that i didn't liked...

• Famous books that i didn't liked...

We always heard about those books who everyone should read because they won some award, are bestsellers, are written by important authors or whatever... and when we read it we say: oh, that's it? :/

In my personal experience, i read "La invención de Morel" by Bioy Casares, and even though it's a good book, well written, etc. i did'nt enjoyed it as much as i tought i would....

how about you? =O

• chbosky_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2010, 08:59
    1984 by George Orwell did absolutely nothing for me. I know so many people are going to disagree with me on that one, but I can't help it. I found it honestly dull and it only really improved towards the end. Though who knows, maybe a second-reading would improve it for me..

• Over Rated

The specific:
    - Emma by Jane Austen
    - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
    - Stranger in a Strangeland by Robert Heinlein
    - The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner

The general:
    - Anything by Ann Rand

I'll Listen To Anything Once
    • lawyerd sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2010, 23:43
    .... mine would be "La Chartreuse de Parme"-Henri-Marie Beyle [known as Stendhal]

• It's pretty much called high school for me.

But in all fairness, for me two authors fall into this category - Daniel Defoe and Charles Dickens. I got through Robinson Crusoe only because I was a bit sick and my mum ordered me to read it if I wanted to stay at home and not go to school. Dickens, I could never get past fifth page.

• Peyton96 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 feb 2010, 11:11
    definitley Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 feb 2010, 22:54
    teh bible, reeeeelly boring

• Twilight and also charles dickens. And Jane Austen a bit. I just can't read it !

It's stupid when people say the bible. It's a religious book and a lot of people believe in God. It's not a fun story or has a lot of action and stuff.
    You would have known that before you read it so stop complaining.

• haven´t read Twilight, but i'm not interested :/
    ¿the bible? well yeah, it's not a novel so i agree with jessy_hoge

• No matter if you believe in God or not, the bible is far from boring if you're able to make historical and philosophical connections. And, of course, if you skip Numbers.

• The Green Mile by Stephen King.
    Sorry :/

• Definetly Paolo Coelho and Stephenie Meyer .

• Definately Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Also... The Catcher In the Rye
    The Dead School.... it's sitting on one of my bookshelves, mocking me because i had to buy it for college a couple of years back...

I think those are the only ones though....
    I'm quite open-minded when it comes to books

• I remember reading To Kill a Mockingbird during my freshman year of high school. I feel like I should have enjoyed it, and I did like the message, but ugh, the characters weren't likable and I did not like the way it was written.

when the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

--jimi hendrix
    • amber922 sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 feb 2010, 14:01
    I didn`t like The Sorrows of Young Werter at all... It was just too soppy for me xD

"Reality is sometimes stranger than fiction
    Whatever happens in my dreams
    I know it can’t be worse than this
    So I prefer to sleep"
    • sophLOL sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 feb 2010, 16:35

[spam]

[spam]

SXC BEAST
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 7 jan 2011, 22:57
  • No one hit me for this but almost anything Stephen King. The unnecessary detail he goes into loses my attention and ruins my enthusiasm about the book.

• sophLOL sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2010, 15:16

[spam]

[spam]

SXC BEAST
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 7 jan 2011, 22:57
    • Alaizu sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2010, 22:19
    I had to read Frankenstien last semester and I didn't like it much, it didn't hold much interest for me. However, we also read Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert and i was really surprised how much i liked that!!! discovered a new favourite there.

she only wants you when you're twenty one, when you're seventeen, you're too young!
  • Hello everyone!

Well, I thought I was the only one who could not stomach Catcher in the Rye.
    I tried to read it several times and I just could not get myself to do it.

• I've enjoyed most everything I've had to read for a class, except Don Quixote.

I understood the humor and everything, but the pacing was unbelievably slow.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 feb 2010, 13:52
    I thought I'm the only strange here, but I see I'm not the only one who didn't like Catcher in the Rye. It was boring.

• Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, i guess i'm not into literature from the romantic movement and damn was this painful to finish.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling, everything was going so well until the last 200 pages; i'm sorry i know a lot of people loved it but i'm not one of those.

All the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer, i was going to the beach with my family, ended up buying all 4 books in the airport and read all of them in vacations...honestly it was a waste of my time and of paper.

• Eishera sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 feb 2010, 20:21
    I guess it was Fahrenheit 451 for me.

I had to write a test about it in school back then, so I was forced to deal with it, but I didn't like anything about it. The plot, the characters... it didn't stir my emotions at all. Since we spoke about it in school I got the background and meaning quite good, but I can't help the fact that it wasn't interesting me, I didn't like the style of writing, that I was bored and the story didn't enrich me, so it was quite a pain for me to read that.

• chillbox sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 apr 2010, 20:55
    1984. Oh, don't even start with me on how deep it was. It was one of the single most boring books I've ever read in my life thus far. It bored the hell out of me every morning in class, making me doze off, which is rare. It was dull as hell.

Also, every single Stephen King book in existence except Pet Sematary and Misery. He is completely overrated and rambles on and on and on, it's unbelieveable.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.