• "The day before the evening's supposed to happen, the guests ring up and cancel."

Spares by MIcheal Marshall Smith

• switsea sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jul 2009, 04:16
    "...you wanted to be kissed or not. She felt a thousand little feet kicking at her uterus."

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Bible, by Jonathan Goldstein

• "They would make us cut people's legs off."
    -'The scars of death' by Human Rights Watch/Africa, Human Rights Watch Children's Rights Project-

Du kan springa, du kan neka, du kan hoppas,
    Men du kommer aldrig undan, lyssna och lär.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 aug 2009, 21:00
    "- ¡Bendito seas, cariño!... Has sido muy amable de traerme a casa."
    (Holly Golightly)

Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Truman Capote

• Bea-Bee sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 aug 2009, 21:56
    "Zbog toga su ga trazili studenti bezbrojnih podrucja, a ja sam se smatrao sretnim sto sam ga dobio za mentora."

wanna be translation xD:
    Because of that many students asked for his opinion from many areas, and I considered myself lucky to have him as my mentor.

Book: The Historian
    Writer: Elizabeth Kostova

I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars.▲.
  • "There is something strange and disarming about looking at a homicide scene in the bright daylight of the Miami sun."

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsey

When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2009, 19:27
    "Nisam ni pomislio"

Kamen Oproštaja
    Tad Williams

• lheard sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 aug 2009, 15:24
    "Take a moment right now to read these twelve questions, but before you write down your answers, read through the rest of this chapter."

"Brag! The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn without Blowing It" by Peggy Klaus

"...Oh yes, and breasts, and a sweet pear hidden in my body. Whenever there's talk of demons these come in handy..."Half-Hanged Mary", Margaret Atwood
    • ghostelf sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 aug 2009, 22:48
    "What's the agenda for tonight?" I asked. "Business, or pleasure?"

Living dead in Dallas
    Charlaine Harris

• louragan sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2009, 13:05
    "Mrs. John Dashwood said nothing; but her husband civilly hoped that she would not be settled far from Norland."

Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen

• "(...) your eyes and say, "Siva, Sungara, Sungara, Siva, Siva, Sugara and Om"."
    -'The guidebook to the true secret of the heart' by M. R. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen-

• Dilraen sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 aug 2009, 17:15
    "Poliisin solvaaminen ei tässä auta."
    - Pilvilinna joka romahti (Luftslottet som sprängdes) by Stieg Larsson

Jesh.
    • Användare
    • 8 aug 2009, 18:09
    "Jaromil daha okula başlamadan okuma yazmayı biliyordu, bu nedenle annesi doğrudan ikinci sınıfa başlayabileceğini düşündü."

- 'Yaşam Başka Yerde' by Milan Kundera

• Holzhaus sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 aug 2009, 01:12
    "Sie sieht Lotten lächelnd an, hebt einen drohenden Finger auf und nennt den Namen Albert zweimal im Vorbeifliegen mit viel Bedeutung."

- Die Leiden den Jungen Werther by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

»When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.« — Dom Hélder Câmara
  • Her hair was red and stiff and curling prettily at her shoulders; she was smiling, and her heels had been making that sharp, enticing sound on the marble, but now there was only silence around her as the folds of her woolen skirt still moved; she was looking at me with such a strange clever expression; she lifted a small black snub-nosed gun and pointed it at me.

The Tale of the Body Thief by Anne Rice

• Användare
    • 10 aug 2009, 15:18
    "Sub privirile uimite ale lui Pippin, zidurile de un cenuşiu-şters deveniră albe, împurpurându-se uşor în lumina dimineţii; şi dintr-o dată soarele ieşi de după negura de la răsărit şi trimise o rază ce lovi faţa oraşului."

Lord of the Rings (The Return of the King) - J.R.R. Tolkien

• "In 1979, Chuck Norris became the first black man to win the New York city Marathon."

Chuck Norris vs. Mr. T - Ian Spector ( No page numbers so counted the Introduction page as #1)

"As you traverse though life you will encounter a great chasm...Jump! It's not as wide as you think."
  • “No, she’s feeding Willy. Just ask her what, if anything, she knows about a magazine start-up called Node.”

William Gibson "Spook country"

• Användare
    • 11 aug 2009, 10:41
    " De toute façon,il paraissait être quelqu'un à qui l'on pourrait parler si l'on pouvait duper le télécran et le voir seul"

George Orwell "1984"

ps: nice idea Vegeburger!

• jtran767 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 aug 2009, 12:25
    'He could see it all in his mind's eye: himself, coming around the corner of the hemp parcels, seeing the hogshead there, the splintered top, the sugar lying scattered.'

The Secret River- Kate Grenville

aka: worst book ever

• Användare
    • 11 aug 2009, 21:24
    "So you're getting sensible", he said.
    "I'm getting old." Not for years had she felt happier, more content, and therefore youthful. The bill was high and he left in a surly humour.

August Is a Wicked Month, Edna O'Brien

• "...intelligent and, despite his life of brilliance, there wasn't a shred of arrogance in the man." - The Company of Strangers by Robert Wilson

• Holzhaus sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 aug 2009, 13:15
    "There, perhaps the only real proof of the presence of the Devil was the intensity with which everyone at that moment desired to know he was at work......"

- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

»When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.« — Dom Hélder Câmara
  • "I wish to ask you respectfully - respectfully, mind - who wouldn't chuck a dratted job like this?"
    -'Lord Jim' by Joseph Conrad-

• "Netko mora ležati pred buldožerima, zar ne?"
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

×××
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.