The What Are You Reading Thread

• The What Are You Reading Thread

I just started Dan Simmons' Song of Kali. Only 50 pages in but it's quite good.

we let the weirdness in
  • I'm reading "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller. It's a really good play, based on a true story, that happend during the 17 century in Salem, Massachusetts.

• "The Stand" by Stephen King,
    "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte,
    "Paradise Lost" (I should finish it at last) by John Milton,
    and "Elegant Universe" by Brian Green.
    Occasionally some poems by Alfred Lord Tennyson.
    I tend to read many books at the same time...

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
    • Maky_RK sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 dec 2006, 08:49
    At the moment I'm just starting Dreamcatcher by Stephen King. Before this I read "Love and Guilt" by Leopoldo Azancot. Pretty thick prose but stunningly beautiful and emotional :)

• I'm reading 'Rose Daughter' by Robin McKinley and 'Labyrinth' by Kate Mosse at the moment.

• I'm reading "Die Elven" by Bernhard Hennen.
    Ok, I'm on page nine, so still 899 pages to go, before I can make a judgement.

• oh my gosh, I'm mixing english with german.
    The book is called "Die Elfen"

• VampyreAngel said:
    "The Stand" by Stephen King,

Add the Kalevalla to these.

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2006, 20:42
    I'm reading: Stephen Fry, Making history at the monent.

• Finished reading "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby, and I've started "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini.

It's about time we all get out and vote for love!
    • Semyon sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2006, 21:40
    Currently reading
    The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk
    It's awesome, I wish more people were willing to work for the sort of world the people in the book are trying to create/protect.

• VampyreAngel said:
    VampyreAngel said:
    "The Stand" by Stephen King,

Add the Kalevalla to these.

I've read Wuthering Heights. Never understood it.

Reading List:
    Restless by Rich Wallace
    Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden

Lately I've had a lack of books that interest me. any suggestions as to what I should read next?

• I'm reading Nova Swing by M. John Harrison now.

we let the weirdness in
  • I found my copy of A Farewell To Arms on my bookshelf yesterday and I realized that I never read it. So I'm reading it now, and I'm up to chapter 9, and so far it's pretty good.

• I just finished reading 1984 and Animal Farm.

WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2006, 01:03
    I started Au régal des vermines by Marc-Edouard Nabe. Very pleasant so far.

• I'm just finishing Brock Yates' Cannonball! and the truth is stranger than fiction.
    I'm going to keep it lighthearted next so it will be either Robert Rankin's The Toyminator, or Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking.

• Finished "Countess Dracula" by Gabriel Garcia Sanchez [it's about the life ofthe so-called Blood Countess, Elizabeth Bathory]

It's about time we all get out and vote for love!
    • arqsa sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 dec 2006, 20:08
    I'm reading Mozart by Christian Jaq.

• I'm re-reading Harry Potter 5
    and enjoy many details that i missed the first time i read it

• Im reading Desperation by Stephen King. VERY GOOD! Makes wolves and spiders and such silly things very scary to me...really detailed and descriptive. Like always with King.

i think i have it this time.
  • I'm reading "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes.

• Just started The Chosen by Ricardo Pinto.

we let the weirdness in
  • I just finished The Lord of the Rings, and I read before The Silmarillion and The Hobbit, so now I can say with all confidence . . . Tolkien was a genius, he created a complete and brilliant new universe.
    The only prblem is that now I can't think of any other book to read . . . I'm still in a different world

radio.gathacol.net
    Música Libre 24 horas
  • Think it over while reading the Unfinished Tales

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.