• ISoS sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2009, 17:32
    the_gray_fox said:
    That's it, ISoS is officialy a troll now.

Go read what Singrundance said above.

My other half: Anath
    Read Black/Death Metal reviews here!: Subjected to Metal
    • Neftalem sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2009, 00:57
    I dont' have enough "english" to start a new discussion but I have a curiosity... we hear very often here in Brazil about the colder situation of the christianity in a lot of places and we've even sent missionaries to Europe! I'd want hear about if is it that bad? How is the christianity in the world? =)

• State of Christianity in America

I love your honesty, and you ask a very relevant question Neft. In many ways there is a lot of cold Christianity. I think in America we have been very spoiled and many times our view of God is of a God who spoils us and of whom we deserve something from. Just last night I went to an event at my church where a Russian lady who had survived through Stalin's reign and was held in multiple German camps and vowed to spit in anyone’s face who even mentioned God to her. She was eventually saved by a Christian couple in her camp that was covered with Christ's flesh consuming blood and His love showed through all they did. She has been reaching souls ever since. There was a fire in her that is definitely lacking in many “Christians” in America and I’m sure many other “Christians” around the world. What happens is when religion overtakes the love, reverence and holy fear that comes from the realization that the one true God came to save a wretched sinner that spit in the face of his Creator and nailed His hands to a tree. Often time religion makes you feel like you can earn the salvation by being a “good” person or just by not doing this or not doing that. True Christianity is way more than a religion and is a life devoted to God, not because you think you’re doing something special for God but you realize there is no other choice but to lay your life in the hands of the Father and live a life in His will because in some crazy God way He makes that life worth something. There’s a song, by I believe Relient K, that says “The beautiful thing about grace is that it makes life unfair”, and with the grace God gives we don’t get what fairly deserve. Saying all this, yes there is a cold in many American Christians, but there is a cold anywhere in the world where religion rules and God doesn’t. There is hope though, I believe worldwide Christians are waking up to what God truly wants and learning to listen more to His spirit rather than our flesh or a religion and rule book. I think many Christians are tired of being falsely represented by religious zealots and those who don’t worship the same God we do, but worship themselves. There is going to be an uprising of Christians who worship God “In spirit and in truth” and through whom the unquenchable, undisputable, unexplainable and anti-religious Spirit of God will draw all men to Him and they will have no response but to choose or deny the one and true God. Sorry for the long response, it’s just something near and dear to my heart and I am preparing every day, and hope you are too, to be part of those who the Spirit of God works through in mighty ways.

DEMOlition
  • Interesting post...

Things are pretty normal here in Greece. Besides a few immigrant Muslims, the rest are Orthodox Christians. The bad thing is that we're turning into "christians". I really don't know why they still kiss the priests' hands or why do they think that by paying for 3 extreme unctions makes your house like super-blessed. Thank God some priests decide to go against that commercial and cultural wave pushing. And thank God for having Mount Athos, blessed place.

I've changed my opinion about everything. This post is old and my new views are way cooler. Can't wait to change them again.
  • Christianity in India...

Some states in India have posed strict religious conversion laws citing that Christian missionaries are bribing the local population to convert them to Christianity. I don't know how much truth there is in this allegation. Anyways, persecution is high in states like Bihar, where thousands of Christians have been killed in mob riots. A decade back a mob even torched a jeep where an Australian missionary and his two little boys were sleeping. the media sensation following it lead to prosecution of one guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Staines

I hope that someday, peace will reign.

"The other gods were strong, but Thou wast weak;
    They rode, but Thou didst stumble to a throne;
    But to our wounds only God’s wounds can speak,
    And not a god has wounds, but Thou alone."
    - Edward Shillito
  • Re: Christianity in India...

lovethatbrat said:
    Some states in India have posed strict religious conversion laws citing that Christian missionaries are bribing the local population to convert them to Christianity. I don't know how much truth there is in this allegation. Anyways, persecution is high in states like Bihar, where thousands of Christians have been killed in mob riots. A decade back a mob even torched a jeep where an Australian missionary and his two little boys were sleeping. the media sensation following it lead to prosecution of one guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Staines

I hope that someday, peace will reign.

Yeah man I hear about that stuff all the time, same goes for pakistan, especially because it is a muslim country. North Americans have it so easy, we take things for granted and make christianity into a corporate and luxurious thing. Meanwhile people in countries like india, pakistan and china hold on in spite of persecution and never compromise.

• Neftalem sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 maj 2009, 17:01
    Here in Brazil, we speak a lot about the Book of Revelations considering how near the prophecies is about to be accomplished in face the rising of the religion and the atheism up to the true glorification of God's love... I think, as "loveacrackhead" said, all christianity is passing through this moment but I see more than that. Inside the churches, at least many of them, I've seem corrupted messages, many people who declare themselves true saved by Jesus, that praise God aways, go out after the church to drink, drug and more... or at least, the mostly of them despise the ones "not saved" like their soul is already lost and doenst worth the effort of trying to save them.... I guess God do have a plan for each one of us, but it's not cool at all people who do knows the God's words split themselves of the world. For me, it's like a new religion is being created of christianity, a cult of the elected ones. I guess the christians of the world is too much isolated ones from anothers... We hear the news, but we do not share them ourselves, we dont share the problems and of course, we don't share the solutions!!! I guess, today, more than never, we should do more as Paul's model, unify the christianity... to be a solid block, avoid problems as the pursuit of christians in India that is nonsense something like that happens in this century!! Am I being too much utopian?

• Neftalem said:
    Am I being too much utopian?

Hope springs eternal...

"The other gods were strong, but Thou wast weak;
    They rode, but Thou didst stumble to a throne;
    But to our wounds only God’s wounds can speak,
    And not a god has wounds, but Thou alone."
    - Edward Shillito
  • christianity (u.s.)

being a christian is being christ-like. as a christian our role model is Jesus Christ. i have met a few people i believe to have this as a daily goal. i myself have had people try to point out my mistakes, like i believe myself to be flawless. some see christians in this way, which is unfortunate. we all come short of the glory of God. I do have a personal prayer to be the best that i can be.

if you only love those who love you, what good is that?
  • What is Love?

I think earlier on guillermeezm asked a very important question, "what is love?". True Love for me is what I experienced when I met Jesus. The best description of this love that I have so far been able to find is in 1 Corinthians 13.

On Time: Too many of us spend too much time brooding over the past, struggling with the present and fearing the future. What we need is thankfulness for the past, faith for the present and hope for the future. - Eric
  • What is Love?

I think earlier on guillermeezm asked a very important question, "what is love?". True Love for me is what I experienced when I met Jesus. The best description of this love that I have so far been able to find is in 1 Corinthians 13.

On Time: Too many of us spend too much time brooding over the past, struggling with the present and fearing the future. What we need is thankfulness for the past, faith for the present and hope for the future. - Eric
  • Sorry about a double post.

Hey sorry this got posted twice due to an internet breakdown here.

• True. 1 Corinthians 13 explains everything we need to know about love in a very artistic and simple way.

(By the way, it's a triple post now. :P)

I've changed my opinion about everything. This post is old and my new views are way cooler. Can't wait to change them again.
  • Why is it that the VAST majorityof people that 'find' religion again as an adult in Western society turn to Christianity,why not the other religions of the world.

Must clearify something here as far as I am concerned. I was brought up in a home where parents where church going but I thought of this as boring and useless religion. Not saying it was , just didn't see the point in it. When I turned to Jesus I did so because he found me, religion has nothing to do with it. I had not found "religion again". Why should i get of religion at a younger age thinking it is boring only to find it again and then think i should now follow it.

Similarly if one is a Pakistani and one finds oneself turning to religion,the chances are it will be Islam.How conveniant for everyone that the religion that they find restores their faith,is the predominant one of that country.

I grew up in pakistan and lived their for years, so I think I may be able to explain. From what I know and have seen, people their do not turn to Islam, it is part of the culture. More so than christianity in north america. The laws of the country are basically islamic religious laws. People are brought up as muslims, and are taught to be devout muslims, most of them never question their religion and stay devoted to it for a lifetime. Even the muslims that do not practise islam still consider themselves to be muslims.

So no religion really restores their faith, they just grow into it and keep it as part of their culture and national identity. I didn't have any religion restore my faith, God did it, I cannot stress this enough I think. As for the people turning ot the predominant one in the country, in pakistan many people denounce islam and turn to christianity so it is not so much that people always turn to the predominant religion.

whatever restored your faith in Jesus,the chances are that if you had been in a plane crash in the mountains of Pakistan as a baby and your parents were killed and you were left to be brought up by the locals...you would now be a follower of Mohammed....would you be wrong to do so?

I know my culture or my upringing definitely didn't restore my faith in Jesus. If I as a north american had been left in pakistan to be brought up by muslims I would obviously be a muslim, but at some point I would either decide to stay devoted to islam or walk away from it. From their who knows what could have happened. I was an agnostic and I am now a follower of Jesus, I have heard of people who had been brought up in a muslim environment but had an encounter with Jesus and turned to him and gave up Islam. So hypothetically if I had crashed in pakistan as a baby and had been brought up a muslim, it doesn't mean I would not have turned to Jesus. My upbringing into a muslim belief system doesn't make it true, and the fact that it is the predominant one doesn't mean I can't still have an encounter with Jesus.

I think it is important to clarify a few things, from what I am understanding, you are talking about religion as a belief system and set of rules. And that the dominant religion in a country is what people would turn to.

Here is the problem though, when I talk of turning back to God or Jesus, I am not talking about a set of rules and to an extent a belief system. I am talking about encountering God and getting to know him. So in this sense people who are brought up in a certain country will be brought up in that countries predominant religion but just because they were brought up in it doesn't mean they cannot turn away from it and encounter God.

You can grow up as part of a predominant religion but after that you have the choice to choose what you believe or if you don't believe anything at all.

Don't confuse growing up in a religion with finding truth. The two are very different.

• I don't think I could have explained any better than Fallingup has. I would like to add that since I came to know Christpersonally, it is now about what I want to do and no more about what I have to do. Relegino is all about having to dos. Dos and Don'ts...

• Christianity isn't a religion anyway. In all known religions, a god creates the world and either lets other inferior gods wander the world and mess with people (see paganism) or he just lets people come to acknowledge him.

In Christianity, God stretched His hands. He (an unconditional and perfect being) chose to limit Himself inside a human body and suffer along with us. Didn't you ever wonder why did He do it?
    Seriously, we let Him down and instead of just letting us die, He became one of us. He walked on Earth with us, He suffered with us. Why would God do it? I'm afraid that my mind cannot easily and fully accept that there would be someone out there who loves us this much...but there He is.

• Okay so here's the proper response moowg. Some of the things I talked about in my response are obviously things you will want to respond to which is cool, and then I will have to elaborate on them with another response :P. It's probably going to turn into a back and forth on going conversation that will be time consuming but will provide for more indepth discussion.

you see this is what confuses me. how can someone who you never seen, touched, had a proper chat with be a genuine friend?

Well there are many ways in which God can reveal himself. He did it in the Old Testament to the Israelites, did it in the New Testament in the form of Jesus. And to this day he can reveal himself visibly through visions or his presence or the holy spirit. If the God of the universe is all loving and can reveal himself to people, then wouldn't he be a genuine friend?

there is not a single piece of evidence to suggest he even exists. his only appearance has been on a piece of toast sold on ebay :)

Don't know about this piece of toast, but there is other evidence. As said before he's appeared several times in the past, particularly through the person of Jesus and does so im the present.

He particularly revealed himself through Jesus, who claimed to be God in the flesh, healed people, performed other mircales, died and rose three days later, all in front of eye witnesses who recorded this information down.

And sure to someone who doesn't know God, he hasn't made any "appearances", but to those who know him and have encountered him it makes sense.

more people have probably died fighting over religion than anything else, how can this be a good thing?

Good point, but did these people die fighting because God told them to? just because they died fighting doesn't mean God isn't there. This just goes to prove that people can harm each other, and create a mess religious or not. War and death is obviously not a good thing, and nowhere does Jesus advocate it.

the reality is the world would be a better, more peaceful place without all these gods.

Here is the thing. humans can make enough of a mess, and cause enough death and suffering. Doesn't matter wether your into a religion or not. Humanity in general has shown the ability to cause death and suffering and a lack of compassion.

The world would be a better place without religions that teach voilence, hatred and intolerance. But God teaches love, tolerance and compassion. So yes the world would be better of without religions, but that does not have any bearing on wether God is there or not.

I've done a lot of bad things in life, i've hurt a lot of people, and i;'ve ended up under a lot of depression and hurt in the past. But God's forgiven me for the crap i've done and helped in the past and he does it till this day. I think the world could only benefit from that.

You asked why I don't believe in myself, it's because even though I have the potential for good, I also have the tendancy to do wrong and screw things up loyaly. God has all the answers in his hand and I know when I take his guidance and counsel I am heading in the right direction. Because I am on my own a fallible, imperfect man, while he is an eternal, perfect, loving and just God. So when I trade in my weaknesses and imperfections for his strength things balance out much better.

• I just so agree with you.

• tehee10 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2009, 02:54
    So many people view serving God as "What's the bare minimum I have to do"..how's that evident? So many people do not have the attitude and love for God as they should..As said before, We should "WANT" to serve the Lord, not "HAVE" to!!!

Carlton L. Crasher..."His WIsdom Is Greater than Ours"
    http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html
    www.personalitypage.com/INFJ_rel.html

Really Lengthy Discussions please use tehee10@gmail.com instead of pm's
  • "So many people do not have the attitude and love for God as they should."
    Should?? i always believed love came from within! How can anyone judge the level of anyones love for anything?You cant choose to love...can you?

• Love is a response, and a decision.

We can choose to love the people around us whether they treat us right or not. We can do the right thing whether we feel like it or not, and do our best to love unconditionally.

In short, love isn't so much a good feeling in our heart (although that does accompany it sometimes), it's a decision that produces action. Not that we choose to love Jesus for no reason, but that we love him because he first loved us, and showed his love by dying for us.

• love is not a decision......unless you are a robot.It comes from within and you either do or dont..you dont choose.
    He didnt die for you.It was part of a big plan.If i knew i was going to die but knew for a fact i was going to this heaven place for joy for eternity,then i wouldnt give a toss about dying...in fact it might hasten my departure.Where is the sacrifice there?

• If he knew he was going to hell for eternity....now that WOULD have been a sacrifice!

• Sacrifice

"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain...having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better" (Philippians 1:21-23)

Death is still not a pleasant thing, however. Yes, ultimately it leads to a better place for those with salvation, but the process is still painful. Jesus endured the most excruciating death that was present in His time. Knowing that, He chose to die for us, even though the LAST thing He deserved was to perish at our hands. We (the human race) are not worthy to even look at Him, let alone touch Him, or the worst, murder Him.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.