What period would you chose?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 maj 2009, 19:40
    XII century Western Europe, Austro-Hungarian monarchy before WWI, or Poland in XVII century.

• Användare
    • 7 maj 2009, 21:33
    Hah I noticed some interesting choices.

As for me:

1. Czechoslovakia 1918 - 1938/39 : Productive and creative society, and at the same time quite peaceful, yet determined to defend their land against any invaders, such as Germans.

2. Argentina 1918 - 1938 and the same place in late 1940's and 1950's (when Juan Perón was the president).

3. Italy, again the same period of 1918 - 1938. Futurism and fascism, do I need to say more?

4. Etruscan civilization - Italian peninsula before the rise of Rome.

• A lot of times I feel as if I'm still living in the Victorian era, in England, or New England... or Romanov Russia. Music plays a big role in my mental time travels; waking up from dreams to appreciate surreal art and music.

For music, I would have to say Sopor Aeternus/Nenia C'alladhan and other Neo-Folk does it for me; and despite the fact that Pachelbel was long before, he was well ahead with Canon in D, and this epitomizes the Victorian spirit for me.

~

• 1. Babylonian Empire
    2. Scandinavia around ~0
    3. South America before Hispanics arrived
    4. Pacific Islands before anyone else arrived.
    5. Africa during the time of colonialization (as an European of course)

In manus tuas, domine
    • Användare
    • 17 maj 2009, 10:46
    1.) Skara Brae during peak
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skara_Brae

2.) Varangian Kiev

3.) Etruscan civilization

4.) Vandals, circa capture of Carthage

5.) German Confederation

6.) Germany (WWI & WWII)

• I would choose to live in ancient Bulgaria at the time of forming (681 a.d.)
    It is my homeland and would like to see the life of my forefathers.
    We were and we still are one of the greatest nations in Europe with deep history and a hard but gloriuos times of struggle with the Turkish invaders! (these bastards held us 500 years in slavery)
    So yeah this is my wish ;))

Да живее Велика България и нека да преминем през вековете!!
    СЛАВА!!

• Användare
    • 23 maj 2009, 19:37
    I would like to live during The Stone Age.Where people focused on surviving and not on which pair of jeans to wear.No despotism,no discrimination,total death to anyone who could not adjust.

• I'd choose early middle-ages, let's say X century, when Holy Roman Empire started.

• xNerex sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2009, 15:57
    i would choose to live in XII-XIII century when Lithuanian Great Principality existed

• The 80s! Britain may have still been shit back then but at least the music was better. Plus I don't think chavs existed back then.

• henli_02 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jun 2009, 11:29
    50s - 70s

• Definitely France in 12th century. Times of love, war and troubadours. Or Great Britain in 60s. Love, war and ... hippies ^.^

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 25 dec 2010, 13:53
    • Användare
    • 19 jun 2009, 12:48
    germany before 1919.
    germany before the Christianization.

• Scandinavia or Finland before christianity.

• Medieval Times in Northern Europe...

Does a firm persuasion that a thing is so, make it so?
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2009, 18:45
    South italy during domination greece (Magna Graecia)
    Europe - Iron Age
    Rome during the persecution of christians
    Scandinavia in the time of the vikings
    Great Britain - 1800 before the industrial revolution

• Användare
    • 15 aug 2009, 15:13
    Scandinavia 2000 years ago. Yes, i know what i am talking about.

• Användare
    • 18 aug 2009, 16:31
    Europe in times of Renessaince and Baroque. Alternatively: Late Period Roman Empire

pisze:
    1. Czechoslovakia 1918 - 1938/39 : Productive and creative society, and at the same time quite peaceful, yet determined to defend their land against any invaders, such as Germans..

They didn't defend themselves against the Germans, they surrendered without a fight:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_occupation_of_Czechoslovakia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectorate_of_Bohemia_and_Moravia

ps. I'm suprised that so many people would want to live in the times of third reich (and world war 2) O_o

• Användare
    • 25 aug 2009, 08:27
    I've been thinking a lot about living in the era of French Revolution. The Necklace Afffair, Marie Antoinette, and fighting to achieve freedom was a reasonable priority.
    Big dream of mine ;F.

But right now I just want to be born a little bit earlier than I am so I could go to see my favourite bands at stage and their glory because now only their music remains and everything is coming to the end.

• WerBack sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 aug 2009, 08:48
    BOIA_CHI_MOLLA said:
    I would choose to live in ancient Bulgaria at the time of forming (681 a.d.)
    It is my homeland and would like to see the life of my forefathers.
    We were and we still are one of the greatest nations in Europe with deep history and a hard but gloriuos times of struggle with the Turkish invaders! (these bastards held us 500 years in slavery)
    So yeah this is my wish ;))

Да живее Велика България и нека да преминем през вековете!!
    СЛАВА!!

Well, I always wanted to see my ancestors too, moreover I'm a native of Veliki Preslav. Pitty I don't live here anymore, still I manage to write this exactly from the most successful capital of Bulgaria.

On the topic - I'd like to live in modern ages. I don't have the problem with the ages in which we leave, I have the problem with the people. The so-called moral laws existed before too, but now they mess with the multicultural problem, creating the biggest mess in human history. Most people are amoral but never realize it, and claiming that moral is a bad word in front of them will eventually end in confrontation.

However, I do respect my ancients, just not enough to return to ages where the power of the arms rather than the intellect was more important.

We're all talking about changes in our animal society, yet I still don't see them. Inventing the internet or going to the moon is not an escape from our primitive nature, it is more likely inventing yet another narcotic without which most of us are worthless.

Still, I have the dream to see the worlds of the Foundation or Hyperion - dark ages of information and empires, of false idols and nostalgia.

• Basso89 said:
    radio-tractore said:
    the age of vikings!

Where do I sign?

• choosing a different time to live..? I'd choose Scandinavia 2000-3000 years ago. a time when survival was something different than trying to make it to your bullshit job, dodging cars and trying not to choke on all the shit in the air.. survivalism, natural one. living by your primitive instincts.. but dunno, maybe I lived that allready..

• wujciol sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 sep 2009, 20:19
    I would choose ancient England. I want to take part in creating Stonehenge

• Användare
    • 12 sep 2009, 10:34
    prince-paradox said:
    choosing a different time to live..? I'd choose Scandinavia 2000-3000 years ago. a time when survival was something different than trying to make it to your bullshit job, dodging cars and trying not to choke on all the shit in the air.. survivalism, natural one. living by your primitive instincts.. but dunno, maybe I lived that allready..

Great post.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.