What was the first horror film that "scarred" you?

• What was the first horror film that "scarred" you?

My parents were fans of horror and sci-fi so I remember this sort of thing since I was very young, but I think the first one that really bothered me was "The Shining".
    These days, as an adult with very definately drawn lines between fantasy and reality (although some would dispute me on this) I can take just about anything the genre can throw at me with hardly a second thought. But I find that I kinda enjoy that lingering feeling of dread that keeps you up at night, and at about 11 or 12, "The Shining" killed me. I don't think I slept for weeks. Because of this, it occupies a very special place in my little heart and still, sometimes, gets me.

Anyone else?

• Shining was good.... The first Friday the 13th scared the snot out of me at the end, I would not swim for weeks.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 sep 2006, 18:32
    OMG! "Evil Dead" scared the hell and shit out of me. I watched it when I was in 5th grade. I was home alone. My parents had gone to my aunt's to attend a marraige ceremony and I was all alone for 2 days. I thought I should do something kinky...lol! so I rented the EVIL DEAD cd and watched it in the dead of the night with all lights out! woooo...

I somehow sat through the entire movie...and the next thing that I did after the movie ended was I turned on all the lights in our house...switched on the TV and started watching BBC news until dawn. I hit the bed only after sunrise... lmao!

• That bloody clown, IT I always hated clowns and that confirmed the that they were defiantly creepy. I remember after that I would randomly have nightmares about a clown trying to kill me every so often...just so I know the fear hasn't left.

• Icky Clowns!

I think the only clown i've actually ever liked is Krusty

• Användare
    • 9 sep 2006, 06:01
    now-a-days I find Jap Horror movies to be scarier than Hollywood ones. Actually Hollywood's making many horror movie remakes.

• ggnakis sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 sep 2006, 17:54
    Evil Dead.

• The first movie that scared me was "Candyman".

• nerghal sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 sep 2006, 07:05
    aliens 2... i saw it when i saw 10 or so and then i was affraid that some tentacles will bug out from floor on toilet and rip me appart like that droid

• Användare
    • 25 sep 2006, 22:58
    Nightmare on Elm Street I was about 5 at the time

• A television edit of Child's Play was the first movie that 'scared' me, probably.

I'll give credit to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre for getting me into the genre and disturbing the hell out of (or into) me.

• Användare
    • 29 sep 2006, 08:14
    Wait, so am I answering "scarred" or "scared"? I suppose I'll answer both:

first to scare me: Child's Play - when the preview came on I hid between the door and screen door to the porch.
    first to scar me: Audition - every time I watch this movie, I know how it's going to end, when the twist is coming, and it still leaves me scared to death of women, it's left a mark in my brain that I don't think will ever go away.

• "Scarred" would be the term

although some great scary movies have been thrown into the ring.

But I originally meant something like - being traumatised, as it were, being chewed up and spit out by a film and unable to close your eyes cuz if you open them the tall creepy guy from, hell I don't remember the name of that movie but it was another one that I was scarred by, will be hanging above the head of your bed where you're supposed to be safe.

anyways...scared/scarred...carry on... :)

• thethem sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 sep 2006, 02:44
    Childs Play.

God damn dolls.

Although not a horror movie, per say, Happiness gets the award for ultimate scarring. That flim is so fucked-up.
    -shudder-

• Alien, way back in the early 80s when I must've been about 7. Got suckered in with the rest of them who thought it was going to be a Star Wars-esque sci-fi fantasy. Whoops.

The whole thing got to me until 1990 (means I missed out on Aliens at the time) when for some reason, I started loving it. Go figure.

• I guess, I'm the old timer of the group, because the first horror movie that scared the shit out of me was Mario Bava's "Black Sabbath". Particularly, the "Drop of Water episode." I recall sleeping with my parents for a couple of days after watching that one.

"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding."-Job 37:5
    • Användare
    • 6 okt 2006, 03:15
    evil dead 2!

• Midnight_Wolf

Childs Play.
    I remember throwing my sisters buddy doll in the basement. don't know what happened to it after that.

• first movie that scared me wud of had to of been i kno wat u did last summer... i think thats wat it was called.. i hated the hook guy i used to lay dead in the middle of my bed. but wat scares me now a days is urban legends bloody mary she is freakin scary... but good movie coz i like being scared :)

• Oh shit, Poltergeist 3. I still can´t stand mirrors. *shudder*

"You were roadkill baby ´til I scraped you in my arms"
    • Användare
    • 24 nov 2006, 08:45
    This is embarassing, but it was actually a scene The Ring (remake). The closet part. I was twelve though, in '02.

• I think Alien and... Puppet Master was pretty scary when I saw them in my childhood. And to be honest, Alien is still scary to me.

• IT terrified me when I was little.

• Hmmm...as far as horror movies scaring me, I'd have to say
    Hellraiser. Although the novel version of IT scared me more than almost anything to date...I threw that book in the trash after I finished reading it so I wouldn't have to look at pennywise's face on the cover -_-

• The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I love it now, but OMFG IT SCARED TEH EVERLOVING SHIT OUT OF ME.

And Pennywise the Clown is the scariest thing ever, in the history of history.

Seriously.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.