Have you read any other books about music that you'd recommend?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 feb 2008, 10:17

Have you read any other books about music that you'd recommend?

Part of the reason I love "High Fidelity" so much is because Nick Hornby writes really well and can explain similar thoughts to the ones I have about music, life and love.

And I was thinking that this group is the perfect place to ask this:

have you read any other books about music similar to High Fidelity that you'd recommend? cause I could use some good lecture...

And as an example I'll recommend you:
    "Stories we could tell" by Tony Parsons
    a book about growing up and being young, about sex and love and rock and roll, about the dreams of youth colliding head-on with the grown-up world.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 mar 2008, 17:14
    Powder by Kevin Sampson maybe?

It's about music and it's kinda funny too. Nothing too deep, more like a beach read.

• Rob Sheffields "Love is a mixtape" seems similar, though I haven't read it yet.

• Rob Sheffields "Love is a mixtape" seems similar, though I haven't read it yet.

• Another Nick Hornby you should definitely check out is "31 Songs". Its a novel which is basically 31(ish) essays about his favourite songs, and he muses about the artists, lyrics and the songs' experiences in his life. Its pretty interesting to read; and when I say essays, don't think they're dull.

• Ketil Bjørnstad's - To Music is one of the books about music I read recently and loved..not so much for its story (though it's not bad) but for the atmosphere it creates!
    If you like piano and classical music it's a must!!! Tip: listening to classical music (the pieces referenced in the book) while reading it! <3

go to the ocean,on a ship,wave goodbye to the waves and the frozen shit that was in your heart.so long.
    (it was twilight,at Carbon Lake...indeed.)
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.