Why do you go to Greenbelt (other than the music) ?

• hdickins sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 aug 2008, 15:23

Why do you go to Greenbelt (other than the music) ?

So... why *do* you go to Greenbelt?

For the music (obviously) ?

But what else? The talks? The other arts? The streams of happy people? Free hugs? The strange antics of people being 'undefensive' and wearing their hearts on their sleeves.

Maybe it's the way that everyone seems like 'family' - it's genuinely good to see teenagers and pensioners and children and families all mixed up in the same festival - being as silly or as serious as they want. It's marvellously free and non-judgemental. It *is* a little bit like a foretaste of heaven, isn't it?

It doesn't seem like 'proper' church, in a way - but maybe it is possible to encounter God there? (which might just be more important than any 'proper' churchiness)

So... why do *you* go to Greenbelt?

Howard Dickins
    "Relentlessly combating evil since 1981"
    Twitter @dorkomatic
  • There are the lovely moments where I convince myself that I know someone well and then realise that it's only that I've sat near to or next to or heard them ask a question at a talk at Greenbelt. I don't know them at all. I just see them around the site.

The talks are awesome, always challenging, always moving.

Sometimes I feel like I encounter God in a totally different way at Greenbelt than outside in "normal" life. I guess I'm in a different mindset, and sleeping under canvas can do that to you.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.