Whats your Favorite Band member and Why

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 maj 2006, 16:51
    Buddy, your argument makes no sense.

A guitarist that can play paganini's 5th caprice on guitar is better then a guitarist who hacks away at three powerchords for two miniutes and calling it a song.

If you want to measure prowice in guitar by what kind of music one can play, i guarantee you that steve vai and john petrucci can play greenday songs if they were ever so inclined. Can the guitarist from greenday play any of their music?

I seriously doubt it.

See, if instead of guitar he played the glockenspeil or some shit like that, you would be right and there would be no way to compare how good he is at his instrument to how good some actual guitarits are at their's. But alas, he doesn't.

and my first comment was about the starter of this topic.

• I am very sorry that you simply aren't capable of understanding my post. I apologize for wasting your time and mine on an ultimately fruitless endeavor.

If, in fact, I have misread you, and you actually DID understand what I posted, then please respond to it in a relevant and intelligent manner. After reading your second response, I have no choice but to assume that you couldn't comprehend and therefore turned to mockery.

• Mike coz he rocks his bass the best ever, he is georgous and he is so funny and goonish but in a good way =]

Hello. I'll intrest you when my owner comes up with something good. =]
  • does anyone know what the fuk is going wrong with last fm, its not counted anything of mine since monday

--- I am sorry to say that the message you are about to read is very unpleasant...---
    <br>
    • egnops sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 maj 2006, 10:31

hey hey hey!

999 members! one more please... its nearly time for celebration!

• Bren_den sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 maj 2006, 14:52
    I am the 1000th member! :D

• Jonno123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2006, 02:49
    Mike coz he rocks his bass the best ever, he is georgous and he is so funny and goonish but in a good way =]

Actually, in terms of musicianship Mikey here blows arse. Title of the best bassist on earth who ever lived goes to Jaco Pastorius. Listen to him for a week then tell me Mike is better. I guarantee you will no longer listen to Green Day either after hearing Jaco.

• Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 04:44
    Victor Wooten guys.

• Jonno123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 04:53
    I don't like wooten much. He's a master technician but he aint got no soul. his playing is all fruit salad.

• Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 05:11
    he played with marty friedman and it was sickness.

• Jonno123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 05:13
    Yeah, he's a fantastic player, but he aint got a damn thing on Jaco.

• Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 06:00
    Really, I havent heard him. If hes better then Wooten he must be sick then.

John Myung from dream theater is probably the most talented bassist i have ever heard.

• Jonno123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 06:03
    Oh man, if you've never heard Jaco I suggest you go out and buy his shit. He makes Wooten sound like the dude from Green Day.

Redigerad av Jonno123 den 10 maj 2006, 01:43
    • Användare
    • 9 maj 2006, 23:39
    Ill definatley check it out.

And the guy from Greenday doesnt even deserve to be compared to Victor Wooten.

• pazifist sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2006, 15:35
    @Jonno123 & "noname": You're not in favor of Green Day, are you?

And all of a sudden, you were one with the freaks.
    • Jonno123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2006, 15:35
    No, I'm in the favour of good music.

• pazifist sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2006, 15:46

Re:

Quoth Jonno123:
    No, I'm in the favour of good music.

well, the expression "good" is extremely relative and there could be various reasons to like certain music.
    example: I don't like the music of Eminem, but I can understand why people like it (the lyrics certainly got something special and cool)

And all of a sudden, you were one with the freaks.
    • spuddygb sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2006, 16:49
    billie joe is tops, cos he has the sweetest voice in the history of vocals and hes adorable :p i love tre too, hes my drumming idol. and mike is just such a fucking great bassist.

• Användare
    • 31 maj 2006, 19:52
    Nevermind this bullcrap.... :/

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 27 dec 2008, 21:51
    • Mez1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2006, 18:59
    Yngwie Malmsteen has been hailed as the fastest guitarist alive.

Seriously a saw a video with him in Japan playing the guitar upside down with his teeth and tongue....it was just as fast as his hands!

I wish my lawn was emo - then it would cut itself. Another "Controversial" Journal
    Join It's all about emo bashing if you are sick of the emo culture.
    Cunning Lynguist - Music Advice Center, don't be stuck in a groove.
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2006, 11:39
    Hehe. Wannabe Hendrix ;) I'm not totally into Jimi though, probably should listen to him more than I do.

• Mez1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2006, 13:20
    Lol i should listen to more melodic guitar than i do but lately i'm just not in the mood.

I think we have hijacked a shitty thread and make it into a much better musical discussion!

I wish my lawn was emo - then it would cut itself. Another "Controversial" Journal
    Join It's all about emo bashing if you are sick of the emo culture.
    Cunning Lynguist - Music Advice Center, don't be stuck in a groove.
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2006, 13:48
    Hehe. Same here. I´ve been digging myself into a rythm guitar grave, and the only thing saving my ass is my own soloing ;)

• BILLIE JOE is the best any day. No offence to the Mike & Tre cos they're both great aswell but Billie Joe is definetly the best.

• Jonno123 sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2006, 17:09
    mike is just such a fucking great bassist.

Man, you guys need to get into Jaco Pastorius

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.