Hide Activity Box

• Hide Activity Box

This script by snyde1 allows a user to toggle display of activity box in their own profile.

This is a short script that modifies the activity box for a user on their own profile. People claim they already know what they did, they don't need to see it.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/30628

• Added!

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 jul 2008, 19:03
    Tagging this thread to keep to date with it.

Please note that this script is a proof-of-concept at heart, and that it is fairly rough at the moment. Comments will/may be incorporated at a later date, as I don't have a lot of time at the moment to put into this.

A couple of notes:
    * Persistent settings - you'll note that the hide/show is only on a page by page basis. To set these "permanently" is planned task, but requires some more planning.
    * I've seen Picnick's post - I will look at hiding activity boxes on other pages, but for my part, I like the option to see the content so I probably won't remove the whole activity box.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • _Tarkus_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2008, 20:28
    Yeah, I noticed the Activity Feed stays closed (great, since that's the main thing I was after), but my Journal feed doesn't. Haven't tried any of the others.

• There's a minor error in the hide/show for the activity box - one of the &nbsp's has a percentage sign instead.

Other than that, it works great :D

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 14 aug 2008, 07:23

Script updated

New! New! NEW!

Now with 100% fewer extraneous percent signs!

Now as persistent as your IN-Laws.

Download today - heck, download again tomorrow!

Claims to work under Opera and Firefox with Greasemonkey. (But probably lies.) No monkeys were harmed in the manufacture of this script (unless it was deamed they deserved it.) No claims of warranty are made. Do not hide activity boxes and drive. Likely void where you live. ... too much fun!

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • WeBad sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2008, 08:28
    Thank you ;)

~*~*~*~*~ Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet ~*~*~*~*~
  • Haha. Thanks, Snyde. :)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 aug 2008, 06:33
    Together with carousel it's kind of problematic, bacause I can't see the names of the links I'm clicking on. See:

It's a minor problem, but still...

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 15 aug 2008, 06:52
    Okay, I (obviously) don't use carousel. Try changing the line in Hide Actiity Box (drudgeWork routine) from:
    myNode.firstChild.innerHTML = myTempStr + myNode.firstChild.innerHTML;
    to
    myNode.innerHTML = myTempStr + myNode.innerHTML;

That should restore the older behaviour. (If they worked together before.)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 aug 2008, 08:48
    they worked before and it didn't restore the old situation. yet, I think I can get used to it.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 17 aug 2008, 18:05

Shape of things to come

No further ahead with the carousel thing, but I thought I'd give a preview of the next release.

(Opera screenshot)

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 okt 2008, 18:25
    Yes, the script was broken by a site-side formatting change today. I'll fix it when I can get to it.

• _Tarkus_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 nov 2008, 16:58
    Looks like Last.fm made some changes, and the player is the only thing I can close.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 18 nov 2008, 18:50
    _Tarkus_ said:
    Looks like Last.fm made some changes, and the player is the only thing I can close.
    It is still working for me. I'll look into it later today. Which site? (I'm assuming www.last.fm.)

• _Tarkus_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 nov 2008, 20:55
    Yeah, that's the site.

The only place I even see the +/-/ control is the player, and it's closed. I'm afraid to open it, for fear it will stop working too.

If it's still working for you, I'll see if one of my other scripts is conflicting.

• snyde1 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 nov 2008, 05:57
    I've uploaded my current beta. Please let me know if there are problems.

(Like duplicate +/- boxes.)

• _Tarkus_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 nov 2008, 09:25
    Looks to be working perfectly again. Thanks!

• Yay! Thank you. :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.