Message Notifier

• Message Notifier

Last.fm Message Notifier - Originally made by Spaceboy83
    This scrip shows a (rather large and in your face) box when there are unread messages in your inbox.

I've adapted the script to work with the new site (the original was from 2005, a lot has changed since then!).

Redigerad av MikeManger den 31 jul 2008, 15:16
  • Thanks, Mike! Added. :)

• spacefish said:
    Thanks, Mike! Added. :)

Awesome, I don't know how much credit I deserve really - the only difference atm is that I've updated a few parts and removed the 'how to install text'.

But I've also added in the parts for the update script 'cause I think it would be nice if it said how many messages...

btw you've linked to the old script. ;)

• Hey wait. I was going to change it but then I noticed that the link you provide in the first post is the same as your Online Status adaptation. What's the right one? :O

Edit: Heh, okay I guessed at the script URL and apparently you owe me lots of money now. ;D

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2007, 17:10
    I downloaded this and every single time I loaded any last.fm page it would pop up (regardless of whether or not there was really a message).

I even deleted every message in my inbox and it continued to pop up constantly.

• Fraloopie said:
    I downloaded this and every single time I loaded any last.fm page it would pop up (regardless of whether or not there was really a message).

I even deleted every message in my inbox and it continued to pop up constantly.

That is a small can of crazy, working a-ok for me, but I keep on changing mine... Don't panic though, I'm pretty certain I know what it is.

Cheers.

EDIT: fixed, the LF team really don't seem to know what to do with the header atm - they've separated the badge with the help/logout thing, which is far enough BUT they are now calling it a 'headerBottom' (and with a name like that I expect it'll be changing again sometime soon!).

Should only effect a couple of scripts. :)

2nd Edit: Ok I'll upload the version I'm using tomorrow.. it has the added bonus of telling (shouting?) at you exactly how many messages you have. And. *Jazz hands* it colours the inbox text green.. as if you didn't already know. :)

• Hello,

Thanks for your work :)

I use version 0.2 with Iceweasel 2.x and I get the popup when I log out.

• Humbug - I'll add in a "if logged out DONT touch anything" part soon. :)

• Hey, I've updated this script to work with the new layout, it also fixes the problem of the script running when you are logged out.

Note: unlike the original it runs on your main inbox page, I think I read somewhere last.fm have made it so the url for the inbox page is special or something.

I'm just going to pretend that this is a feature (don't want you missing any of those unread messages).

Cheers,

Mike

• Hi Mike,

I just got around to installing this script and it works with the side affect that it blacks out the Inbox link at the top of the page. The link is still active but the text is unreadable. I use the black theme. Oh, and I just noticed that after I read the message, the Inbox | text at the top turns red. :O

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.