• 5 okt 2006, 23:08

Chart Changes

Why won't the page load for me?

• Radishes sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 okt 2006, 02:13
    It won't load for me either. Hmm. :\

• It should be working again now.

The server ran out of disk space due to the 87711 charts it stores, taking up 1.9GB.

Andrew

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 okt 2006, 19:28
    Still won't load for me. Mabybe it's because it's a UK site?

• Användare
    • 7 okt 2006, 19:10
    Ok, so I got it off of userscripts.org
    But it only seems to say all my weekly charts are full of NEW artists. Not at all true. Why is this?

• MellowB sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 8 okt 2006, 08:27
    Because they were maybe not in your *weekly* charts last week? Or at least not in the "top10" shown in your profile?

On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the ESC key.
  • nope, there is definitly something wrong with weekly chart changes.
    Just compare, my top artist didn't change over weeks now and it still showing as "NEW" - 2 weeks ago everything worked normal and also weekly changes showed up correct

Die stillsten Worte sind es, welche den Sturm bringen.
    • MC_Goner sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 okt 2006, 07:53
    weird only seems to work with the blue theme for me.

• There is definitely something strange going on with the weekly charts - the Last.fm webservice is returnin a blank file. I will try to find out what is going on in the next couple of days.

Andrew

• Mark_H sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 okt 2006, 13:35
    Overall Artists and Top Tracks are now broken as well - all showing "new" on my page...

Mark

• theisto sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 okt 2006, 14:26
    Mark_H said:
    Overall Artists and Top Tracks are now broken as well - all showing "new" on my page...

• That's an unrelated problem. I was yet again running out of diskspace because I was storing too many charts. I deleted all charts more than 30 days old for non-subscribers, and although this freed ~250MB the size of the database didn't decrease as the free space is spread throughout the file. I tried to reorder the file to actually the free up the space, but in the process the database grew, ran out of space an corrupted the indexes. I'm just rebuilding them now. Hopefully it'll be back up in less than an hour.

Andrew

• Mark_H sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 okt 2006, 15:45
    Sounds like fun :| Thanks Andrew.

• Användare
    • 9 okt 2006, 21:52
    Hmmmm... seems to be working now.

• MC_Goner sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 okt 2006, 22:02
    the weekly one seems to be working for me :). On an unrelated note : Why am i listed at my own neighbour?!?

• MC_Goner said:
    the weekly one seems to be working for me :). On an unrelated note : Why am i listed at my own neighbour?!?

mustaqila said:
    This is a known issue for users that lack overall neighbours. Instead, weekly neighbours are shown, and these have this minor bug in them.

It will be resolved shortly.

There you go ;)

Die stillsten Worte sind es, welche den Sturm bringen.
    • Användare
    • 10 okt 2006, 10:26
    MC_Goner said:
    the weekly one seems to be working for me :)

Yes,weelkly seems to be back. So I hope overall will return too.

• MC_Goner sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 okt 2006, 14:03
    Six_Feet_Under said:
    MC_Goner said:

mustaqila said:
    This is a known issue for users that lack overall neighbours. Instead, weekly neighbours are shown, and these have this minor bug in them.

It will be resolved shortly.

There you go ;)

ah cool :D thanks :)

• kwesleyb sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 nov 2006, 19:07
    I didnt wanna cause hassel in making a new thread about this so this is the best place.

I have a question, a last.fm staff member said that daily updates on the charts will be back once again soon. Now that the charts seem to be updating more often than once a week, will this script still fucntion properly with it or will it still look at the stats from the previous week regardless of the amount of updates during that week?

Probably a stupid question thats already answered somewhere but ive already had a little look.

Thanks for any answer.

• The script compares the previous chart to the chart as it appears on the page, at that moment. Charts being updated more often will not effect the script all.

I won't be changing my server to store copies of charts more than once a week, I don't think it's necessary and will cause too much strain - I already store ~100,000 charts!

Andrew

• kwesleyb sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 nov 2006, 19:40
    Ahh ok good to hear about it not being affected. Thanks for the quick reply also.

Kev.

• andrew_j_w said:
    The script compares the previous chart to the chart as it appears on the page, at that moment. Charts being updated more often will not effect the script all.

I won't be changing my server to store copies of charts more than once a week, I don't think it's necessary and will cause too much strain - I already store ~100,000 charts!

Andrew

Is that how this script works?
    I guess I'm just a little confused since I just jumped on the bandwagon, but the thing I am most confused about is to see a jump for the artist Bernard that's displayed as being "+25" - when there is no way of that being even close to possible.
    What is the chart that my current charts are referencing the scripted numbers to?
    If you'd rather just PM me about this, I wouldn't be opposed.

• On the 10th Novemember 'Bernard' was 41st in your chart with 110 plays ao I believe the +25 is correct, provided Last.fm have been counting your plays correctly.

You can see the date it is being compared to at the bottom of the chart in the brackets.

Hope this helps,
    Andrew

• Ohhhhh, solid. Thanks for the speedy reply. I wasn't even aware of the fact that those brackets were involved with the chart changes script. Good thing to know. Thanks again!

• Linking this to the overview as the official Chart Changes comment/update thread.

Andrew: feel free to create a new thread if you prefer. I'll relink.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.