Last.fm - Artist Fan Rank

• Last.fm - Artist Fan Rank

Quoth Master List:
    Last.fm - Artist Fan Rank by kepp
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/4729.user.js
    Adds a red star (if applicable) and fan rank of you or the userpage's owner to Top Artists charts.

This script is sweet!

• kepp sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 jul 2006, 22:55
    lol, that was fast

• kepp sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 jul 2006, 23:13
    Oh uh, also, I updated it a few minutes after I first put it up. So it processes all the charts in the "Charts" section...

• Heh. I went to Userscripts for something else, and saw this listed first for new scripts.

Hope I didn't step on your toes. ;)

Edit: Thanks for the update. Also, the description is much nicer now. ;)

I tried to give it 5 stars, but their rating system is down. :(

• avalyn2 sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 jul 2006, 23:33
    oh, i like the # position - neat!
    does it look at albums & tracks as well as artists? , as they can be different now with the changes to the top fan listings.

and does your script access the webservices rather than the particular webpages, as i notice that some #'s are near 50, which wouldn't normally show up.

thanks.

Top Fans method keeps changing. This is the Old Top Fans formula with rationale. Discuss any Top Fans issues in the Top Fans Forum. Updated list of top obsessive fans here.
    My wife's handcrafted jewellery website www.startrishdesign.co.uk
  • Also, I was wondering how it deals with the crappy servers here, as far as the cache. If an artist times out, will it try again the next time that artist comes up in your chart?

Maybe show a different colored star if the artist was inaccessible, so you know how complete the rankings are?

• kepp sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 02:59
    @avalyn2
    The script only does artists, I didn't think to do anything else. And yes, it does use the webservices, so it will be able to do rankings up to 50.

@KarnEvil9
    If an artist times out it should retry the next time, since the data in the cache that it tests to determine if an update is needed will still be the same.

I did just try to do something to show that the artist was inaccessible, but it didn't work. Heh, I'll try again later.

• One more question (for now ;), why is http://www.last.fm/music/* an included path? I can't see anything there for this script.

• kepp sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 04:55
    It does the similar artists chart and it can stick the rank next to the artist's name near the top of the page.

• Ah, I see. That's cool. :)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 08:28
    <3!!!! that's soooo cool :D thanks dude! :) i love my red stars ^^

• Great script!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 12:21
    Great little script mate. :P
    One gripe, (and isn't there always one?), the red stars look a bit out of place on my gloomy black schemed page.
    Is there an easy way to change the red stars into equally moody black ones?

• I think it's cool the way it highlights each artist briefly, to show where it's at in the list. Nice touch. :)

• I don't see any stars, but my top artist turned red instead. And when I enter an artists page, their name is red. Almost every artist is red, because almost every artist has a top fan here at Last.fm...

And there is no information or whatsoever, the artist link is just red instead.

Can this be because I'm using the Degayifier?

Do you have a Real Avatar? We do! | Use Greasemonkey to improve Last.fm!
    Are you Addicted To Last.fm? Join our big family! Need help? Last.fm Detox is there for you!
  • sheephead85 said:

Probably. Right-click on the Monkey in your statusbar and disable Degayifier, then reload the page and see what it looks like. That should tell you if that's why it's not working.

• KarnEvil9 said:
    sheephead85 said:

Probably. Right-click on the Monkey in your statusbar and disable Degayifier, then reload the page and see what it looks like. That should tell you if that's why it's not working.

Yeah I know... I tried that... Still doesn't work. It's not working at all now. The link isn't even red anymore...

Are you Addicted To Last.fm? Join our big family! Need help? Last.fm Detox is there for you!
  • Sorry, I don't know what else it could be, unless you have another script interfering.

• Let's see... The ones I have enabled now is "Reply Tracker", "Journal Collapse" and "Degayifier"... and "top fan highlighter" .. hmm, that might be the one I have to disable!

Edit: nope, doesn't work... Oh well...

• I don't think Top Fan Highligher works on the new site, unless I missed an update.

I can't imagine Reply Tracker would be an issue, but that's the only other one I'm not using (other than Degayifer, which you've already tried disabling).

• I'm using Reply Tracker and Artist Fan Rank works fine for me.

• spacefish said:
    I'm using Reply Tracker and Artist Fan Rank works fine for me.

Yeah, I'm so sorry, but it works fine for me too now :)

• Woot! Glad to hear it. :)

• kepp sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 22:08
    donten said:
    Great little script mate. :P
    One gripe, (and isn't there always one?), the red stars look a bit out of place on my gloomy black schemed page.
    Is there an easy way to change the red stars into equally moody black ones?

you can change the images by replacing the IMAGE_ARTIST/_ALT's at the top with the ones below. I'll try add something to support themes I guess... (I hope these get through ok)

const IMAGE_ARTIST = "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAMAAAC6V+0/AAAASFBMVEX////5+fnt7e3s7Oz8/Pz09PT6+vrv7+/Z2dn+/v5ycnImJiaysrIZGRm/v79mZmbl5eVZWVmMjIx/f3+ZmZkzMzM/Pz/y8vKAVgYuAAAAoUlEQVR42n2RWw6DMAwEtyYPIAQCBLj/TevFbVSpVecDpNFKXju4eUgnH4BIo0mnKR+gBG/ydtGp6XsGokmRODA2jvwOtDpDHEhKII5SxINMOU8gXmUnAbOy5Lzwj3AnUVJupAKTKOvbrQUvqWzmNqBJJdHZfBvE5pacuVartOdUa8o7K7Xyx9lr/DxYvq1ZLyhXtTXbQQwXf5zu/5G/n+MJdi4G3WyUQUUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=";
    const IMAGE_ARTIST_ALT = "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";

• kepp sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 22:12
    damn, i'll post something later, gtg

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.