Your favorite Grateful Dead album & why.

• Your favorite Grateful Dead album & why.

Without a doubt my fav album is Dead Set. Every song on that album is in my top fav Dead songs. Peace.

In U.S. and A. they treat horses like we in Kazakhstan treat our women. They feed them two times a day. They have them sleep on straw in a small box. And for entertainment, they make them jump over fences while being whipped.
  • The Best Of Skeletons From The Closet, but my favorite song is ripple, i also like the album bob dylan and the dead

SPILL THE WINE...... TAKE THAT PEARL!!!!!!!
  • Yeah, the Dylan & The Dead album IS awesome!! In honor of that check out our new avie. Peace.

In U.S. and A. they treat horses like we in Kazakhstan treat our women. They feed them two times a day. They have them sleep on straw in a small box. And for entertainment, they make them jump over fences while being whipped.
    • Jayryn sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 sep 2010, 11:40
    skull & roses for the live vibe

• Good calls on both of those albums guys. Also, I have to admit In The Dark is right up there as well. Hell In A Bucket, & Touch of Grey are my two favs off that album. Actually, Touch of Grey just may be my fav Dead tune period!! I know, I catch alot of guff for that statement, but it's true.

• Blues For Allah would have to be my favorite studio album for the simple reason that before my roommate turned me on to that, I couldn't stand that raggedy jugband sound I had always associated with The Dead. But once I heard--and I mean it truly was love at first hearing--"Franklin's Tower," I was many steps into a journey of becoming a full-fledged Deadhead.
    As far as the live releases, the first installment of Dick's Picks from Tampa 1973 is without a close competitor my absolute favorite. I haven't heard a tighter, groovier "Here Comes Sunshine" yet; nor do I know of a "Weather Report Suite" that makes me want to cry more than that one. That version of "Mississippi Half-Step" is top-notch as well. And, for some strange reason, Jerry was on the ball that night. I mean his voice was strong and musical, the guitar in tune, and he remembered all the words!!

• I Really Dont Have A Particular Fav Album THere All Great GD Is Just Great

• Hard 2 pick..

Blues for Allah is great studio and Live Dead is awsome live, skull & roses aswell..
    then we have Infrared Roses, a real killer :D I also allways liked Two from the Vault.

• owen54 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 nov 2010, 23:17
    Skull & Roses for being the first GD album I ever heard and Europe 72 because I was there. Two and-a-half hours of the New Riders and then five hours from The Dead. I'm on the bus. Definitely.

• reckoning, just love each song on that album is fantastic.

• Live/Dead without a doubt, because that's the way I got to know the Dead. I'll never forget that rainy autumn afternoon. I was home alone, around 16 years old.
    My world changed forever after listening to that album, as if a veil was pulled from before my eyes...
    Especially Saint Stephen did something to me. Guess it was just Dead Magic :-)

"Take your time...don't live too fast, troubles will come and they will pass."
    • jdavani sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2012, 22:09
    Technically a box set, but Europe 72 the complete recordings. Or just Europe 72. Twas how I was introduced to the dead.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.