Console Based Players

• kesara sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 apr 2005, 03:47

Console Based Players

Ne body know about any console based player with Audioscrobbler support?

• I use mpd, the music player daemon. There are many ways to control it, including the command line. `emerge mpd mpc` and you'll have what you need.

There are some neat gtk based controllers, I like gmpc.

I also have a script loaded into irssi that let's me control mpd too, and mpd and irssi aren't even running on the same machine. :)

• kesara sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 apr 2005, 15:51
    Thankx
    mpd, mpc with mpdscribble <http://scribble.frob.nl/>; worked for me:)

• Excellent! :)

• fasa sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jul 2005, 02:06

mpg123

I love mpg123. I think it would rock if it had audioscrobbler support, but I don't think it's got much of a plugin architecture. Perhaps a patch for it? I use xmms for day-to-day use, but it would be awesome to be able to use mpg123 also.

• kesara sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jul 2005, 02:55

Re: mpg123

Quoth fasa:
    I love mpg123. I think it would rock if it had audioscrobbler support, but I don't think it's got much of a plugin architecture. Perhaps a patch for it? I use xmms for day-to-day use, but it would be awesome to be able to use mpg123 also.

Another disadvantage of mpg123 is, it doesn't play *.ogg
    Now I use XMMS with xmms-extra which provides extra collection of commandline tools to control xmms.

• ipridian sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 aug 2005, 06:24
    I suggest XMMS2. Yes, 2. It is way better than MPD for flexibility. But it is in development. Though it didn't break anything on my box.

More info can be found here :
    http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se

K.Yuki
    • snivitz sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 sep 2005, 00:05
    ncmpc is a nice ncurses mpc front-end with vi-like (customizable) key bindings, a file browser and search functions making playlist management intutitive and painless.

In other news, if you're planning to make mpdscribble work with mpd, remember not to turn crossfading on. If you do mpdscribble will complain that skipping is detected and refuse to submit your song. This is a bug which is expected to be resolved in future versions.

Redigerad av snivitz den 21 sep 2005, 04:33
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 feb 2006, 18:47
    You also can use Last.fm Proxy + mpg123.

• makii sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2006, 22:15
    Thanks for the hint concerning mpdscribble.

$ emerge mpdscribble -v --pretend

:-)

1 + 1 = 10
  • For people using mpdscribble, try scmpc, I has no problems with crossfading, and I really think it's far superior.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-438701-highlight-scmpc.html

• kesara sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2006, 19:16

Re:

Quoth Gentleman_finn:
    For people using mpdscribble, try scmpc, I has no problems with crossfading, and I really think it's far superior.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-438701-highlight-scmpc.html

Looks good.
    I'm gonna try it.
    Thx for the info.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 maj 2006, 09:43
    There's a console-based Last.fm Player, Shell-fm.

• kesara sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2006, 06:48

Re:

Quoth QuoldWind:
    There's a console-based Last.fm Player, Shell-fm.

Thx 4 the info.

• XMMS2, seconded. it has a scrobbler plugin and is my favorite CLI media player.

• I used to use mpd with mpdscribble and sonata (and mpc for fluxbox keybindings), but I kept having this alsa issue where it would lock up, and also lock up any other programs using sound until I killed it.

So now I'm using MOC with a program I wrote to submit songs through lastfmsubmitd.

~ just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there
    • resurtm sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 jun 2008, 11:26
    mpd
    ncmpc
    mpdscribble

Sometimes: mingus in Emacs.

• tomaszg sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2008, 20:35
    MOC + some script to use lastfmsubmitd.

• Cmus + last-cmus :-P

• matiit sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jan 2009, 11:38
    Sonata has a native support for scrobbling

• ufoman sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 feb 2010, 22:16
    These days - Amarok. But I'm a long time MPD user ;)

• i do use mpd with ncmpcpp and mpdscribble. This connection rox!

• There's no official support for Audioscrobbler with MOC, but I got it to work. With MOC, you have it run a program OnSongChange, that program will get information from MOC, wait until the song is half over (so when you change songs a lot, those aren't counted) and then if you're still listening to the song it will send that information to lastfmsubmit, and then to lastfmsubmitd.

woo!
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.