Sorry, I simply can't date you if...

• sgath92 said:
    CrybKeeper said:
    Humanity does suck actually. Cats and puppies will love you unconditionally and I doubt your cat will take up a semi-auto and shoot back ;-)
    '

That's only because humans aren't 4 inches tall.

Cats are bullies. They scratch & bite up animals a lot smaller than they are, and they don't even do it for food. It's just sadistic entertainment for them.

Indeed. Cats are evil. It's a fact that has been well noted and respected by several cultures throughout the centuries.

But actually I couldn't date you if you worshipped or had an inordinate attachment to any animal.

Resonance: Indie Music Vibes
  • Your favorite band in the whole world is The Beastie Boys.

• bobcot87 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 13:30
    ^ Seconded!!

You've never read Lord of the Rings...it really bugs me

To live in the hearts we leave behind
    Is not to die

• X-25or6to4 said:
    xCobe said:

People 'fall in love' too easily these days..

"God help them when they realize what love acutally is"
    -> You claim to know better, than "people" what love is // with 19 Years below your belt?

You both have good points.
    Love is something highly misunderstood in the world today.
    And yes it's true that there is not definitive consensus of what LOVE is.
    But can we agree that love is an attraction, a high of emotion, a longing to want more of someone, to know them completely, a magnetism if you will?
    Can we concede that love is also more than simply a physical reaction or a temporary obsession? Do we not admire that it requires some sort of change on our part to better ourselves and perhaps even sacrifice for the good of that other soul?
    If I say "I love you, I want you, I want all good things for you..." and I've known you for only three weeks, am I lying?
    If I say "I love you with every fiber of my being" and you've been so hurt and jaded by heartbreaks from past lovers that you can't bring yourself to believe there is such a benevolent thing as love, does that take away from the depth of my love for you?
    If I say "I am leaving you because that is the best thing for you and I love you that much, to do what I know is right for you," is that true love or just an excuse to make myself feel better?
    I don't have all the answers about love either. I know I feel it deeply when it comes and I find it terribly sad when others have numbed themselves to love because the loss of it wounds them so.

• Selfsurprise said:
    game_of_pricks said:
    'Thats [sic] what i've [sic] been doing wrong all these years! Thank you game_of_pricks. Thank you for making me see the error of my ways! [sic]'

No problem. It would also seem that spelling and grammar are also things you need to work on, along with conceptual inconsistency and humourless, self aggrandising posts.

Anyway glad I could help.

(P.S. I think what I was trying to point out, seeing as the implicit point was clearly missed, was this: members of music communities tend to, generally speaking, think of themselves as being 'liberal' or whatever. However the posts on here are rubbish, not funny and fairly offensive. Reflects the sort of mindset of those who possess the 'dogmas' and 'idealogies [sic]' which are you so critical of and try to place yourself above.)

I wish you would quote properly. Your posts might be slightly less dull and uninteresting then ;)

I find it hilarious that you think my posts are humourless and not at all self-effacing. I'm torn between correcting you or keeping up the deception for my amusement. I'd hate to think you didn't feel as though you were helping!

Ah, so that is what you were doing! You were playing the fool, when really you're a closet academic, devastating the LastFm message boards with your irreverent takes on posting etiquette. Ah I see how you did it now, saying things that clearly contrast in order to satirize the confused political stance that many seem to possess. This biting social comment was increased with the deliberate misspelling of 'ideologies'. Wow.

Its a bit like what a lot of post-modern writers like Barthes and Amis do; while you're reading their stuff they're lurking in the margins whispering 'is this what I really think?', and I suppose you'll never know, will you? It's very difficult to fully know what a writer thinks, even in a post like this. I'm glad we have writers as open and honest as yourself to blow apart the ambiguity in authorial intention and help explain the 'humour' and 'self-effacement' present in their posts, things which could be missed by more feeble minded individuals like myself.

Toodles

K.x

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 4 maj 2011, 14:35
    MystiCali44 said:
    Indeed. Cats are evil human. It's a fact that has been well noted and respected by several cultures throughout the centuries.
    Yes, I realise my edit is a biological fallacy, but cats are as close as you get to having complex, 'human' personalities in the animal kingdom before you get to great apes, in my opinion. I find them endlessly fascinating for that exact reason; they're us without filter, in a rather cute and cuddly exterior. Given opposable thumbs, I have no doubt they would be our feline overlords. With all that said, since I can't open my home to an orangutan, I'd like a cat.

game_of_pricks, I'd highly recommend getting to know people around here before wading in, size elevens flailing in all directions. Whilst your carefully rehearsed and considered rant (because ultimately, that's what it is) at selfsurprise was amusing and I certainly wouldn't refrain from reading another 'insight' from you, it's not usually prudent to make snap-judgements on someone based on a single thing they say; it's almost as if you're repeating the same 'mistake' you decided to chastise for, in fact, which is endlessly entertaining in a contradictory manner. See, even I can use a thesaurus!

To summarise; I'd wind your neck in, sunshine.

Back on topic, I have issues with those that repeat the same mistakes. Make them and learn from them, whatever they may be and you will be better for it. Ask me the same question twice though (unless I failed to give you a satisfactory answer) or bring me the same problem, and you and I are going to have an issue.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
  • I would not date a ned, or someone too fat or too mean or too unattractive. But other than that my standards are fairly low. [2]

• xCobe sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 15:30
    X-25or6to4 said:
    xCobe

I agree with you PRETTY MUCH 100%.

I don't know what love is, i didn't mean to clame to. My point was that the way people throw the word around these days who can really tell what it is? But the day that they really feel it, tye day they know they're really in love, it will come like a freight train. I know i can't fall in love yet, i know i haven't been in love yet, but there's kids younger than me saying it their boyfriends/girlsfriends. There's people using it as a way to get past their girlfriend's/boyfriend's defenses.

I agree that the problem with only being 19 means i lack experiance, but i've seen what love can do at both ends of the spectrum, and whether being in love with a partner can be compared to loving our family/friends, i know i love my mum more than i couldl ever possibly love another thing for the rest of time. But being 19 doesn't mean i'm any less smart, or mature, or wise, or sensible, or emotional or whatever as the next person, regardless of how old they are or how mich 'experiance' they have.

I don't think love is any one thing and i don't think it's the same between individuals, i don't think we can even put it down to simply emotions.

And as for being humble, i don't want to be like anybody else, i don't want to fall into categories with other people. I dont believe i'm like anybody else, i'm not saying i'm better, nor am i worse, i'm just different.

He who makes a beast out of himself
    gets rid of the pain of being a man.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 16:07
    game_of_pricks said:
    Ah, so that is what you were doing! You were playing the fool, when really you're a closet academic, devastating the LastFm message boards with your irreverent takes on posting etiquette. Ah I see how you did it now, saying things that clearly contrast in order to satirize the confused political stance that many seem to possess. This biting social comment was increased with the deliberate misspelling of 'ideologies'. Wow.

Its a bit like what a lot of post-modern writers like Barthes and Amis do; while you're reading their stuff they're lurking in the margins whispering 'is this what I really think?', and I suppose you'll never know, will you? It's very difficult to fully know what a writer thinks, even in a post like this. I'm glad we have writers as open and honest as yourself to blow apart the ambiguity in authorial intention and help explain the 'humour' and 'self-effacement' present in their posts, things which could be missed by more feeble minded individuals like myself.

Toodles

K.x

I've decided I like you Pricky! You bore the brunt of my considerable avant-garde sensibilities and came out of the onslaught with your dimpled smile intact. If I were wearing a bonnet i'd tip it to you

[butt pat]

c:

~

Let me put my initial post about chavs being sub-human into some sort of context. Maybe I do use terms like chav and gypsy too often, I honestly don't mean anything hateful. I might have differences in opinion and taste compared too many in my community but i'm way too self-reflexive to ever take myself seriously

It might shock some of you to know that I actually can tell the difference between a traveller and a scumbag who just so happens to spend their time in a caravan they inherited from their 25 year old grandparents. I'm kidding about the last part! Obviously! (to a degree). I'm from Tamworth which, unlike many places in the Midlands, has little to offer for the counter-culturally or artistically minded sort of person. You see how one can develop a fringe complex in such a dull environment?

As I mentioned i'm a Midlander and thus have developed into a curious mixture of misanthropic people hating pessimist and open-minded liberal "loony left" type obsessed with art and experimentation - unconcerned with the boring North/South divide in England despite generally being looked down upon by both...

• xCobe sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 17:40
    I simply can't date you if you're from -
    Selfsurprise said:
    Tamworth

I kid. I don't generalize. But all chavs do need to be shot in the kneecaps.

He who makes a beast out of himself
    gets rid of the pain of being a man.
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 18:34
    bobcot87 said:

You've never read Lord of the Rings...it really bugs me

touché. But one can improve.

• CrybKeeper said:
    Humanity does suck actually. Cats and puppies will love you unconditionally and I doubt your cat will take up a semi-auto and shoot back ;-)

Cats only love you unconditionally when A) you feed them when they want you to, B) you touch them only when they want you to, which is usually when you are sleeping.
    other then that they are cold heartless animals.

• Galm_2 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 18:52
    This is deeply interesting actually.

• V1nc3ntK sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 18:57
    think you meant to post here: http://www.last.fm/forum/5/_/625375

The Ancient DisOrder of the Last FM Round Table
  • Selfsurprise said:
    game_of_pricks said:

Toodles

K.x

I've decided I like you Pricky! You bore the brunt of my considerable avant-garde sensibilities and came out of the onslaught with your dimpled smile intact. If I were wearing a bonnet i'd tip it to you

[butt pat]

c:

~

Let me put my initial post about chavs being sub-human into some sort of context. Maybe I do use terms like chav and gypsy too often, I honestly don't mean anything hateful. I might have differences in opinion and taste compared too many in my community but i'm way too self-reflexive to ever take myself seriously

It might shock some of you to know that I actually can tell the difference between a traveller and a scumbag who just so happens to spend their time in a caravan they inherited from their 25 year old grandparents. I'm kidding about the last part! Obviously! (to a degree). I'm from Tamworth which, unlike many places in the Midlands, has little to offer for the counter-culturally or artistically minded sort of person. You see how one can develop a fringe complex in such a dull environment?

As I mentioned i'm a Midlander and thus have developed into a curious mixture of misanthropic people hating pessimist and open-minded liberal "loony left" type obsessed with art and experimentation - unconcerned with the boring North/South divide in England despite generally being looked down upon by both...

Fair enough. To be honest, and I'm not being funny, and I don't mean to make sweeping generalisations, but I've noticed misanthropic tendencies in all of the people I know who hail from, and have moved to, the Midlands.

I suppose I just think that the subversive aspect and the potency of art of for social change, self expression and collective action is thwarted by attitudes which claim that the counter-culture is admissible to only a few educated and enlightened souls. Bands like Can, Fugazi and Sleater-Kinney are among my heroes because of the political aspect of their work, that politics is subtle; it doesn't always mean burning some notes outside a stock exchange, or writing a song about Iraq, or whatever).

And finally, when it comes to the terms you have used, I find them akin to sexist (and borderline misogynist) terms like 'slut' and 'whore', homophobic ones like 'faggot' and racist terms too. I think if you describe yourself as liberal left you shouldn't really have these as part of the language you use. You may be a libertarian or a conservative (not a terrible thing, no-one's going to hang you for it), but you're not a liberal. It's like calling a guy who smashes your face against a wall a pacifist.

Part of the point of the 'liberal left' is the belief that, in the face of fat television presenters who bang on about how great cars are and how rubbish political correctness is, a non-discriminatory language is worth fighting for. I suppose this is for a lot of reasons, which I can't really be bothered to list, because by now you're either re-evaluating your political world view, or halfway through devising your next hilarious response (likely), but you should check out the material of fellow midlander Stewart Lee for more on why words like 'chav' are a bad thing, and political correctness, the whipping boy for many a red top tabloid, is definitely a positive thing.

Ciao.x

K.

(Oh and thanks for the compliment. After your avant-garde onslaught, a sort of Pyncheon blitzkrieg, I need my morale boosting. One thing that troubles me though, and I wonder if you can answer it; it seems very strange for someone to be a part of the avant-garde as you say, but to be bored so easily. How do you manage to confront the sort of challenging ideas in said counter culture with such a short attention span?)

• Sorry, I simply can't date you if...

... you are fat and/or don't know how to enjoy a good book/record/pint of beer/coffee.

• I simply can`t date you if you are narrow minded

• Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 19:53
    hairy thats about it i think?

• sc0tt10 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 19:53
    I simply can't date you if you are unwilling to put up with my taste in music (you don't even have to like it! just accept it and move on), or if you're one of those morons who believes reading books is for librarians and people trying to look clever in coffee shops.

I also can't date you if you have a pessimistic outlook on life, lighten up.

• I simply can't date you if you're going to treat my mates horribly. I can understand if you don't like some of my mates, but if you go behind my back to be nasty to the people I like, then there's no point in us being together. I don't know how many times I've seen friends go out with people who have been nasty to their other mates.

• Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 22:04
    itrustedyou said:
    hairy thats about it i think?

:(

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• Användare
    • 4 maj 2011, 22:15
    i cant date you if you dont have the strength to have your own opinions on whats important. the "like, whatever" people who float through life without ever asking the question why

• I can't date you if you are a right-wing republican, rude, do drugs, and dislike animals.

• I cant date you if ... you have no sense of humor

• Naijca sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 4 maj 2011, 23:06
    Moving this to the GD game section.

Hear their screams, such sweet music. ♥ Message me → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートを行う。日本語でおk! → [メール]
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.