Your Fictional Band's Name

• Your Fictional Band's Name

I have recently found myself obsessed with the titles of songs and the names of bands. So I am selfishly creating a thread to satisfy my own curiosity on the subject. Have you given any thoughts to a name you would want for your own band? Even if you are musical inept, haven't you thought about it? Or else, what are your favorite existing band names, the kind you would want to take as your own. I am not terribly imaginative, so a few existing names that I like are...

Tin Hat Trio, Blue Oyster Cult, and Sexy Sushi

So any secret fictional band names? Or other favorites? Anyone?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2011, 16:27
    Coming up with band names is one of my saddest hobbies, i'm always planning some new noise/power electronics/ambient project and I always have trouble coming up and settling on one name... My imagination is a little, odd... :p

7 Genders: Mad percussive noise/skronk
    Acidbreather: Incredibly foul doom/sludge metal
    Agelast: A person who never laughs. Depressive post-black metal seems appropriate.
    Assonance: Its a good word, I don't know of anyone who has used it...
    Bad Horsemeat: Influenced by a Charlie Hammond painting/collage, and incidently a name used for one of my Deliberate Flaws songs [/utterly depiscable self-plug]
    Beholderkin Lolita: Thats... just my little thing... moving on! ;p
    Black People Can Laugh To: Something the artist Yinka Shonibare once said and has stayed with me. World music freakout folk.
    Black Polysulphide: A sort of viscous modelling material used a lot by Tim Noble & Sue Webster. I'm thinking much darker logical step of the template Factory Floor set
    The C3P-HOES: Could be the next Winnebago Deal! :p
    Condemn Rationale: Ultra cynical black metal informed death industrial
    The Cura: Like the The Cure only named after the Final Fantasy spell of the same name, DO YOU GET IT?! c:
    Degeneracy: Good crust/anarchopunk band name
    Elven Bath House: Evokes all sort of geeky anime/DnD/fan service tendancies, if you decided to theme your band so...
    Epiphanic Vomiting Of Blood: Title of a Gnaw Their Tongues song. Coldly inhuman and unmusical forms of black metal.
    From Mordor With Love: The brilliantly titled exhibition of Pavel Peppersteins work last year at the Regina Gallery. Would make stuff like Current 93's I Have A Special Plan For This World
    Fuck The Countryside Alliance: Title of a Future of the Left song
    Generous In Death: Would make for an ace as tits martial industrial name
    Grey Fug: Something in the vein of Pissed Jeans less musical output
    Grey Sky Thinking: The opposite of so called 'Blue Sky Thinking'. I'm considering this one for my next noise project.
    Heuwagen: I think its german for 'horse wagon', I nicked the name from an Anselm Reyle sculpture. Schranz techno
    Hoar Shade: An undead creature from Magic The Gathering's Ice Age expansion. Purist power electronics
    Holocaust Denial: Unbelievably i've yet to find anyone who has used this! Power electronics/oi! noise potential?
    Hum Of Blood: Nice poetic name for an ultra minimal performance art themed dark ambient project.
    Hungry Spider: I might use this for a vocal manipulation project I have planned.
    I Poveri Sono Matti: Italian for "the poor are mad". Hyper-european progressive instrumental
    Inflated Goatskin: If you wanted to form some sort of folk informed garage/scumpunk band (though what on earth would possess you to do that i'm not sure ;p ) I could think of worse names
    Kelsinko Ranger: Creature card from Magic The Gatherings Ice Age expansion. I might use this for a soloist neofolk/primitivist music project
    Laugh! And Grow Fat: Quote from Fatman of the 2nd MGS game.
    Learningcave: An idea for a collaborative experimental "shoegazer imitation" band I had and put on the backburner
    Lie To A Dog: Name of a Urs Fischer sculpture resembling a wedge of cheese nailed onto a blue plate. Lo-fi bedroom rock.
    London's Burning With Boredom: I think its a line from a song by The Clash... I'm thinking some sort of britpop/m-beat informed drone experiment
    Makka Pakka: A dumpy little character from childrens TV series In The Night Garden. Self effacing acidic IDM
    The Man Who Found Out: Name of an Algernon Blackwood short story. I would like to use this one for a "found sound" appropriation project I have planned
    Manananggal: A sort of Philippino vampire that detach its upper body from its legs. Could do a black metal split with Penanggalan :p
    Massentourismus: German for 'mass tourism', indie as fuck?
    MeccaDonalds: Nicked from a Kenneth Tin-Kin Hung collage. Digital hardcore/spazzy breakbeat project who could collaborate with PAC:MAO :p
    Mushroom Wine: Someone should start a folktronica band under this name
    Music Is A Feeble, Unsucessful Activity: Re-formulated Merlin Carpenter quote (he was on about painting originally)
    Ninky Nonk: A sort of magical train from childrens TV series In The Night Garden. Mutated garage music
    Penanggalan: A sort of female Malaysian vampire that can detach its head from its body and fly. Could do a black metal split with Manananggal :p
    Pig Skull Teapot: Death metal band that play with the genres dumb macho image
    PAC:MAO: Nicked from a Kenneth Tin-Kin Hung collage. Digital hardcore/spazzy breakbeat project who could collaborate with MeccaDonalds :p
    Parao De Mees Mit Ausgesudetem Auge d'Orange: Title of a Jonathan Meese painting. Supernaturally inclined theatrical dark prog
    Princess Diana: Come on!... Someones got to be tasteless enough right?! I'd like to start some sort of noise based covers band under that name
    Ray Of Bloody Sunshine: Not sure if this is better than Grey Sky Thinking... another name I might use for my hopefully eventual power electronics project
    Roma Eterna: Perfect for a roman themed martial industrial act
    Sekraphago: Not sure where I stole this from but it would make an excellent occult metal band name
    The Shapeless Ones Of Erdington: For fans of the bizarre/paranormal, a small number people have claimed to have seen bizarre writhing entities underneath trees around less populated areas of Erdington in Birmingham, England. If I was going to do something in the vein of Black Seas Of Infinity I might settle on this name
    Snare For Wolves: An incredibly depressing bristolian choke band.
    Solid-Eye: Solid Snakes eye piece from the 4th MGS game. Dubstep/techstep/hardstyle dnb?
    Thomas The Imposter: Named after a Tom Burr sculpture.
    Truteal: A sort of imaginary blind burrowing mammal conceived by Dougal Dixon in his book After Man. 2-Step/urban musqie concrete.
    Union Hacks: The best mutant form techno/visual band you ever did see
    Valkonian Objects: Named after a Steven Claydon sculpture. Krautrock without a shadowv of a doubt, or one of those new fangled witch house dudes
    Vexation To The Spirit: Feminist anarcho-symphonical chamber leanings
    Vouivre: A French mythological beast resembling a beautiful woman with the lower body of a snake and draconic wings. Martial/neofolk is a must!
    Vulgar Migration: Freakish lovecraftian ambient
    We Piss Eagles: Title of a Wes Lang drawing. Achingly self-aware razor tipped shoegaze/tantrum folk
    Yangjiang Youth: A photographic series by Zheng Guogu. Some sort of upbeat electronica eclectica music
    Yangus: Hackney voiced bandit from Dragon Quest: Journey Of The Cursed King. Seems like a nicely obscure moniker one man noise unit
    Zettai Ryouiki: A sort of bizarre Japanese fetish focused on area of uncovered thigh between the skirt and the stockings, particularly on anime girls.

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 8 mar 2011, 16:34
    • Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2011, 16:33
    Sinister Sorrow.

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• V1nc3ntK sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2011, 20:54
    this
    Selfsurprise said:
    Coming up with band names is one of my saddest hobbies, i'm always planning some new noise/power electronics/ambient project and I always have trouble coming up and settling on one name... My imagination is a little, odd... :p

7 Genders: Mad percussive noise/skronk
    Acidbreather: Incredibly foul doom/sludge metal
    Agelast: A person who never laughs. Depressive post-black metal seems appropriate.
    Assonance: Its a good word, I don't know of anyone who has used it...
    Bad Horsemeat: Influenced by a Charlie Hammond painting/collage, and incidently a name used for one of my Deliberate Flaws songs [/utterly depiscable self-plug]
    Beholderkin Lolita: Thats... just my little thing... moving on! ;p
    Black People Can Laugh To: Something the artist Yinka Shonibare once said and has stayed with me. World music freakout folk.
    Black Polysulphide: A sort of viscous modelling material used a lot by Tim Noble & Sue Webster. I'm thinking much darker logical step of the template Factory Floor set
    The C3P-HOES: Could be the next Winnebago Deal! :p
    Condemn Rationale: Ultra cynical black metal informed death industrial
    The Cura: Like the The Cure only named after the Final Fantasy spell of the same name, DO YOU GET IT?! c:
    Degeneracy: Good crust/anarchopunk band name
    Elven Bath House: Evokes all sort of geeky anime/DnD/fan service tendancies, if you decided to theme your band so...
    Epiphanic Vomiting Of Blood: Title of a Gnaw Their Tongues song. Coldly inhuman and unmusical forms of black metal.
    From Mordor With Love: The brilliantly titled exhibition of Pavel Peppersteins work last year at the Regina Gallery. Would make stuff like Current 93's I Have A Special Plan For This World
    Fuck The Countryside Alliance: Title of a Future of the Left song
    Generous In Death: Would make for an ace as tits martial industrial name
    Grey Fug: Something in the vein of Pissed Jeans less musical output
    Grey Sky Thinking: The opposite of so called 'Blue Sky Thinking'. I'm considering this one for my next noise project.
    Heuwagen: I think its german for 'horse wagon', I nicked the name from an Anselm Reyle sculpture. Schranz techno
    Hoar Shade: An undead creature from Magic The Gathering's Ice Age expansion. Purist power electronics
    Holocaust Denial: Unbelievably i've yet to find anyone who has used this! Power electronics/oi! noise potential?
    Hum Of Blood: Nice poetic name for an ultra minimal performance art themed dark ambient project.
    Hungry Spider: I might use this for a vocal manipulation project I have planned.
    I Poveri Sono Matti: Italian for "the poor are mad". Hyper-european progressive instrumental
    Inflated Goatskin: If you wanted to form some sort of folk informed garage/scumpunk band (though what on earth would possess you to do that i'm not sure ;p ) I could think of worse names
    Kelsinko Ranger: Creature card from Magic The Gatherings Ice Age expansion. I might use this for a soloist neofolk/primitivist music project
    Laugh! And Grow Fat: Quote from Fatman of the 2nd MGS game.
    Learningcave: An idea for a collaborative experimental "shoegazer imitation" band I had and put on the backburner
    Lie To A Dog: Name of a Urs Fischer sculpture resembling a wedge of cheese nailed onto a blue plate. Lo-fi bedroom rock.
    London's Burning With Boredom: I think its a line from a song by The Clash... I'm thinking some sort of britpop/m-beat informed drone experiment
    Makka Pakka: A dumpy little character from childrens TV series In The Night Garden. Self effacing acidic IDM
    The Man Who Found Out: Name of an Algernon Blackwood short story. I would like to use this one for a "found sound" appropriation project I have planned
    Manananggal: A sort of Philippino vampire that detach its upper body from its legs. Could do a black metal split with Penanggalan :p
    Massentourismus: German for 'mass tourism', indie as fuck?
    MeccaDonalds: Nicked from a Kenneth Tin-Kin Hung collage. Digital hardcore/spazzy breakbeat project who could collaborate with PAC:MAO :p
    Mushroom Wine: Someone should start a folktronica band under this name
    Music Is A Feeble, Unsucessful Activity: Re-formulated Merlin Carpenter quote (he was on about painting originally)
    Ninky Nonk: A sort of magical train from childrens TV series In The Night Garden. Mutated garage music
    Penanggalan: A sort of female Malaysian vampire that can detach its head from its body and fly. Could do a black metal split with Manananggal :p
    Pig Skull Teapot: Death metal band that play with the genres dumb macho image
    PAC:MAO: Nicked from a Kenneth Tin-Kin Hung collage. Digital hardcore/spazzy breakbeat project who could collaborate with MeccaDonalds :p
    Parao De Mees Mit Ausgesudetem Auge d'Orange: Title of a Jonathan Meese painting. Supernaturally inclined theatrical dark prog
    Princess Diana: Come on!... Someones got to be tasteless enough right?! I'd like to start some sort of noise based covers band under that name
    Ray Of Bloody Sunshine: Not sure if this is better than Grey Sky Thinking... another name I might use for my hopefully eventual power electronics project
    Roma Eterna: Perfect for a roman themed martial industrial act
    Sekraphago: Not sure where I stole this from but it would make an excellent occult metal band name
    The Shapeless Ones Of Erdington: For fans of the bizarre/paranormal, a small number people have claimed to have seen bizarre writhing entities underneath trees around less populated areas of Erdington in Birmingham, England. If I was going to do something in the vein of Black Seas Of Infinity I might settle on this name
    Snare For Wolves: An incredibly depressing bristolian choke band.
    Solid-Eye: Solid Snakes eye piece from the 4th MGS game. Dubstep/techstep/hardstyle dnb?
    Thomas The Imposter: Named after a Tom Burr sculpture.
    Truteal: A sort of imaginary blind burrowing mammal conceived by Dougal Dixon in his book After Man. 2-Step/urban musqie concrete.
    Union Hacks: The best mutant form techno/visual band you ever did see
    Valkonian Objects: Named after a Steven Claydon sculpture. Krautrock without a shadowv of a doubt, or one of those new fangled witch house dudes
    Vexation To The Spirit: Feminist anarcho-symphonical chamber leanings
    Vouivre: A French mythological beast resembling a beautiful woman with the lower body of a snake and draconic wings. Martial/neofolk is a must!
    Vulgar Migration: Freakish lovecraftian ambient
    We Piss Eagles: Title of a Wes Lang drawing. Achingly self-aware razor tipped shoegaze/tantrum folk
    Yangjiang Youth: A photographic series by Zheng Guogu. Some sort of upbeat electronica eclectica music
    Yangus: Hackney voiced bandit from Dragon Quest: Journey Of The Cursed King. Seems like a nicely obscure moniker one man noise unit
    Zettai Ryouiki: A sort of bizarre Japanese fetish focused on area of uncovered thigh between the skirt and the stockings, particularly on anime girls.

The Ancient DisOrder of the Last FM Round Table
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2011, 00:12
    This thread needs more posts.

Arthritus: Gore metal is overlooking a goldmine.
    Disney Hyperviolence: A band that veers because saccharine smiley shoegazer and screeching turntablist noise in a heartbeat.
    Have At You! Tumorshark Vagrant!: This one would take way to long to explain...
    Hounds Of Tindalos: Horrifying dimensional canines of Lovecfraft mythos. I'm thinking a sort of melancholic grimfolk band that give way to moments of nihilistic electronic terror.
    Sasami Effect: A geeky term describing a crush an otaku has on an young female character, citing a Tenchi Muyo character named Sasami has example. I see it/them supporting The Knife on tour :p
    Urophion: A DnD monster that resembles a stalagmite with tentacles and a face. Sickly toned death metal of the most vulgar and aberrant form.

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 19 mar 2011, 00:35
    • Kennoth sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 mar 2011, 00:17
    Here's more names

Perverted Wormthrall (some political trash-death/grind metal)
    Carnivore (parody old school death metal band mostly singing about their love for fried meet products)
    The Florists (parody goregrind band that would be brutal like fuck with incomprehensible lyrics but actually talking about love and flowers and how important it is for kids to brush their teeth before bed)

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• Användare
    • 19 mar 2011, 00:35
    Before I forget - I got this on one of those terrible and uninspiring band name generators, donkeys ago

Jesus Is A Boring Ghastly Woman

• The Femme Fatales- an avant garde band with a sultry vocalist who's sound is reminescent to The Ink Spots.
    The Only Tree in Venice- Indie Folk. Perhaps Comprised of Canadians. Alternate name, "The Only Canadian in Venice".

An actual novalty indie folk band I was a drummer in, brain-child of a disconcerting man-child. Box of Pastries. We had stage names. That doubled as pastries. Mine was "Bon Bon". Our vocalist/wind instrumentalist was "Dey Niche". Bass/keyboard, "Coco Torte" and lead guitar, "Minnie E. Claire". *Cough*.

• Plasmalife
    Plasmalite
    Plasma Ball?

Something with Plasma in it >.>

• Användare
    • 20 mar 2011, 02:20
    Mangel Wankers for swedish 80's crust punk
    Black Elk Speaks, Chokes and Dies for my horrifying black/noise project
    Episiotomy or Pudenda for death industrial in the vein of Nicole 12

• Captain Peacock and the Nasca Lines

• Foladeli sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 mar 2011, 17:00
    Scared Of Rainbows

• Användare
    • 22 mar 2011, 13:00
    Inebriari said:
    Black Elk Speaks, Chokes and Dies for my horrifying black/noise project

Do it.

I'll sponsor you! :p

• Användare
    • 22 mar 2011, 13:19
    Darkerthrone: Just because it would it be funny. Especially if it wasn't particularly extreme music.
    The Dogs Are Laughing And I Am Blind: Excerpt from a Nurse With Wound song title. Creepily weird and as uncomfortably funny as that band gets. I'm thinking a loosely associated group of performers/volunteers using just their voices to build layered hellish soundscapes.
    Familie Tezcan: A family of German based Turkish breakdancers/circus performers documented by artist Nevin Aladag in his video of the same name. Some sort of gloriously joyous no wave band that would eventually get around to performing a live set with the real Tezcan family at some point :P
    Kreuzberger Puddle: Named after Kirsten Pieroth's artwork which involved transporting water from a puddle of water from somewhere (in this case Kreuzberger, Germany) and pouring it out onto the floor of the gallery she is exhibiting in. I'm thinking a project involving setting instruments in outdoor spaces (a flute held outside a window of a driven car, a drum kit in the rain ,etc) and recording the results.
    Sacked By Sainsburys: If I could play an acoustic guitar i'd definately record under this name. Its autobiographical dont you know!
    Shuichi Nitori: The young transgender protaganist of anime series Wandering Son. Something along the lines of Edward Ka-Spel's work. Psychedelic misery tinged synth pop.
    Zorro Wises Up: A surreal comedic critique poem by Augusto Monterosso about Zorro giving up his career as a masked adventurer and writing two books.

• Användare
    • 23 mar 2011, 08:37
    Appetites For Distortion: Do you see what I did there?

• Relentless Alligator - Drum and Bass/Electronica

• Användare
    • 24 mar 2011, 05:05
    Frog Collarbone.
    Nobody steal it.

• Användare
    • 24 mar 2011, 09:51
    NeverSwamNoSea said:
    Frog Collarbone.
    Nobody steal it.

[immediately makes about 50+ 20 minute power electronics songs under this pseudonym]

• rborlax sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 mar 2011, 03:46
    something with wolf in it for sure

• Atlas

It signifies bearing the weight of the world, but also offering a plethora of maps to find your way.
    It also reminds one of "Alas" as in a lamentation
    and "At last" as in an exclamation.
    It's just good all around.

Atlas

Resonance: Indie Music Vibes
    • Användare
    • 5 jun 2011, 22:35
    RETROFORUMANCY! [/bump]

0 0: You have to imagine this one with 5 'spaces' inbetween the two zeros, but the forums formatting won't allow that. Its makes the numbers look like a pair of staring eyes. I nicked the idea from a D-L Alvarez drawing of the same name. Maybe some sort of found audio project that attempts to link 'looking' with listening.
    The 5x22: If I ever get around to forming a drill n' bass informed Park Attack aping band, I might name us after that Tyler Coburn sculpture of a cut out life-sized Napolean Bonarparte with his face cookie-cutted out.
    Akuryou Taisan!: Japanese exorcist utterance that roughly translates as "demons be gone!". Barbarous dark ambient narratives?
    Appalachian Snake Handler: Referencing a Pentecostal religous ritual that takes place in some southwestern American parishes, involving the handling of venomous snakes. This one has one-man art-referencing dynamic noise project written all over it.
    Arachnosatyr: Some sort of spider like version of that iconic race of goat-legged Bacchanalian men of greek mythology. I'm not where I pulled this frankly bizarre name from - reserved for some sort of cross between Momus, Rico and Suicide Commando.
    Artista Poseida: Italian for "possessed artist". Seems like a good excuse for a vocal artist to really act up and go mental on stage.
    Assholy: I'm so clever... :p
    Cat Gut Strings: Supposedly the most sucessful violin craftsmen were said to use the intestines of cats when making fibres for their instruments. This is actually complete guff, a legend said craftsmen encouraged so as to scare away competition - killing a cat was and still is widely considered to be bad luck. It would a wicked name for a vinyl rape noise project though!
    Catastrophile: Someone who is deliberately attracted to failure and disaster.
    Chelsea Bunny: Name taken from a Sarah Lucas sculpture of a limp looking forlorn 'bunny girl' make from stockings. I'm considering using this one for some sort of gender politics power electronics project.
    Entitled To The Sweat Of Your Brow: Perfectly wordy name for any martial industrial mannifesto band whose songs never last less than 15 minutes.
    Experiments For Girls: Probably an all male experimental musician collective who chose their name because it deliberately sounds like one of those patronizing annuals for girls that were so big in the 50's.
    Foolish Wizard: I'm not sure what this one is for... hugely fun prog rock band in the vein of Danava?
    Gef: An infamous paranormal case describes a talkingmoongoose who supposedly haunted a farmhouse on the Isle Of Man (you can read morehere) I think its a pity nobody has taken this yet. Maybe David Tibets surrealist ranting with all the electro fun of Nakion?
    Helium Boulder: A nice colourful name for some sort of effortless, heavily percussive, improization band. A looser freeform version of HEALTH.
    Hermeneutics: A word meaning the intepreative study of religous, social and/or philosophical theory. Oddly I can't associate this with any particular genre or combination thereof. Maybe the artist/s alter the style and production from album to album, or even song to song - taking pre-existing instrumentation and redeveloping it for self-reflexivity (or maybe they'd get bored and make some shouty noise instead) :p
    Indian Fiddle: A Native American method of starting fire without matches or direct heat source.
    Iron Fist Of The Church: Power electronics told from a deeply fundamental catholic/Vatican orthodoxy perspective. I think this has very real potential!
    Jyorogumo: A bizarre Japanese demon sometimes known as a "prostitute spider". They are said to resemble a beautiful woman from the waist up, but from the waist down they have the legs and abdomen of, well, a spider obviously!... Any sort of darkwave will do for a band that chooses this name.
    Litost: A Czechoslovakian word with no direct English translation; it roughly means ""a state of torment upon by the realization of one's inadequacy or misery". Depressive black metal that falls into moments of deceptively joyous Balkan folk.
    Living Arboreally: A gently eco-politically engaged name for any self-respecting baby metal band.
    Long Ulcer: Olde englishe term for someone with a painfully distended anal fistula. Gross stuff! Plague noise potential.
    The Medford Shmoos: A famously bizarre alien close encounter case in which a family in Medford, Oregon in the year 1953 claimed to have seen three white, hairy, featureless creatures resembling bowling pins floating though some woods. I heard that name and instantly thought of The Melvins.
    Nuribotoke: A vile Japanese spirit resembling a rotting black Buddha with dangling eyeballs, said to be borne from a poorly maintained shrine. I reckon some sort of noise project that falls between power electronics and dynamic vinyl abuse, with particularly deadbeat percussion, would suit the moniker.
    ~

I'd add more, but i'm feeling a tad tired at the moment...

• my secret band is Solid Gold Giant Squid hehe

AND I WON'T FREAK OUT THIS TIME I SAID
    • Användare
    • 7 jun 2011, 14:05
    ...and now i'm back from my happy sleepy time! I intend to carry on scaring you with my obscure high strangeness.

Nicol Bolas: Name of a librarian dragon spoken of in archaic legend. Scuzzy UGBM with arcanist overtones and un-kvltishly colorful album art.
    The Nubian Giraffe: Name of Jean-Laurent Agasse painting I happen to like. They'd be some sort of particularly performative art pop collective whose members have onstage names and personas like "The Arab Merchant" and "The Aegyptian Cow".
    Obligation To Atone: Often brought up in philosophical debates, often against the implication that we must atone "for the sins of the father" or of a nations youth to carry the guilt of their elders actions. Would make a marvelous name for a neo-folk and/or martial band.
    Ogress: Excellent name for a one lady industrial/EBM act in the vein of Unter Null or Nebelhexe.
    Orc General: Cool name for a metal band whose style falls between mid-paced war metal and funereal Sabbath riffage.
    Parao De Mees Mit Ausgesudetum Auge d'Orange: Name taken from Jonathan Meese painting of one of his snarling shadowy neo-fascistic alter egos. A massive semi-teutonic name like that deserves a blending of Banco del Mutuo Soccorso italian prog, the instrumental Victoriana of bands like Guapo and Miasma & The Carousel Of Headless Horses, and astral Azazothian fluting courtesy of Part Wild Horses Mane On Both Sides.
    Pascagoula Star Mummy: An infamous 'third kind close encounter' case involving levitating, eyeless, grey-skinned creatures with fused legs and pincer like hands. Such a bizarre physical appearance deserves a noise project of the Fortean sort.
    Paseos: I believe its Spanish for "a leisurely stroll". Such a lovely sunny name invokes for me one of those tropipunk bands like El Guincho and Macaw. They'd use Francis Alys's art and photographs on their album covers.
    Peach Garden Oath: A scene from Luo Guanzhong's historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms - you can read about it here. I'm thinking post-hardcore of the most potent sort. Like Amenra only with much more 'positivity' and colour.
    Pochemuchka: A russian word meaning "somebody who asks too many questions". This could be anything! Something with the word 'glitch' in its top tags.
    Polong And Pelisit: A bizarre duo of Malaysian demons with a curiously symbiotic relationship. The Polong is a vampiric spirit said to resemble a thumb sized beautiful woman, often summoned by evil wizards to spread disease and madness. However if the Polong isn't placated or given its due, it can in turn summon another malevolant spirit that is essentially a blood-sucking cricket. It burrows into a sleeping victims flesh, leaving behind a hole for the Polong to enter his/her body - where she promptly sends them insane. How cute would this be for some sort of acoustic duo?!
    Rapparion: A sort of elemental spirit resembling an idealized white horse. This has neo-folk written all over it.
    Raremon: Those of you who are geeky enough to be familiar with Digimon, will remember that Raremon is that really cool monster resembling a purple oozing mass with teeth and really creepy asymetrical eyes. I want to start some sort of experimental project under this name.
    Sagari Creep: A Sagari is a bizarre Japanese ghost said to be the result of a horse dying beneath a tree. Inevitably looks like a legless rotting horse, except it has an arm growing of it head! I'm not sure why I added the creep part but I like it! A band with this name would be like the Tamworths answer to Ciccone Youth, Daisy Chainsaw or Bored Witch.
    Scalprodens talpiforme: Latin for "tusken mole". A fictional animal from Dougal Dixon's marvelous After Man book.
    Self-Aware Nose Bleed: Not sure where I pulled this one from!
    Shellfish Ogre: A type of Japanese Yokai demon that turns up a lot in various pop culture mediums - usually depicted as a giant with conch shell for a head.
    Shibuya Psychic Research: The name of the paranormal investigation company in the anime series Ghost Hunt. High drama symphonic Manga EBM and industrial dance.

• EvyMetal sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jun 2011, 21:02
    Frisbee Hits Hive

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
  • Photography Like Reason: Instrumental indie group of cult status among a very (very) small group. Will sadly never amount to much and usually only discovered by audiences when they appear as an opening act to presentable bands. But I like them, damnit.
    Schrödinger's Box of Junior Mints: Full orchestra concertos in the poshest of venues. 'Nuff said.
    Ornaments and Arsenic: This femme-exclusive band has a sound reminiscent of the Noir style so prevelant in mid to early American media and culture. Their image and presentation is as important as their exceptional lyrics and their live concerts are not to be missed.
    Matryoshka was an Inside Job: (Love this one) Russian revitalization of avant-garde Ska music with unconscionable instruments added to a fantastical result.

Consider "Your Ficional Band's Name"....resurrecthread.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.