• The Chain!

I'd say you guys would know this game if you listen to the Maconie and Radcliffe Show but if you don't it's very simple. Here's an example. If I was too put the first song in the chain as Country House by Blur, the next person could choose Dirty Harry by Gorillaz because Damon Albarn from Blur is also in Gorillaz.. Or they could choose I Predict a Riot by Kaiser Chiefs because Stephen Street who produced The Great Escape which was the album which had Country House in it also produced Employment by The Kaiser Chiefs which featured I Predict a Riot.

Basically you have to find a link from one song to another please make them as clever as possible and don't go for easy links. I want to see something really smart. Now please don't make the songs TOO obscure, make them songs that are actually linkable. Also please try not to choose something already in the chain because we don't want to be repeating songs already in it.

Now time to get started I hope this goes well. I think we should not start with something clichéd and obvious like of course The Chain by Fleetwood Mac so let's go for something slightly less obvious so I think I'll start us off with Down in A Hole by Alice in Chains .

P.S Forget this thread if it's already been done I hope it hasn't though.

ME. I AM ME.
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 dec 2010, 21:33

Re: The Chain!

obedientdrone said:
    I'd say you guys would know this game if you listen to the Maconie and Radcliffe Show but if you don't it's very simple. Here's an example. If I was too put the first song in the chain as Country House by Blur, the next person could choose Dirty Harry by Gorillaz because Damon Albarn from Blur is also in Gorillaz.. Or they could choose I Predict a Riot by Kaiser Chiefs because Stephen Street who produced The Great Escape which was the album which had Country House in it also produced Employment by The Kaiser Chiefs which featured I Predict a Riot.

That made me LOL

"Do They Know It's Christmas?", starring Boy George, David Bowie, Phil Collins, Sting, Bono, members of Duran Duran, and others

As the video director of the song, Nigel Dick also directed the video for Down in a Hole

• Re: Re: The Chain!

DaddyPobbin said:
    obedientdrone said:

That made me LOL

"Do They Know It's Christmas?", starring Boy George, David Bowie, Phil Collins, Sting, Bono, members of Duran Duran, and others

As the video director of the song, Nigel Dick also directed the video for Down in a Hole

Yep I get tangled up sometimes, apologies.

Christmas Lights

The idea of covering this song was Coldplay singer Chris Martin's so now to a Coldplay song and saying Do they Know it's Christmas is of course a Christmas song a link to Coldplay's new Christmas song.

ME. I AM ME.
  • A little wordplay on Coldplay now

Foreplay/Long Time

I'm an avid listener to the Maconie and Radcliffe show so I love this game. No matter how complicated ObedientDrone has made it sound.

• Smells Like Teen Spirit

I added this because supposedly Nirvana ripped SLTS off from Boston.

ǝɔuǝʇuǝs spɹɐʍʞɔɐq
  • Let Me In by R.E.M

I chose this one because it's a tribute to Kurt Cobain who was the lead singer of Nirvana so there's a link.

ME. I AM ME.
  • Monster by The Automatic

I added this one because Let Me In was from the album Monster so we go from an album to a song.

• Man On The Moon by R.E.M

Let's go back to R.E.M. From The Automatic band let's go a track from the Automatic for the People album.

ME. I AM ME.
  • Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who

From The Moon to drummer of The Who Keith Moon. So we've got Won't Get Fooled Again.

• Parklife by Blur

The Who provided music for the famous MOD movie Quadrophenia and the star of Quadrophenia was Phil Daniels and he was featured in Blur song Parklife. So let's go to that one.

ME. I AM ME.
  • Animal Nitrate by Suede

Ah I couldn't be bothered adding a bloody link.

Pedro Romhanyi who directed the video for Parklife also directed the video to Animal Nitrate by Suede.

• Suedehead by Morrisey

Suede were named after this track. I couldn't really be bothered adding a link either. I just do it because everybody else does. I have to go now so I'll play you at this later.

ME. I AM ME.
  • Reality by Electronic

Morrisey was in The Smiths and so was Johnny Marr and he was in Electronic so now to a song by Electronic.

• lawynd sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 20 dec 2010, 20:25
    People as Places as People - Modest Mouse

Johnny Marr helped co-write We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank and performed with Modest Mouse as a touring member for three years.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
  • She's Pulling out My Pin- Elvis Costello and The Imposters

Dennis Herring who produced We Were Dead before the Ship Even Sank also produced The Delivery Man by Elvis Costello and The Imposters.

ME. I AM ME.
  • Wild Cats of Kilkenny by the pogues

Elvis Costello co-produced the album Rum,Sodomy & the Lash of which this track is from with Philip Chevron.

• Whiskey in the Jar by Thin Lizzy

I've got a double link here.The Pogues did a popular version of Irish traditional The Irish Rover. Another popular version of an old Irish traditional is Whiskey in the Jar by Thin Lizzy. Also Rum is a type of alcohol as is Whiskey.

ME. I AM ME.
  • Vertigo by U2

Thin Lizzy's record label was Vertigo so now to the U2 song of the same name.

Me and of course ObedientDrone are the only ones who seem to be taking this thread seriously.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2011, 18:31
    Can't remember the rules [too lazy to read 'em] but lets go anyways...

The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird

Full Metal Jacket was one of the many original titles for the song Vertigo, The Trashmen's Surfin' Bird features in the film Full Metal Jacket.

• Rockaway Beach by The Ramones

A bit of a double link here, The Ramones did a cover of this song once and also you go surfing near a beach (not that I'm an expert on surfing but it sounds sensible).

ME. I AM ME.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.