• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 aug 2006, 05:35

Artist Connections

Here's a watering hole for pisscalls and suggesting new artist connections.

Dave Holland, Pharaoh Sanders, and Sun Ra should be added as soon as Saturn re-aligns.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 aug 2006, 05:38
    dave holland is super. i'll add 'em soonly.

• Erik Friedlander seems to fit the profile.

About the recording of his 'Maldoror' CD:

In a darkened recording studio in old East Berlin, in a seance-like atmosphere, a time-traveling collaboration took place between the lawless black humor of the 19th-century poet Isidore Ducasse and the daring and sensitivity of the 21st century cellist Erik Friedlander. Producer Michael Montes, an audience of one, had carefully selected 10 excerpts from Ducasse's Maldoror which he believed would be particularly good for inciting musical inspiration. In the course of one hour the excerpts were placed in front of Erik one at a time. He responded to each excerpt with what you hear on this recording. The music is beautiful, mystical, intense--a journey into music's darkest heart. full text here

• I saw Erik Fridlander live a few months back opening for Masada(who will be added as well), and he was incredible.

• Improvised music here: Little Princess Orchestra

All Part Of The Sun and Middle Class Boy Yt Girl are my favourites.

When they're rolling this band are like no other "free improv" combo I've heard...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.