Which album do you prefer?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 sep 2006, 14:07

Which album do you prefer?

Kay, so I am just wondering which one you's prefer; Your Favorite Weapon or Deja Entendu?

:]

• It's really really close, but Deja is my favourite most days. I wish they played more of the old stuff live though. They seem to have abandoned most of those songs. :(

• Användare
    • 23 sep 2006, 17:23
    What tracks did they plat at Brixton?

And yea, Deja is my favourite too.

• Thegirlinhiding said:
    What tracks did they plat at Brixton?

And yea, Deja is my favourite too.

At Brixton they played the entire of Deja, except for "Good to know...", and five tracks from YFW - The Shower Scene, 70x7, No Seatbelt Song, Soco and Jesse played a solo Jude Law, which was actually pretty cool.

They also played about half a dozen new songs, which I didn't know obviously, but which sounded great. Quite like the Deja stuff. I don't think I have ever been looking forward to an album more than their new one. =D

• Användare
    • 23 sep 2006, 17:58
    Ooo, sounds awesome. =D I am not a massive fan of The Shower Scene. I dunno why, the song just never grabbed me like the other ones did..

It's ace to hear the new stuff's good. =) If it's like Deja then wahey!

I've heard the demos...A couple of them are meant to be on the next album, I think. =S Can't remember which ones though. Hehe.

And yeah dude, I'm excited too. Can't wait. :D

• I felt that way about the Shower Scene for ages and ages, and just recently (after over 100 plays!) I realised that I love it. It just grew on me. It was wicked live too.

Same thing happened with Jaws Theme Swimming actually.

I resisted downloading the leaked demos for a long time, but when I read the street team interview the other day Jesse mentioned that he felt like they represented an important piece of the process of creating the new record, and that he felt compelled to leave a lot of those songs off the record as a result of the leak, and that the album felt kind of incomplete as a result. This made me think that I was actually going to want to hear the demos at some point in the future, so I downloaded them and they are now sitting on my desktop staring at me... I want to hear the finished album first though, so I'm going to hold off listening to them for a while.

Roll on November. :)

• Användare
    • 23 sep 2006, 20:22
    Ah, so I am not alone on feeling that way about Shower Scene. :D Maybe it'll grow on me too. *Puts it on* :D

I didn't even know there were leaked demos until someone on another forum mentioned them. They uploaded them for me and so that's how I got 'em. If I'm honest, I haven't listened to them that much; probably a handful of times. Bit odd, really.

And yup, roll on November indeed. Can't wait.

• Hey guys, I just found this group so I thought I'd speak up.

Deja Entendu is definitely my favorite album of theirs. What I really like about Brand New is that I had Your Favorite Weapon to get me through highschool, and I have Deja Entendu to get me through college. I still like listening to their older stuff on occasion, but in terms of popping in a CD and playing it all the way through... Deja Entendu is where it's at for me.

I'd say its a great album to savor a blue mood.

Play Crack the Sky also kicks my ass all over the place.... I mean I like it all, but when I'm in the right mood for it PCtS just gives me the chills.

• safetycanary said:
    They also played about half a dozen new songs, which I didn't know obviously, but which sounded great. Quite like the Deja stuff. I don't think I have ever been looking forward to an album more than their new one. =D

SET LIST:

Tautou
    New Song 'Yeah' -Demo 8
    Jaws theme swimming
    Guernica
    I will play my game beneath the spin light
    Okay I believe you...
    Me vs maradona vs elvis
    The shower scene
    The quiet things the no one ever knows
    The no seatbelt song
    Sic transit gloria....glory fades
    Seventy times 7
    New Song - Demo 6
    The boy who blocked his own shot
    Soco ameretto lime
    New Song 'Take Apart Your Head'
    Jude law and a semester abroad (acoustic)
    Play crack the sky

Not in any order, but I think that is pretty much it all

UK Tour soon, can't wait

It all depends on my mood, I love the energy in YFW, but the Lyrical genius in Deja,

So it's usually Deja :D

</3 Mitch </3
  • I'm going to say Deja because the whole album seems more personal and mature. It's something I can relate to more than teenage angst written lyrics.

• Deja.

• Användare
    • 9 okt 2007, 12:59
    if i have to choose, i think your favorite weapon is the best one. but i love all their songs!

• hmm good question
    all their albums offer something different
    and i love all of them

i love the punk-rock type music on 'your favourate weapon' and i love some of the angry lyrics (especially on seventy times 7, lol)

on deja entendu, the songs are more complex and the band is more developed, and it's a truely great album, and my 3 fav songs of theirs are on this album (okay i beleive.., guernica and sic transit gloria), so id say this is my fav album

the style on 'the devil and god..' is pretty different again, and it's still amazing, with darker and even more complex songs, and its another amazing album, probs my second favourate of theirs

bring on album number 4's all i say!

• Användare
    • 2 jan 2008, 23:45
    I used to think that Your Favorite Weapon was Brand New's best work.. but Brand New has grown musically since for good, and they can only get better.

When does album 4 get released?

• Deja.

• shit, thats like asking what feels better....taking a shit or a piss. honestly i would have to say YOUR FAVORITE WEAPON. Basically because it brings back so many memories. Im 21 now and I got that cd my sophmore year in high school and i was hooked then. I listed to Deja over and over go help get over my gf, and now im have been listening to TDAGARIM because it speaks to me...once again. but ya, YFV is my fav. it take me back to some special places.

• doodextreme said:
    I used to think that Your Favorite Weapon was Brand New's best work.. but Brand New has grown musically since for good, and they can only get better.

When does album 4 get released?

dude, i was thinking the same thing, but look at the time between de ja and the devil and god. its say to say that it will be released within the next 5 years, but anything before then is like trying to predict when the next person on earth going to di

• Deja Entendu is my favorite album of all time. musically, i think it portrays the band at its best.
    that's not to say that Your Favorite Weapon and The Devil & God aren't good albums. honestly, Brand New is the only band that has impressed me with all of their music. all three albums have a different sound, and not one of them is a bad album.

• Deja Entedu is a masterpiece, and my favourite album of time probably.

• designerlove said:
    Deja Entendu is my favorite album of all time. musically, i think it portrays the band at its best.
    that's not to say that Your Favorite Weapon and The Devil & God aren't good albums. honestly, Brand New is the only band that has impressed me with all of their music. all three albums have a different sound, and not one of them is a bad album.

haha, exactly.

• Between those two... Deja. I just prefer the maturity of the album to YFW.

The Devil and God is, right now, my favourite album in the world.

Take apart your head
    Chew it up
    And swallow it...
  • I preffer Deja :)

• every their album is really good but i prefer more "TG&DARIM"

• the demos all the way
    i dont really care if they are not albums

• Daft_Bob sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2008, 18:56
    Your Favorite Weapon is amazing but it doesn't compare to Deja or TDAGARIM, it's a great album but the other two are are just perfect.

Deja is definatly easier to get into, but i think they are both equal. my two favourite albums of all time

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.