New stats and features?

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 dec 2008, 15:41

New stats and features?

Do you have any ideas for the site write them here and I'll come back to you.
    I spank OnDistantShores, TPar and more for many ideas for stats :)
    Thread in stats forum

- Autoadd new plays
    - Compare users...?
    - Add existing stats from The stats group or some other stats?
    - Show stats for all users. Toplists over total scrobbled tracks etc.
    - Add duration to all tracks, 1 523 061 left (2010-05-13)
    - "Loved percentage" calculator. Determine the percentage of an artist's played tracks that a user has loved. (o2w4e)
    - A
    - B
    - C

Redigerad av m0nkiii den 13 maj 2010, 12:09
  • Gr8 Job!

Feel weird adding suggestions b/c I really have no idea how time consuming or what the level of difficulty involved is. However, Hopefully these would B fairly simple 2 implement . If not, Pleeze ignore.

1. Ability 2 change Font - colors more so than design 4 me. [edit: don't worry about this, it looks good]

2. Case-sensitive Naming - Not a big deal 4 me, but others may have special meaning thru spelling. Like say LOts of volUme Death (LOUD). I know that's dumb, but it's off the top of my head. [edit: don't worry about this either, Just #3]

3. Throw " http://lastfm.shikaka.net/pics/m0nkiii.png " up N the Group img block.

Thx 4 Ur Work. 8D

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jan 2009, 19:09
    It's great that you come suggestions. Don't worry about the level of difficulty. If it's too hard I'll probably not do it :)

#1: Do you mean on the site or the picture?

#2: I think when I add tracks I set all to low-case, for some reason. Don't know why just now :P It might be for a reason or I just did it.

#3: Good idea! I will make a better picture some day.

• #1 Yeah, I was thinking the picture.

• sqra sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 feb 2009, 23:57

real top artists

I know thayt you can do it using some other stats somewhere, but it'd be nice if you could add a feature that would show the "real" top plays/artists, based on the lenght of the tracks, not the playcount. I'd be nice to have everything in one place:)

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 feb 2009, 18:32

Re: real top artists

sqra said:
    I know thayt you can do it using some other stats somewhere, but it'd be nice if you could add a feature that would show the "real" top plays/artists, based on the lenght of the tracks, not the playcount. I'd be nice to have everything in one place:)

That's already done here.
    Group result by: Artist
    Group result by: Artist & Title
    Then because all tables are sortable, press Minutes so the table sorts it after minutes :) You might have to press it twice to sort it ascending.

I've been thinking about all stats on the same place.
    Which stats would be interesting?

• i dunno that should be in bugs or wishes. first that i noticed here is a unsupport for special characters (ą,ę,ó,ż,ź,ś,ł,ń, moremoremore) and asian. are you thinkin about them in future? :)

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 feb 2009, 12:27
    nekokawaigari said:
    i dunno that should be in bugs or wishes. first that i noticed here is a unsupport for special characters (ą,ę,ó,ż,ź,ś,ł,ń, moremoremore) and asian. are you thinkin about them in future? :)

Yeah I'm aware that some characters are just ?????. I tried to read them correctly a while ago but didn't make it.
    If anyone have any idea on how to read them correctly with PHP please let me know.

• Would it B difficult 2 highlight every other line on the picture? I guess kinda like how many music players list their content. Nothing crazy, just a light gray mayB then white and repeat and so forth. whatever's EZ.

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 mar 2009, 21:08
    Milkshake8 said:
    Would it B difficult 2 highlight every other line on the picture? I guess kinda like how many music players list their content. Nothing crazy, just a light gray mayB then white and repeat and so forth. whatever's EZ.

As a matter of fact I'm working on a more optional way to generate the picture. So I will try to make this happen too.

• Awesome. Much Thx!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2009, 06:34
    There's one thing I've always wanted to do with last.fm, and that's be able to see when the last time was that I scrobble a certain artist. Maybe I'm just incompetent at using last.fm (if this is so, feel free to mock me, and point me in the right direction), but if not, is there any way this could be done?

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2009, 11:00
    I don't know about last.fm but on my page it's possible if you have updated your stats.

Go to Artists/Tracks charts and type in the artist and press enter. Sort by date by clicking on DATE or go to the last page.

You can also go to Graphs and type in the artist but it might be harder to see when the last time were there.

• I don't know if it is possible or how time consuming it would be to actually write the code, but maybe a Graph showing the 'plays per day' over a specified period of time. With such a graph, one could identify periods of time with a huge amount of music listened to...

But in the end, I only can say that you do a great job with these stats, a very useful and informative thingy ;)

Rob

• Where are nearly everywhere scripts for tracks per day (even lastfm does it now, just hover over the trackcounter). In my opinion it's not the real way vor comparing how much a user listens to music. So you have already this nice "total time played" stat. What about a stat which shows how much hours you spend per day in music listening? :)
    With tracks per day no one can really say "hey.. I listen to more music per day than you". Track lengths are different (e.g. punk rock tracks are often shorter (~ <4min) than trance remixes (~ 7-10min))

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jun 2009, 18:31
    BlackBasset said:
    I don't know if it is possible or how time consuming it would be to actually write the code, but maybe a Graph showing the 'plays per day' over a specified period of time. With such a graph, one could identify periods of time with a huge amount of music listened to...

But in the end, I only can say that you do a great job with these stats, a very useful and informative thingy ;)

Rob

If I understand you correct, this already exists on the page http://lastfm.shikaka.net/index.php?stat=charts
    In the first graph you can see if huge amount of music was played over some period in time. It's a graph over how your total amount of plays increases.

PsychoOhneHirn said:
    Where are nearly everywhere scripts for tracks per day (even lastfm does it now, just hover over the trackcounter). In my opinion it's not the real way vor comparing how much a user listens to music. So you have already this nice "total time played" stat. What about a stat which shows how much hours you spend per day in music listening? :)
    With tracks per day no one can really say "hey.. I listen to more music per day than you". Track lengths are different (e.g. punk rock tracks are often shorter (~ <4min) than trance remixes (~ 7-10min))

Nice idea! It's implemented now :) I've also added it to the picuture.
    But keep in might that I don't have all lengths.
    You can see how many tracks you miss on http://lastfm.shikaka.net/index.php?stat=other under Total musictime! (Missing plays/total)

• awesome! :D

now i'm happy. I ever wanted it since I joined lastfm and now i have it... and so fast. Great! :D

when i wrote the shout i dind't thought about that you have to get all the lengths... so thanks again for the explanation. Now I know that my total playtime was so low because i have many tracks there your databse had not the lengths (I'm sure about "many", there are still over 1000 missing tracks ;) ).
    But in the meanwhile the total play time raised massively and looks much more realistic! :)

• Xemper sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2009, 05:45
    A stat I'd quite like to see is a graph of the chart position of an artist over time. Artists are overtaking each other all the time in my charts as new artists are discovered and I grow tired of old ones. But there is no way of finding out the chart changes relative to... say, six months ago. I think it would be a good way to visualise the (un)popularity of an artist through time.

• Personally, I'd love to see statistics of where my music is from. I think you'd have to parse the last.fm tags for each artist and look for certain keywords like 'swedish' etc in order to identify an artist's origin reliably (to my knowledge there's no online database containing this information for every genre, sadly). When there is more than one possible country for an artist, like several artists sharing the same name, allow the user to pick the artist(s) in question himself.

There is already a project doing that exact thing. Unfortunately, I haven't bookmarked it and can't remember the url. When I tried it a few weeks ago it recognised almost all my artists correctly. I'd really really love to see this in Extra Stats some day :D

:D
    • m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2009, 07:57
    Here's the link Last.fm nationality statistics:
    http://xhochy.org/lastfm-nationstats/

Of course it would be great to have all on one place but because it already exists it's not high-priority.

A graph over up-and-downs in the chart can easily be implemented. I'll do it when I got time :)

Really great you come with ideas, more more!

• Thanks for the link, I've been searching all over for it. I agree, it's not high priority at all, but still it would be nice to have since I'm also interested in some global stats (i.e. 'which country are the majority of bands/plays of ExtraStats' users from' or a list comparing your plays from a certain country to the plays of other ppl and so on).

A similar list could be implemented in the artist statistics, I guess. I'm thinking of something like this: for every artist you enter it shows you a list with the neighbouring 5 people with more and 5 people with less plays for that artist. Maybe not only sortable by plays but also by play time. Also it'd be great if in this list you were shown your rank among all the Extra Stats users (e.g. 154th of 1022 listeners, 155th, 156th, ...,) so one could easily see how many of the Extra Stats users have more plays of that artist. I hope you understand what I mean, I'm having some difficulties putting my thoughts into words :) I don't know if that's what you mean by "compare users" in the first post, m0nkiii.

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2009, 14:02
    I agree that it would be interesting to have the country for all artists and comparing it with others. I have thought about tags too. But at the moment there's ~1 300 000 tracks in the database and soon I won't have any more space on my webhost :P
    Album is also a thing that could be nice to have in the access too.

I think I understand. An example:
    Radiohead: You are the 154th of 400 listeners
    User A: 700 plays
    User E: 600 plays
    You: 500 plays
    User F: 400 plays
    User J: 50 plays

And one list not by plays but for playtime.

Compare users is a wide area. You could compare about anything really.
    More ideas about comparisons?

• Yes, that's exactly how I mean it :D I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas at the moment, but as you've said - you can compare virtually anything. Oh, and I don't know if two lists are needed. Couldn't you just make a single list with one column for playtime and one for plays and let the user choose by which of those to sort it?

• m0nkiii sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2009, 20:34
    Xemper said:
    A stat I'd quite like to see is a graph of the chart position of an artist over time. Artists are overtaking each other all the time in my charts as new artists are discovered and I grow tired of old ones. But there is no way of finding out the chart changes relative to... say, six months ago. I think it would be a good way to visualise the (un)popularity of an artist through time.

Check this out and see if that's what you were looking for:
    http://lastfm.shikaka.net/index.php?stat=slider

Capricornus said:
    Yes, that's exactly how I mean it :D I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas at the moment, but as you've said - you can compare virtually anything. Oh, and I don't know if two lists are needed. Couldn't you just make a single list with one column for playtime and one for plays and let the user choose by which of those to sort it?

Yeah you're right, one list is enough.

• i have a few suggestion (if they are already integrated and i'm too stupid too find them, pls tell me^^)

1. add song lengths manually. for example ~10-15% of my plays don't have lenghts so things like total running time aren't correct. imo they sould be editable (maybe just changeable for yourself or as "global" change for all users). of course this could be abused but in fact you will just kid yourself.

2. a list of the artist/tracks being #artist/track of the week/month/year most often. for example:
    artist1: 123 times artist of the week
    artist2: 67 times...etc

and i guess the "artist first played" statistic doesn't work as it should. i always see my top artist the right track and time with the count 1. but if i want to get statts for another artist, i can still se my top artisdt on the top and below a (seemingly) random track of the artist i wanted. but the track/time shown is definately not the first time i played it (sometimes the count is even higher than the track-counter from this artist overall, e.g. i have played feindflug 441 times overall but the counter says 530 and a date that was far later than my first feindflug scrobble).

but anyway, thank you for this great site :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.