Epic / Traditional Doom with clean, understandable vocals?

• V_Shaft sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 maj 2011, 10:52

Epic / Traditional Doom with clean, understandable vocals?

I'm relatively new to the epic doom genre, so I was wondering if some of the veterans out here could recommend some other doom (preferably epic, but also traditional) metal bands with clean, strong and understandable vocals, meaning I can actually make out the lyrics?

"While Heaven Wept" would be my perfect epic doom band. Great music, with clean, audible and strong vocals. Isole would be somewhere in the middle, because the vocals are somewhat drowned in the music. On the other hand, Scald is a band who does not appeal to me because I can't understand a single word the vocalist sings, even though I find the music itself to my liking.

There are too many bands I've heard I like musically, and then the vocal starts screeching or growling, or on the opposite hand, mumbling softly, and it all goes to hell for me.

Thanks in advance.

• erx98 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2011, 06:08

Suggestions

Some of this bands are split up/ hard to find but perhaps you might like some of them.

Dawn of winter
    Doomshine
    Seamount
    Left Hand Solution
    Solstice

Pentagram USA (Not turkish heavy metal band Pentagram)
    Place of skulls
    The Obsessed
    Spirit Caravan

Spiritus Mortis
    Serpent
    Trouble
    Wall of sleep
    Eternal Elysium
    Nomad Son
    Forsaken, from Malta, (Not, The Forsaken, death metal from Sweden)

Leif Edling (Candlemass) and his sideprojects are always heavy beyond anything else, however are the lyrics sometimes more spoken.
    Leif Edling-Songs Of Torment - Songs Of Joy
    Abstrakt Algebra-S/T
    Krux- I and II

Not realy doom but quite heavy:
    Grand Magus
    Las Cruces

Lars Johansson (Candlemass) sideprojects are not in the doom genre, more mid tempo but i like them.
    Creozoth-ST 2005
    Zoic-Total level of destruction 1996

• erx98 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2011, 07:13

More bands

Memory garden started in the mid 90,s still active

Last Chapter-The Living Waters 1998 (Robert Lowe
    vocals (guest) (Candlemass, Concept Of God, Solitude Aeturnus)

Oversoul-Seven Days In November ... 2000
    Concept of god-Visions 2007

• V_Shaft sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2011, 12:05
    Whoa! That's a lot of bands. Will check on Youtube, to see which ones I like. Thanks for all the recommendations.

• erx98 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2011, 14:04

Serpent (sweden)

About the band Serpent, if you search for them on the web there will probably turn up a lot of other bands with that name. Info about the band i recomennded are at this link. http://sludgeswamp.blogspot.com/2010/11/some-refreshing-healthy-juicy-groovy.html
    or on www.bnrmetal.com http://www.bnrmetal.com/v2/bandpage.php?ID=Serp

• Manowar1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jun 2011, 00:25

Also, check out these Doom pioneers:

Saint Vitus
    Cirith Ungol
    Pagan Altar
    Count Raven

• I'm seconding the Grand Magus recommendation, one of my favorite bands and definitely an excellent listen.

• Messiah Marcolin rules

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.