Kampfar - Folkish Pagan Black Metal from Norway

lastfm page
    Myspace
    Official site

Full album Discography:
    Mellom Skogkledde Aaser (1997)
    Fra Underverdenen (1999)
    Kvass (2006)

Frankly speaking I've listened only to the last album (I have it on CD). And I find it very catchy! ‘Kvass’ is definitely an album that grows on you with time.
    Here is small review:

Opening up with an almost hypnotic drum and giutar intro I knew this album would hit the spot as soon as I played it the very first time.
    The genre we are dealing with here is traditional black metal with some rather catchy folk melodies. Riffs are plain and repetetive but still solid and captivating in the true veins of norwegian black metal. It is as if time stands still, one is directly transported back to the roots of black metal, it's almost a bit nostalgic in a way. The atmosphere is cold and filled with that pagan feeling, hammering forth like a war horse.

Mixing is high-quality with every one and each instrument clearly present for investigation in great detail. Everything is coated with a soft layer making the listening comfortable even at extreme volumes. The softness also contributes to the hypnotic effect; it makes your daydreams even more realistic and you're found staring empty into space while your thoughts wander off into the distant past. It's just wonderful black metal meditation material. I love it.

and one can listen to 30sec previews of all tracks in low quality at last.fm/music/Kampfar/Kvass

• A fantastic band and highly recommended, I suggest 'Mellom Skogkledde Aaser' but you can't go wrong with any of their releases.

• Jd_Jd_Jd sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jun 2008, 12:14
    Great band. About a week ago I bought 'Mellom Skogkledde Aaser' and I hope to purchase the rest of their discography soon.

• parys_pl sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 apr 2009, 22:47
    Discography needs to be updated, they released new full-lenght called "Heimgang" in 2008.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.