has anyone met any ECM artist?

• has anyone met any ECM artist?

I met Jan Garbarek and The Hilliard Ensemble on 2001 and had a chance to talk to them after the concert. As they were tired, I did not take their time much but it was fun. I did not forget to take their autographs... Was a good memory

I have a lot to say, I have a lot of nothing to say...
  • No, but I'm in the front row to see Ketil Bjornstad tonight, so I'll shout him a "hi" from you if you like :)

Love peace and truth incorporated for all who seek
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 jul 2006, 11:26
    Have an ongoing correspondence with Tord Gustavsen but no-one else. Nice bloke : )

• I met, and interviewed, Tomasz Stanko and Paul Bley in 1999, at the ECM: Selected Signs exhibition/concert series in Brighton. Both were very warm people, with years of wisdom to share ...

• Here is a list of ECM artists I met:

1. Tord Gustavsen Trio
    2. Pat Metheny Group
    3. Bobo Stenson Trio (unfortunately without Paul Motian but a young drummer from Sweden who will have his own album on ECM soon; this is what Bobo Stenson told me)
    4. Miroslav Vitous
    5. John Abercrombie
    6. Anders Jormin

I met them on diverse festivals and concerts from 2001 to 2006.

All of them are remarkable musicians but the most accessible as people were Pat Metheny and Bobo Stenson. They did not behave as if they were superior to the audience but treated us in a very warm way.

• ECM artist

Hi Emre,

Have you seen one of the new releases of the ECM ? (the wind) We have ECM artists from Turkey now...(or three more??? I don't know.) So we can reach them easier than other artists :)ECM New releases

• I spoke to Paul Motian for all of two seconds at the jazz Standard.

That doesn't really count as meeting him, i guess.

• Aman sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2007, 10:45
    I've met Pat Metheny, Dave Holland, and Paul Motian, but also, most importantly:

ANTHONY BRAXTON!!

• I co-host a weekly jazz/improvised music radio program that gives me opportunities to meet and interview musicans. I've been lucky enough to meet/interview Dave Holland, Kenny Wheeler, Steve Tibbetts, Jack DeJohnette, Roscoe Mitchell, David Murray, Chico Freeman, Wadada Leo Smith, Craig Taborn and Dave Liebman.

• Användare
    • 29 mar 2008, 19:22

:(

whoa, How I envy you, lucky bastards;)I haven't met anyone of them yet, except Możdżer.

• ramanugc sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 feb 2009, 21:27
    Yes, I was lucky enough to have the chance talk to Egberto Gismonti, and also to Ralph Towner and Paul McCandless, here in my city (Belo Horizonte, MG - Brazil). :)

• Användare
    • 17 okt 2010, 20:11
    Charles Lloyd and Jon Hassell.......very intelligent men.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.