Downtempo favourites - a track tag station

• Downtempo favourites - a track tag station

OK people, here's the plan - everyone that wants to can tag their 1 favourite downtempo track as . Post it here as well so we can see who tagged what. At the end of it we should have a pretty good downtempo station to listen to :-)

I know it's probably hard to think of one track but have a go... If not enough people take part we could extend it to 2 tracks each perhaps...

When there are more tracks you can listen to it here:
    Downtempo group favourites

Anyways, I haven't thought of mine yet, but I'll tag it and post here when I have.

Have fun,

Andy

p.s. remember to tag tracks, not artists or albums

Redigerad av andymantell den 18 sep 2006, 13:00
  • ok, I've tagged Ghostwriter as my favourite so far :-) It might change if I feel like it...

Andy

• Turnado sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 aug 2006, 19:26
    I've gone with [track]The Cinematic Orchestra - All Things To All Men[/track] because its amazing and I was listening to it when I read this post.

• IanAR sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 aug 2006, 23:12

Corners of the Mouth - Mice Parade - Peeking Around the Corner

Mice Parade - Peeking Around the Corner and Five Days (feat. Cyndi Lauper) are the two highest placed, inarguably , tracks on my three monthly chart I've added the former, 'cause I think more people should hear it.

I've also tagged it and think we should move the game to this tag, since it's less likely to suffer spamming, with album/artist tagging, from folk who've not read this thread. - Ian

• for anyone new reading this thread, we're sticking with the original tag to avoid the confusion and hassle of moving it unnecessarily...

• [track]Tosca - Doris Dub[/track] - the most blissed out tune ever.

• Just checked that track, and it's not streamable... Would it be possible for you to choose a track that's streamable on last.fm? The idea is to make a tag radio station of everyone's favourite tracks so they need to be streamable...

Cheers

Andy

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 30 aug 2006, 19:42
  • oh go on then, it'll make up the numbers a bit :-) I'll look the other way. /8-|

• Babs_05 sa...
    • 30 aug 2006, 21:11
    taa! and I tagged them correctly now. 'downtempo group favourites'

: )

• I've tagged Boards of Canada - Happy Cycling. It's a beautiful song, and I think more people should listen to it. Tough choice between that and Chris Clark - Lord of the Dance, though.

[center][url="http://loomcore.bandcamp.com";]Bandcamp | [url="http://www.myspace.com/loomcore";]MySpace[/center]

• cool thanks :-) Let's hope some more people join in and we get something streamable soon...

• i tagged End Of Music by do make say think. not sure if that is downtempo... but i like it.
    i was going to tag Classic Noodlanding, but i changed my mind

Redigerad av no-genius den 7 sep 2006, 10:51
  • That track doesn't seem to be streamable, is there any chance you could tag something streamable? How about that classic noodlanding track... It's kinda of downtempo ish from the 30 seconds I heard

Cheers :-)

Andy

• ok. can i tag more than 1?

• IanAR sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 sep 2006, 17:25

PolyGroovers Spam!

Oh dear! Not even the decency to join the group and PolyGroovers're spamming the tag, with some tat. - Ian

• define spam... It sounds kinda downtempoish to me... Maybe that really is his favourite downtempo track. I can't say I love it particularly but that's not the point.

Ok so he didn't join the group and yes perhaps he is advertising his band ever so slightly but it doesn't really matter that much. When the tag grows a bit I shall probably just ban or press next on the ones I don't like.

Anyways, I've message him to ask him to at least join the group.

@no-genius - yeah go on, we've not had that many people tag tracks so you can tag 2 if you like... :-)

• IanAR sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 sep 2006, 01:46

Last.fm Tag Spamming

andymantell said:
    define spam

Generally ...
    Wikipedia said:
    the abuse of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited, undesired bulk messages.

... more precisely, I'd say ...
    The divisive or ignorant misuse of Last.fm tags, to artificially heighten the play of inappropriate music, on Last.fm's global tag stations, or to vandalise the usefulness of those global tags and stations.

• OK. I tagged Tracy

• IanAR said:
    andymantell said:
    define spam

Generally ...
    Wikipedia said:
    the abuse of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited, undesired bulk messages.

... more precisely, I'd say ...
    The divisive or ignorant misuse of Last.fm tags, to artificially heighten the play of inappropriate music, on Last.fm's global tag stations, or to vandalise the usefulness of those global tags and stations.

Well its not a problem anymore since he joined the group... Plus the music wasn't wholly inappropriate given that it was downtempo...

• Andy, how do I know whether a track's streamable?

• hi,

go to the track's page on last.fm such as:

Glitz Rock

and you'll see a green arrow next to the track name which you can click on to listen to a preview of the track.

On the other hand, a track like this:

La Redecouverte

has no green arrow and also has the text "This track isn't available on Last.fm radio yet."

Cheers

Andy

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 sep 2006, 19:06
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 sep 2006, 19:09
    It is my pleasure to add Hey Blondie.
    You guys are adding my favorites here... Ghostwriter, Sixty-ten, Happy Cycling.. I love those. Keep keeping on :)
    - greetings from Hungary

• My choice would be dZihan & Kamien - Der Bauch but unfortunately it's not streamable :( so i recommend [track]Tosca - The Big Sleep[/track]

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.