The First Band...

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2008, 22:18

The First Band...

What was the first doom-drone-sludge (whatever doom/sludge in general) band that you ever heard?

For me it was Floor. After growing up on punk rock that was the heaviest sludge filled band I had heard in my life.

• For me it was Candlemass. And the first doom album was their masterpiece "Epicus Doomicus Metalicus". :)

• It was My Dying Bride for me.

• Actually I guess it was Black Sabbath.

• I can't remember if it was Reverend Bizarre or Saint Vitus.

• Black Sabbath, then early Anathema, Paradise Lost and MDB at the same time :)
    They are still my favorites...

• Black Sabbath of course, the band which changed my life.

• Been listening to Sabbath since I was about 12-13, but I really got into Doom about 3 years ago, I think Electric Wizard were one of the first bands of the genre that I got into.

• in my case it was Black Sabbath, then i was going throug Katatonia Anathema MDB Paradise Lost and many others but Katatonia made the biggest impression on me

• Was Warning for me about two months ago. Was converted instantly.

• Probably Anathema or Katatonia

• Användare
    • 23 nov 2008, 20:37
    My Dying Bride, Sunn O))) and Forgotten Tomb were the first (vaguely) Doom Metal bands I listened to. Being a fan of Black Metal, Death Metal and all that I kinda went through the back door so to speak when it came to Doom.

• Gavnosh sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 nov 2008, 02:19
    It was Tiamat

http://www.11x11.com/?ref=2029 - the bes football online manager
  • first was probably katatonia. then rosetta (doom/atmospheric sludge/postwhatever)

• Davpe sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 nov 2008, 13:37
    Katatonia, then Anathema :)

• It was Anathema for me. I bought Alternative 4 on a whim with only having ever heard the name Anathema and loved it from there.
    It was a bit of time before I got into more doom, but I consider Anathema my first meeting with 'doom'

A Walk With the Wicked - South African Death Groove
  • I guess it was Anathema, then My Dying Bride.

• It was My Dying Bride...

• Användare
    • 28 nov 2008, 18:18
    When i was 13 years old i bought a sampler in my holidays in France. It was a Dwath Metal Sample was called "Masters of Brutality" and on this sampler there were songs of Paradise Lost (As I Die), My Dying Bride (The Forever People) and a song of Cathedral i can`t remember, so this was my first contcat with doom. ;-)

• Användare
    • 29 nov 2008, 11:04
    faith_no_more_ said:
    Black Sabbath of course, the band which changed my life.

just the way i feel, well Sabbath not changed my life, they changed my way of thinking about metal honesty, thanks too Sabbath i started too listen too all kind of metal...

• My Dying Bride's ''Turn Loose The Swans'', couldn't have started in a better place :)

• Probably Black Sabbath I guess. I think I then went from Anathema to Crowbar to Eyehategod.

Eyehategod had the most impact though, even if it wasn't the first. There's something about the chaos on Take as needed that was just amazing.

Can you recommend some other Floor stuff - the only one I heard and really liked was Sunday and it's a helluva song.

• Användare
    • 8 dec 2008, 05:01
    I think Floors best starting point would be w/ the album Dove. They also played in other bands like Cavity and a band called Dove which if you're into EHG would probably be into.

• For me it was Swallow The Sun (melodic death / doom), heard it on the radio when I was quite young, but I liked it very much, still one of my favourite artists ever

• Användare
    • 8 dec 2008, 23:40
    Empyrium of course!
    I'll never forget my feeling when I first heard "Das Blau"...it was incredible :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.